Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Re: Chargers clinch.. last time that happened

Quote Originally Posted by PGCountyRaven85 View Post
    Flacco being compared to Brady? Lmfao.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    You don't really have to be Brady to exploit the weakness of cover 3. Lamar couldn't do it but there were big plays downfield that could have been had.

This is what Lamar was looking at all game

Which didnt work against Brady because he'll just go to work up the seam and in the flat.

Quote Originally Posted by Ravenswintitle View Post
    and that was the 13th game this year that one team has scored 3 or less.

Lowest scoring year in a while
    Both teams OC’s are decidedly worse than Roman.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Westminster OG, now behind enemy lines in NE
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Culex View Post
    Why is he even still on the team then? I would go sign Joe right now and play him over Huntley.
    One

Quote Originally Posted by GOTA View Post
    Joe Douglas the Jets GM was with the Ravens until 2015. He was the scout who did all the work and recommend the Ravens draft Flacco and they have been very close ever since. Douglas is a Flacco fan but he isn't telling his head coach to play him. I'm sure he's made his feelings known to Saleh
    Two

Why would Saleh demand Joe be cut and possibly go to a team where he could perform well and show him up? The hate is real.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Corvus Corax View Post
    IF we lose out and Chargers win out (very likely for them), Chargers get the fifth seed and we could fall to seventh (behind Dolphins).
    Bolts almost a lock to win out & finish at 11-6. In which case:

If Crows also finish 11-6 but lose AFCN championship (WvPGH, L@CIN) Bolts get #5 seed via better conference record (8-4 vs 7-5) and travel to AFCS winner while Crows are #6 and face #3 away (likely CIN but could be KC or even BUF)

If Crows win out and Bungles lose out, Crows are #3 seed and AFCN winners at 12-5, Bolts still get #5 seed over CIN (11-6) due to better AFC record (8-4 vs 7-5), CIN as #6 seed travels to BAL while Bolts travel to AFCS winner.

If Crows win out and Bungles go 1-1 (W over BUF), Crows are AFC winners & #3 seed at 12-5, Puddytats are #5 seed at 12-5 and travel to AFCS winner, Bolts #6 seed at 11-6 and travel to BAL.

If Crows win next week vs PGH and Bungles lose vs BUF, they might actually have better chances for a deep run by losing @CIN in week 18. If you can only win once vs the Orange Tabbies, it needs to be in the knockout round. (Count on Harbage and Greg Moron to get cute, "tiptoe through the tulips" one more time, and lose both games for a one-and-deservedly-done. )
    ...If yinz ain't vaxxed & boosted by now, ain't nuffin' I say gonna change yer mind. Just don't drop dead on my lawn.

Слава Україні! героям слава!

Quote Originally Posted by Corvus Corax View Post
    Question: If we tie with Chargers at 11-6, who is seeded higher?
    When I do ESPN playoff machine it puts the Chargers at 5 and the Ravens at 6. It comes down to conference record where any number of combinations leaves the Ravens at 7-5 and the Chargers at 8-4 should we both finish with 11 wins.

6. Re: Chargers clinch.. last time that happened

We're not beating the Bengals. We're going to Jacksonville.
    The wife put her hand on her knee for healing and the husband on his crotch.

Wife: "Husband the pastor can only do healing miracles, not raise the dead!"

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by simplesimon View Post
    We're not beating the Bengals. We're going to Jacksonville.
    Try to keep up, even as a self-admitted Simpleton: "We" aren't going anywhere near Jax - either CIN or LAC will. If "we" don't beat the Bungles in Wk 18, "we" will end up #6 seed traveling to #3 seed - probably CIN but might be KC or even BUF depending on Wk 17 & 18 outcomes. If by some miracle "we" beat CIN in Wk 18 for the AFCN championship, "our" disconsolation prize will most likely be to play them again (in BAL) in WC1 round.

I conjecture that the Bungles will have two totally different game plans prepared for the Ravens going into Week 18. They'll stick with Plan A for the entire game. If they win, they'll continue the same in WC1 until the Crows show they can counter it, then switch to Plan B; if they lose, they'll open the WC1 game with Plan B. In either case the dimbulbs on our coaching staff will find themselves flimflammed and unable to counter, and the purple&black will crawl off to reserve tee-times for the remainder of January...
    ...If yinz ain't vaxxed & boosted by now, ain't nuffin' I say gonna change yer mind. Just don't drop dead on my lawn.

