Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Completely OT: Anyone else miss Baltimore Club Music?

Maybe I'm dating myself. Maybe I'm outing my race a little bit (as if you didn't know from the name). Maybe its that I'm out of town now. Maybe its that K-Swift died and that was a big blow to Baltimore Club music.

But I really miss Baltimore Club Music.

The amount of times I enjoyed it live in my youth at the club were barely over a handful - maybe 10-15 times twice. But the memories of that were great, PLUS on Thursdays like this, or obv Fri/Sat whether in the car on the commute, or on the way to go out somewhere . . . listening to the evening mix and seeing what new thing they could create. Either random samples someone created - "watch out for the big girl!" or sampling popular music at the time. That synthetic horn line it would drop would sound epic when it dropped in . . .

I would guess it all still exists in some new form, somewhere, but at 41 I'm not cool enough to know where to find it. And I'm not sure I'd believe its as inspired and as fun as it was back then in the late 90s early 2000s

Along these lines, also really miss Big Phat Morning Show and those Ravens themed breakfast flakes songs!

I have some of those ripped from the wild west of the internet back then. Same for the club music.

Blog Entries

Re: Completely OT: Anyone else miss Baltimore Club Music?

Lol, yeah!
    Doo doo brown
    Let me see the girl go wild and crazy
    Percolator

I don't know where the 1 reply I saw went (don't know if OP deleted, or mods deleted, or mobile app glitch-delete), but I never thought of K-swift's style becoming ubiquitous as the cause of the death of baltimore club music. Interesting perspective . . .If so, that's sad. I never thought of it like that.

I always attributed the "death" of Baltimore club music as related to the death of 92q as a unique station (once they went the more cookie cutter, national hip hop, syndicated talk shows and hosts, etc.) if felt like the venue to keep new baltimore club content hot / relevant if you WEREN'T in the club was gone.

But i enjoyed the different perspective (wherever it went). Maybe K-swift was too gimmicky?

Quote Originally Posted by edromeo View Post
    Lol, yeah!
    Doo doo brown
    Let me see the girl go wild and crazy
    Percolator

Man, its time for the percolator! bringing me back.

If you're drunk right now, put your hands up!

5. Re: Completely OT: Anyone else miss Baltimore Club Music?

Im a little older than you, so I definitely miss bmore club music. I used to go to Hammerjacks when all they played was club music. Im actually in a FB group that plays awesome house music. Granted, it's not the same as bmore club, but its a nice alternative.

Sent from my SM-G991U using Tapatalk

6. Re: Completely OT: Anyone else miss Baltimore Club Music?

Shawty you phat make me wanna hit dat lol that was my jam. That Baltimore Club music was something else, they could take literally anything and make it a banger. I remember they made one off that Uncle Fucker song from South Park and it was pretty good. I'm not black but that was just the stuff I grew up listening to on the radio and in the clubs around here and it still gets stuck in my head every now and then.

There's still some youtube channels out there that have old Baltimore club music
    You guys wanna hear a funny joke?

DEAN PEES............That is all

I miss it too. I remember getting club mix tapes back in the day You are right it’s probably because of radio and no personalities like K Swift. I miss Ms Toney. I too remember Hammerjacks and Paradox.

Yeah man I really enjoyed hammer jacks and paradox. I was in college at the time and trying to be a break dancer. That was fun at paradox the times I went but that place was also buck wild.

I feel like the club got shut down For brawls breaking out at least once a month lol

To be honest hammerjacks is off the chains too but just usually didn't get shut down.

Quote Originally Posted by 757RavensFan View Post
    Im a little older than you, so I definitely miss bmore club music. I used to go to Hammerjacks when all they played was club music. Im actually in a FB group that plays awesome house music. Granted, it's not the same as bmore club, but its a nice alternative.

Sent from my SM-G991U using Tapatalk
    You gotta dm me an invite

I miss it too! Looks like Philly and Jersey have taken the sound as their own. Lil Uzi Vert has a new song that really captures that old school vibe. It's new to the TicTok generation though.

Check out the documentary on Netflix. Dark City Beneath the Beat. It's really interesting.

Quote Originally Posted by KingPurple View Post
    I miss it too! Looks like Philly and Jersey have taken the sound as their own. Lil Uzi Vert has a new song that really captures that old school vibe. It's new to the TicTok generation though.

Check out the documentary on Netflix. Dark City Beneath the Beat. It's really interesting.
    Whats the name of that Lil Uzi Vert song?

Yes. That post was mine. I don't know if it was an Admin, phone glitch, or board issues that caused my post to be deleted. That is the third time I had a post disappear. I hope you read the whole post. I stand by my opinion about K-Swift. I am 8 years older than you, so my perspective is different, and I was a partier; a true "club head".