Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast

Re: Make America Great Again

Trump during the republican primaries said he was taking advantage of the tax system and wanted to change/simplify it. With really no help from Ryan and McConnell only a watered down version (the tax cuts) was hammered out. Things like charities (which Trump donated his whole presidential salary too) and other writeoffs like green energy perks were left in. This is just the house dems being A holes on their way out the door.

Lax you're dead on with the flat tax or fair tax should be in but why simplify it right. We need govt employees (87k strong more) and auditors and lawyers and give backs and pet projects you know. Gotta keep the govt big and powerful.
    I don't know a lot but I know a little

Quote Originally Posted by blueridgemtnman View Post
    Yeah....I've been following the thread and pretty much agree. In essence, ol' Lax is trolling folks here and he knows it. It doesn't much bother me, since he's a good dude and a long time poster. But...yes, he's trolling and pretty much admits it. It's cool.....
    OK.....duly noted.

Quote Originally Posted by CarrollCoRaven View Post
    Lax, I've made it no secret that DeSantis is my guy also. I don't know enough about her, but a VP dark horse (no pun intended) could be the Lieutenant Governor of Virginia, Winsome Earle-Sears. The left would have a total meltdown over that one. They absolutely hate conservative black women with a passion. It would be fun to watch.
    Actually I like this even more when I think about it.......why? for the sake of discussion let's agree that Biden doesn't run. I think Kamala Harris runs, she will try the same angle that was used for Obama and Clinton.....if you don't vote for me you must be a racist, misogynist. If Earle-Sears runs as a VP that takes that conversation out of the discussion.

This is the same reason why Trump would never get past the primaries, the Democrats won't have to talk about policy......it will be all about Trump personally. The Democrats have worked from the day Trump was elected in 2016 through even today to stop Trump from being re-elected. No matter if it was in 2020 or 2024. The entire election will be about Trump. As far as I am concerned trump hasn't helped change that narrative. Same ol' smug self. In 2016 we loved that brashness........but that schtick gets old as well. You guys are right, the Republicans have to come across fresh......it can be a conservative platform b ut it has to sound fresh.......look fresh. McConnell has to go.....That look of the "Good ol' Boy" network has to be retired. I know they are the movers and shakers in Washington. Won't be easy to get them to move on......but it has to happen.

4. Re: Make America Great Again

Quote Originally Posted by CarrollCoRaven View Post
    Lax, I've made it no secret that DeSantis is my guy also. I don't know enough about her, but a VP dark horse (no pun intended) could be the Lieutenant Governor of Virginia, Winsome Earle-Sears. The left would have a total meltdown over that one. They absolutely hate conservative black women with a passion. It would be fun to watch.
    I agree. She would also be a great choice.

Quote Originally Posted by ThankyouArt! View Post
    Actually I like this even more when I think about it.......why? for the sake of discussion let's agree that Biden doesn't run. I think Kamala Harris runs, she will try the same angle that was used for Obama and Clinton.....if you don't vote for me you must be a racist, misogynist. If Earle-Sears runs as a VP that takes that conversation out of the discussion.

This is the same reason why Trump would never get past the primaries, the Democrats won't have to talk about policy......it will be all about Trump personally. The Democrats have worked from the day Trump was elected in 2016 through even today to stop Trump from being re-elected. No matter if it was in 2020 or 2024. The entire election will be about Trump. As far as I am concerned trump hasn't helped change that narrative. Same ol' smug self. In 2016 we loved that brashness........but that schtick gets old as well. You guys are right, the Republicans have to come across fresh......it can be a conservative platform b ut it has to sound fresh.......look fresh. McConnell has to go.....That look of the "Good ol' Boy" network has to be retired. I know they are the movers and shakers in Washington. Won't be easy to get them to move on......but it has to happen.
    Absolutely! Need to flush those “good ole boys and girls “! Get some fresh ,younger Republicans in there.

Seriously..the GOP has to get serious about their candidates. Was Hershel Walker the best they could do in Ga? Really? Shit …pay to move Kim Klacik there! She’s smart,attractive, and has some great ideas. Oh and she’s black and a woman so …win win. Not sure what the GOP did in Arizona ( besides Trump taking shots at McCain) but I though they’d win that back this year.

The Dems are gonna push Kamala or another female minority for POTUS in 24. Sleepy Joe is done. Reps better get DeSantis on board and hammer down with some “new” ideas.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by Laxdad24 View Post
    Wow! This dude may be the smartest asshat in the country! My man comes on TV and says shit like “make America Great” and “ I hate the swamp” and his followers eat it up like candy. This same asshat paid $750 in IRS taxes two years in a row and then $0 dollars tax the following year! Zero income tax! Wow!

“Make America Great Again “…just not on my dime ! Donald Trump for Pres 2024.

Welcome back!

Sent from my Pixel 6 Pro using Tapatalk

Hilarious. The few are still dying on that Trump vine. They will ride and die to the end with their blindfolds on. The writing is on the wall, Trump is done. He's hanged himself with his narcissism and egomaniacal behaviors. All the winner has done is lose. Eventually people wake up from that. We now have 'woke' conservatives who have stopped drinking the cool aid. However...

