Page 9 of 15 FirstFirst ... 7891011 ... LastLast

Re: Welcome to The “Manospher”

Quote Originally Posted by Terpsfan82 View Post
    100% accurate. Women today aren't even 1/3 of their grandmothers yet expect 3 times the man their grandfathes were. Losing proposition.
    And we could only hope to be half of what our grandfathers were....The man I considered my grandfather was a two time Purple heart recipient, four Bronze stars. Was a battle engineer in WWII.....fought in every major theater in Europe. Was 97 when he passed. Lived on his own and still drove his self to the doctors and grocery store. Was as sharp as any of us. Just dropped dead one day. Times up...

Was nothing more then 5' 2" but was the tallest man I knew. He was honored at Ravens stadium a couple years before he passed as a "Home Town Hero". One of the proudest days of his life. Harbaugh took a few minutes to speak to him......from that day on in his eyes Harbaugh was the best thing since George Patton. He wore his "dress" uniform jacket at the ceremony before the game. Many many people came up to him during the game and thanked him for his service. I cry every time thinking about it.....I don't remember who the ravens played......don't remember the score. But I will remember the smile on that old mans face for the rest of my life.
    Last edited by ThankyouArt!; 03-18-2023 at 02:52 PM.

Mt. Arrogance in the middle of the .11 rolling acres of The Windbag Estates

Quote Originally Posted by wickedsolo View Post
    I couldn’t imagine trying to date these days. I honestly don’t think I could.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    My son is 21. He is dating a nice young lady of the same age. He just finished his AA, is Cisco certified and looking for his first REAL job. In the meantime he is working at a local establishments (has been for 5 years) and we are in no rush to send him out of the house. He cuts the grass without asking and otherwise takes care of himself (laundry and whatnot, does his own shopping for toiletries, etc - he will be fine when he does move out).

She is in her sophomore year up near Buffalo, so they don't see each other for weeks at a time but of course with phones these days that isn't as big of a deal. She is a smart and sincere girl and they are quite happy with each other, apparently. From reading this thread and other things it seems she is a rare find.

We would be blessed to call her daughter0-in-law should that happen.

Mt. Arrogance in the middle of the .11 rolling acres of The Windbag Estates

How can there be twice as many single young men as young women unless (1) there are far more men, which there aren't, (2) women are dating older men, which is probably true, since they tend to go for men with resources who tend to be older, or (3) they are dating the same guys.
    I assumed there might be a difference in what each defines as a relationship. But I was struck with the same thought that this is odd.

More specifically, feminism. Feminism has destroyed the Black community. I can't speak for other communities, but it has destroyed ours.
    This is so hard for me, because I can’t deny the opportunities that have been afforded our women. It’s no doubt been crucial in raising the intellectual capital we collectively have through education and such, but the main issue that I see is that white women’s struggles are not ours. From what what I can see, whites women feminism allows them to accrue more and more of their white partners wealth.

Whereas black feminism is focused more on ancillary topics that have nothing to do with actually attaining wealth

Neither can I. I was worried about my youngest daughter for a bit when she was in her teens. She embraced that ideology and all of a sudden I was a dumbass who didn't know anything. Patriarchy was the devil and men were Satan's minions. Thankfully she matured in her early 20's and came to her senses.
    My sister in law is at Princeton and currently in the same phase unfortunately.

I'm 37 and have been single for a good minute, I can't imagine changing my life style at this point, never been happier. Being alone is the peace I've needed for a long time.

Sent from my Pixel 7 Pro using Tapatalk
    “I'm the best there is, the best there was, and the best there ever will be.” - Bret Hart

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by usmccharles View Post
    I'm 37 and have been single for a good minute, I can't imagine changing my life style at this point, never been happier. Being alone is the peace I've needed for a long time.

I noticed as I get older I crave solitude, although I'm married to a wonderful woman. Men are solitary creatures. Women are social, which is why they need constant validation.
    "We're not changing anything." -John Harbaugh

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Greg View Post
    My son is 21. He is dating a nice young lady of the same age. He just finished his AA, is Cisco certified and looking for his first REAL job. In the meantime he is working at a local establishments (has been for 5 years) and we are in no rush to send him out of the house. He cuts the grass without asking and otherwise takes care of himself (laundry and whatnot, does his own shopping for toiletries, etc - he will be fine when he does move out).

She is in her sophomore year up near Buffalo, so they don't see each other for weeks at a time but of course with phones these days that isn't as big of a deal. She is a smart and sincere girl and they are quite happy with each other, apparently. From reading this thread and other things it seems she is a rare find.

We would be blessed to call her daughter0-in-law should that happen.
    Your son is fortunate - she IS a rare find, from what my son and nephews tell me. Your son is also seems to be, so they deserve each other. Great job to you and the missus.
    "We're not changing anything." -John Harbaugh

I noticed as I get older I crave solitude, although I'm married to a wonderful woman. Men are solitary creatures. Women are social, which is why they need constant validation.
    And as I continue down this path, I am just going to be more set in my ways. And I'll be honest, I just don't want to do shit that I don't want to do. I don't want to go to some family event that I'm going to be wanting Stan my eyes with a spoon, so I won't.

“I'm the best there is, the best there was, and the best there ever will be.” - Bret Hart

Blog Entries

I’m in the same boat.

I am converting my garage into my workshop…which is really just a place that I can go that’s just mine with my stuff.

Disclaimer: The content posted is of my own opinion.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by usmccharles View Post
    And as I continue down this path, I am just going to be more set in my ways. And I'll be honest, I just don't want to do shit that I don't want to do. I don't want to go to some family event that I'm going to be wanting Stan my eyes with a spoon, so I won't.

Well, you say that until the right lady comes along.

Everything is give and take.

Disclaimer: The content posted is of my own opinion.

Quote Originally Posted by wickedsolo View Post
    Well, you say that until the right lady comes along.

Everything is give and take.

True. If she makes me want to go to stuff like that then she must be a game changer