Слава Україні! героям слава!

Quote Originally Posted by lobachevsky View Post
    Try to keep up, even as a self-admitted Simpleton: "We" aren't going anywhere near Jax - either CIN or LAC will. If "we" don't beat the Bungles in Wk 18, "we" will end up #6 seed traveling to #3 seed - probably CIN but might be KC or even BUF depending on Wk 17 & 18 outcomes. If by some miracle "we" beat CIN in Wk 18 for the AFCN championship, "our" disconsolation prize will most likely be to play them again (in BAL) in WC1 round.

I conjecture that the Bungles will have two totally different game plans prepared for the Ravens going into Week 18. They'll stick with Plan A for the entire game. If they win, they'll continue the same in WC1 until the Crows show they can counter it, then switch to Plan B; if they lose, they'll open the WC1 game with Plan B. In either case the dimbulbs on our coaching staff will find themselves flimflammed and unable to counter, and the purple&black will crawl off to reserve tee-times for the remainder of January...
    You should say it’s unlikely we are going to Jacksonville.
    Ravens beat Steelers and lose to Cincy =11-6
    If Chargers lose to Rams or at Broncos, Ravens 5 seed and heading to Jax (or Tenn if Trnn beats Jax week 18). Rams are good enough they could upset Chargers—-Baker is playing for his NFL life right now and hasn’t looked half bad. Now, I think Chargers win that game but my poknt is it is no gimme.

Quote Originally Posted by Culex View Post
    It was this that happened

If we win the division it will be the Chargers coming into Baltimore again. Otherwise, it'll be in Jacksonville as it currently stands.

Either way, looks like we'll be getting the opportunity for some revenge against someone and im hoping it's the Chargers. I think Lamar would go into that game with a bit of a bone to pick.
    I just don’t foresee us having that 5th spot. I could be wrong in my thinking but the Chargers should win out and get to 11-6. They play the Rams who theoretically could beat them if they somehow play like they did against the Broncos. But probably not. And their last game is against the aforementioned Broncos who are just in complete shambles.

Gets them to 11-6 and a 8-4 conference record.

We are 10-5 and 6-4 in the conference. So one loss gets us to the same record and a worse conference record which is the second tiebreaker besides head to head.

Obviously I am more than likely overlooking something and could be wrong. But barring the Chargers losing to the Rams/Broncos, which I don’t see happening, we are going to be either the 3rd or 6th seed.

Edit: I see others have laid out the scenarios I have said above. Sorry did not read everything before typing this up.

Point still remains that it is looking unlikely that we actually end up going to Jacksonville for the first playoff game.

10. Re: Chargers clinch.. last time that happened

Quote Originally Posted by VermontRaven View Post
    You should say it’s unlikely we are going to Jacksonville.
    Ravens beat Steelers and lose to Cincy =11-6
    If Chargers lose to Rams or at Broncos, Ravens 5 seed and heading to Jax (or Tenn if Trnn beats Jax week 18). Rams are good enough they could upset Chargers—-Baker is playing for his NFL life right now and hasn’t looked half bad. Now, I think Chargers win that game but my poknt is it is no gimme.
    Exactly. I think the image below is both correct and complete, and you can see the paths you mention among the "5 seed" rows.

Shared Google Folder with Ravens spreadsheets, nextGen charts, and more! Please share my content! (attribution to Twitter requested)

Knight of the Kingdom of Perfect Play, Student of The Bill James School of Stamping Out Bullshit. Main Sources: PFR, particularly the Play Index; for cap stuff, RSR's Brian McFarland (secondary: OverTheCap, Spotrac)

Quote Originally Posted by organizedchaos21 View Post
    Exactly. I think the image below is both correct and complete, and you can see the paths you mention among the "5 seed" rows.

Thanks!

Awesome chart to show all the possibilities!

I don't think it will surprise anyone if we end up in the #6 hole and play back-to-back games at Cincy.