Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Chargers clinch.. last time that happened

It was this that happened

If we win the division it will be the Chargers coming into Baltimore again. Otherwise, it'll be in Jacksonville as it currently stands.

Either way, looks like we'll be getting the opportunity for some revenge against someone and im hoping it's the Chargers. I think Lamar would go into that game with a bit of a bone to pick.

2. Re: Chargers clinch.. last time that happened

Quote Originally Posted by Culex View Post
    It was this that happened

If we win the division it will be the Chargers coming into Baltimore again. Otherwise, it'll be in Jacksonville as it currently stands.

Either way, looks like we'll be getting the opportunity for some revenge against someone and im hoping it's the Chargers. I think Lamar would go into that game with a bit of a bone to pick.
    "Will" is too strong of a word there. Any of CIN/LAC/MIA could end up in Baltimore in the WC round if the Ravens win the AFCN.
    Shared Google Folder with Ravens spreadsheets, nextGen charts, and more! Please share my content! (attribution to Twitter requested)

Knight of the Kingdom of Perfect Play, Student of The Bill James School of Stamping Out Bullshit. Main Sources: PFR, particularly the Play Index; for cap stuff, RSR's Brian McFarland (secondary: OverTheCap, Spotrac)

Blog Entries

Re: Chargers clinch.. last time that happened

I'll do you one better. If the Jets make the playoffs and Mike White isn't healthy, Joe Flacco could start a playoff game for the Jets and all hell could break loose.
    "Please take with you this final sword, The Excellector. I am praying that your journey will be guided by the light", Leon Shore

Quote Originally Posted by The Excellector View Post
    I'll do you one better. If the Jets make the playoffs and Mike White isn't healthy, Joe Flacco could start a playoff game for the Jets and all hell could break loose.
    Joe is a heck of a QB

Sent from my Pixel 6 Pro using Tapatalk
    Way Down South in New Orleans

Before Collins went out I didn't like our chances too much against Burrow.

Way Down South in New Orleans

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by NOLARavenFAN View Post
    Joe is a heck of a QB

It's been a rollercoaster for the Jets fanbase this season. First they were just expecting Joe to hold down the fort until Wilson came back. Then, Joe led the comeback against the Browns and fans wanted him to start until otherwise, while other fans had already been willing to punt on the season, just to see what they have in Wilson. Then, Wilson came back and played well in a game or so, and could move about better than statue Joe. But that didn't last long and in came Mike White, who the fanbase, locker room, everybody fell in love with and nobody wanted to see Joe ever again. But then Mike White got hurt and they had to go back to Wilson. So they deactivated Joe and made some other guy the backup, and Wilson played SO.....BAD, that he'll now be inactive, Mike White will start and Flacco will back him up. White isn't fully healthy. Which means that the Jets may be left with no other choice, but to rely on Flacco. In the playoffs. And somehow luck into January Joe performances.
    "Please take with you this final sword, The Excellector. I am praying that your journey will be guided by the light", Leon Shore

IF we lose out and Chargers win out (very likely for them), Chargers get the fifth seed and we could fall to seventh (behind Dolphins).

Question: If we tie with Chargers at 11-6, who is seeded higher?

Quote Originally Posted by organizedchaos21 View Post
    "Will" is too strong of a word there. Any of CIN/LAC/MIA could end up in Baltimore in the WC round if the Ravens win the AFCN.
    The Dolphins look like they'll be barely hanging on by the end of it all. Tua has yet another concussion.. kids skull must be softer than an omelette by now.

Quote Originally Posted by The Excellector View Post
    It's been a rollercoaster for the Jets fanbase this season. First they were just expecting Joe to hold down the fort until Wilson came back. Then, Joe led the comeback against the Browns and fans wanted him to start until otherwise, while other fans had already been willing to punt on the season, just to see what they have in Wilson. Then, Wilson came back and played well in a game or so, and could move about better than statue Joe. But that didn't last long and in came Mike White, who the fanbase, locker room, everybody fell in love with and nobody wanted to see Joe ever again. But then Mike White got hurt and they had to go back to Wilson. So they deactivated Joe and made some other guy the backup, and Wilson played SO.....BAD, that he'll now be inactive, Mike White will start and Flacco will back him up. White isn't fully healthy. Which means that the Jets may be left with no other choice, but to rely on Flacco. In the playoffs. And somehow luck into January Joe performances.
    The Jets had Chris Streveler backing up Wilson instead of Flacco so im not sure he would get a chance even if White injures again. Joe must not be looking very good in practice if this is the case and may finally announce retirement in a couple months.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Culex View Post
    The Jets had Chris Streveler backing up Wilson instead of Flacco so im not sure he would get a chance even if White injures again. Joe must not be looking very good in practice if this is the case and may finally announce retirement in a couple months.
    Saleh and Flacco have been fighting all year. I don't know what Saleh's issue is with Flacco and I'm not even sure Joe understands it. When Wilson was pulled Saleh went right to Streveler who is behind Flacco on the depth chart. The local sports media went off on this. One host said that Joe Flacco would rather be in Guantanamo Bay than on the Jets sidelines. This was premeditated since they had 3 QBs active for the game and not the usual 2 that almost every team does. Flacco will never play a snap for Bob Saleh again

Blog Entries

and that was the 13th game this year that one team has scored 3 or less.

Lowest scoring year in a while

World Domination 3 Points at a Time!