In true Trump fashion, he will obliterate the party to try to win. If Desantis grows a pair and dips his toe in, Trump will destroy his career with the nicknames and rumors. If for some reason the establishment props up Desantis or any other candidate over the finish line, Trump will tell his voters that they cheated him and will destroy any chance of them winning. It all points to Trump being the nominee and us having a 90 year old president Biden in 2024. Trump won't be indicted. If he is, it will be flimsy. The powers at be need him to run in 2024...so he can lose again. He is the best thing democrats got going for elections. When Trump does finally ride off in the sunset, the new leaders will be: Kari Lake, MTG, Matt Gates and the like to carry the torch. Will there ever be a place for an Asa Hutchinson or a Tim Scott to lead the party again?

Btw, gas is $2.90 in my area. Lowest since the pandemic. Malls we're jammed up all holiday shopping, couldn't find anything as it everything was sold out. People spending money. Americans are smart. They know what time it is and why prices are really up. The mid terms proved that. Fear tactics and lies don't work. We need more independent thinkers like Kristen Sinema and the moderate republicans, dems to get things done for our country.

Happy New Year.

Sent from my SM-F926U using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by ddr_jr View Post
    Hilarious. The few are still dying on that Trump vine. They will ride and die to the end with their blindfolds on. The writing is on the wall, Trump is done. He's hanged himself with his narcissism and egomaniacal behaviors. All the winner has done is lose. Eventually people wake up from that. We now have 'woke' conservatives who have stopped drinking the cool aid. However...

In true Trump fashion, he will obliterate the party to try to win. If Desantis grows a pair and dips his toe in, Trump will destroy his career with the nicknames and rumors. If for some reason the establishment props up Desantis or any other candidate over the finish line, Trump will tell his voters that they cheated him and will destroy any chance of them winning. It all points to Trump being the nominee and us having a 90 year old president Biden in 2024. Trump won't be indicted. If he is, it will be flimsy. The powers at be need him to run in 2024...so he can lose again. He is the best thing democrats got going for elections. When Trump does finally ride off in the sunset, the new leaders will be: Kari Lake, MTG, Matt Gates and the like to carry the torch. Will there ever be a place for an Asa Hutchinson or a Tim Scott to lead the party again?

Btw, gas is $2.90 in my area. Lowest since the pandemic. Malls we're jammed up all holiday shopping, couldn't find anything as it everything was sold out. People spending money. Americans are smart. They know what time it is and why prices are really up. The mid terms proved that. Fear tactics and lies don't work. We need more independent thinkers like Kristen Sinema and the moderate republicans, dems to get things done for our country.

Happy New Year.

Do you think Sinema stays “independent “ or does she shade to the Republican side to run for office again? Don’t know as much about her as Tulsi.

Happy New Year.

Meh.........spending hasn't really increased that much. Here's an article from Yahoo that shows that spending was up on average of $20 from 2019. You really can not use figures from 2020 or 2021 because of the pandemic. The pandemic skews any numbers from that year. WHat this article failed to mention or take in to account was inflation. How much of that $20 is inflation.......my guess, most of it.

I will also tell you that the industry I work in......we'll call it "Home improvement", I have been in the business for over 40 years and have never seen it be this slow. The Christmas period is historically our busiest time of year. Turned out to be the worst period in all of 2022.

I disagree with you 100%, people are not spending money. I also read an article on car sales. Dealers who once were experiencing shortages are now looking at inventory surplus. People walking away from special order vehicles. Also the interest rates have gone up which effects all major purchases.

As far as malls being packed? I dunno, I was at Arundle Mills and yes it's been extremely busy. But there have been some really great sales, prices slashed 50% and up. Bargains were everywhere.

https://news.yahoo.com/2021-holiday-...zWgBtR9hBBLq_L

You don't give DeSantis enough credit, he is an incredibly formidable opponent. What I will say if Trump resorts to bad behavior his campaign will be over before it gets started. You are totally over estimating Trump's support. I was a huge Trump supporter......not any more. Most of the people in my circle feel exactly the same way. Trump was the right guy at the right time......his time is over.
    Last edited by ThankyouArt!; 01-01-2023 at 11:19 AM.

Happy New Year.

Apparently fear tactics and lies did work. That’s all the left has. They bring nothing to the table as far as policy or resolutions. It’s all about look how the Republicans will take your liberties and how they’re a threat to democracy.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by steelerhater View Post
    Apparently fear tactics and lies did work. That’s all the left has. They bring nothing to the table as far as policy or resolutions. It’s all about look how the Republicans will take your liberties and how they’re a threat to democracy.
    And Josephine also promised student loan forgiveness that Pelosi and company knew was unconstitutional and had no chance of passing, but the lie worked and got the gender study majors and basement dwellers out to vote. Biden also bent the union workers over a log and dry f'd em after the election. Weeeeeeee. They may not fall for the BS in 24. Desantis is a different cat. He'll bring facts to the table, not name calling and best and worst generalizations, one of many things Trump was horrible at as a debater.

Mt. Arrogance in the middle of the .11 rolling acres of The Windbag Estates

Quote Originally Posted by steelerhater View Post
    All the while ignoring the first amendment on their part. They are looking to shove same-sex marriage down the throat of the church and are conniving with big tech to censer speech and starting "misinformation" boards. The federal government has no business deciding what is and is not mis or disinformation. NONE.