Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Re: Completely OT: Anyone else miss Baltimore Club Music?

Listen to 80's house to early 90's club to 2000's club music, then listen the K-Swift's sound, it was different, and not better. The KSwift/Rod Lee Era, made some club bangers, but the sound got worst, a first for Club music as it evolved. It de-evolved, and as a result, aged fans of the music out. It became Tik-Tok video dance music.

All the old-school Baltimore Club music DJs don't play much of the last Era Club music except for the "chant and response" club bangers. I know, because I was in and around the whole scene up until about 2 years ago. People aren't even moved by the sound now. The mainstream took bits of the sound, and added to better production rap/in-the-club songs. So, the sound doesn't hit for the youth in the bars and clubs. Newer music is upbeat now, When Baltimore club music/techno/ghettotech used to be the only upbeat music. Philly/Jersey had claimed the club sound now, but it is off-key. They don't do it right.

Guess I am real old......my memories of "club music" was more like the early days of Hammerjacks......spent many of nights there seeing top artist of the time. Same with clubs like the Seagull......Sandbar in Pasadena, Coast to Coast out on the the West side of the county. I also go back to the disco days, there was a few big disco clubs in Baltimore.

I lived walking distance from Seagull inn, Wednesday was ladies night.....$6 bucks all you could drink for ladies. Those were the days.

Quote Originally Posted by ClericBlackDave View Post
    Whats the name of that Lil Uzi Vert song?
    "I just wanna rock"

I thought this was meant to be club music venues in Baltimore. I am probably older than most here. I used to go to the hippo, cignals, and a few other places that I can’t recall the name. Something on Charles street. Something near fells. This was mid to late 80s.

Quote Originally Posted by Vlad the lad View Post
    I thought this was meant to be club music venues in Baltimore. I am probably older than most here. I used to go to the hippo, cignals, and a few other places that I can’t recall the name. Something on Charles street. Something near fells. This was mid to late 80s.
    Mid 80's? I maybe older then you. I believe the Hippo is still there.......not sure about Cignals. Don't remember that one. Never been to the Hippo, from what I remember it's always been a gay bar. I wished I could remember the name of the big disco club that was in Baltimore? Not sure if it was on Charles street or not? Anyone remember?

Do miss the club vibe that was back in day. Club music , use to love gonna downtown to get a MC’s new mixtape.

I still youtube some when cleaning the house lmao

Hammerjack was the spot for everything and everyone lol

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    I'm pissed off for greatness!!

Twitter Bmore Finest

The paradox, Melba's, 32 second Street plaza

Sent from my SM-F926U using Tapatalk