Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast

Re: Sarah Ellison annihilates Ravens organization on wide receiver/passing game failures in recent years

Quote Originally Posted by NOLARavenFAN View Post
    Started with Ozzie....even before Baltimore. Lol

Sent from my Pixel 6 Pro using Tapatalk
    I don't know that, I became a Ravens fan because of the game vs. Titans, Ray Lewis vs. Eddie George.
    Run and defense, I'm fine with that

Re: Sarah Ellison annihilates Ravens organization on wide receiver/passing game failures in recent years

Quote Originally Posted by ArgentinaRaven View Post
    again with the post about WR.
    The day the Ravens were born, it was written in the founding letter: We will not pay Wr and we will play Run and Defense mainly.
    Now accept it, there are already a thousand posts talking about the wr
    And ‘We will never master the screen pass” plus “Effective clock management will always elude this franchise”

again with the post about WR.
    The day the Ravens were born, it was written in the founding letter: We will not pay Wr and we will play Run and Defense mainly.
    Now accept it, there are already a thousand posts talking about the wr
    The day they fix the shit is the day we stop talking about it.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by Raveninwoodlawn View Post
    LOL ok man. I'm bored with this. We'll just agree to disagree here.
    All he does is troll for arguments...... best week I ever spent was getting banned for speaking my mind about him.

Sent from my Pixel 6 Pro using Tapatalk
    Way Down South in New Orleans

Quote Originally Posted by burnwood View Post
    What I don't understand from these WR soapboxes is, where will these #1/stud guys come from? Free agency? Nope. A mega trade? Nope again. Usually the player is honored with a say as to where he wants to go. And it's almost never Baltimore. They want to pair up with a QB who they think will get them the ball.
    I think there's a middle ground.

There is more of a gradient between having a huge game overtaking stud like DaVante Adams or Tyreek Hill and having the literal worst WR room in the NFL.

Those studs are hard to find, and more often than not they're gonna have to be drafted. I'm ok with the Ravens not rolling out a player like that. I understand that in a salary cap league every team will have weaknesses, and I think it's ok if you want to pick wide receiver as that area of weakness if you want to. But what's not ok is your best Wide Receiver being DeMarcus Robinson. I don't need a group of bona fide studs, but I'd like some capable players.

We had the foundation there of a competent room with Hollywood and then he got traded away and they didn't even try to replace him

Quote Originally Posted by Shrubbs View Post
    I think there's a middle ground.

There is more of a gradient between having a huge game overtaking stud like DaVante Adams or Tyreek Hill and having the literal worst WR room in the NFL.

Those studs are hard to find, and more often than not they're gonna have to be drafted. I'm ok with the Ravens not rolling out a player like that. I understand that in a salary cap league every team will have weaknesses, and I think it's ok if you want to pick wide receiver as that area of weakness if you want to. But what's not ok is your best Wide Receiver being DeMarcus Robinson. I don't need a group of bona fide studs, but I'd like some capable players.

We had the foundation there of a competent room with Hollywood and then he got traded away and they didn't even try to replace him
    Maybe a guy like Michael Pittman Jr becomes available if Indy is looking to reset a bit and wants more draft capital?

Hard to think of many other young trade candidates.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by jonboy79 View Post
    Maybe a guy like Michael Pittman Jr becomes available if Indy is looking to reset a bit and wants more draft capital?

Hard to think of many other young trade candidates.

I actually mostly agree with this line of thinking, mostly because we already have one very good pass catcher in Mark Andrew’s, even if he has regressed a fair bit this year. Dumping 25-30m long term into a WR is tough, it works if he’s consistently Hill/Adams productive but if he falls off you’ve left yourself little room. Mostly I would like to see the team have two dependable targets like Andrew’s and whoever, and then a first round draft pick on a rookie deal. Then you fill out the roster from there with your 3rd round or later picks and odd veteran WR like Robinson. I mean hitting on two mega WRs back to back when you already have Tyler Boyd on your roster would be cool as well but you can’t ignore the rest of the roster either.

Quote Originally Posted by Ravenboy2003 View Post
    Didn't Sarah get fired by the Ravens?
    ....Perhaps she's salty from being let go and it's finally starting to show.
    Quote Originally Posted by Mmcclend View Post
    Sarah is a real one, I love her and Bobby’s podcast. Couldn’t care less if she got fired from the Ravens or not. I personally thought she got pregnant with twins and stepped away for a year or two.
    Quote Originally Posted by ravensfan7716 View Post
    Saying she has no credibility because she was let go is like another poster on here trying to say Ed Reed had no credibility in his statement of the Ravens being cheap because is no longer a current player. Just makes no sense.

Eveyrthing she said is true. They have not given him the type of playmakers most teams have done for their QBS
    She wasn't fired by the Ravens.

I don't know that, I became a Ravens fan because of the game vs. Titans, Ray Lewis vs. Eddie George.
    Run and defense, I'm fine with that
    That was an epic game. One of my favorite Ravens memories is Ray Lewis ripping the ball away from Eddie George to kill the Titans hopes. It's awesome that it inspired you to become a Ravens fan all the way in Argentina.

Good luck against Netherlands today.

Yes, I listened to the whole thing. I gained nothing new from it.

As for her "finally" saying something negative....Perhaps she's salty from being let go and it's finally starting to show.

My point was that the general consensus is already out there and the Ravens 25 year history of not being able to draft a quality receiver is nothing new. Ozzie couldn't pull it off, and neither can DeCosta. Everyone already knows this.

You're making a big deal about a low-ratings podcast hosted by two FORMER employees of Baltimore sports media. They aren't insiders. I have no dog in the fight. Just don't understand what is so important about their (very common) opinions.
    You're speaking the truth.

Quote Originally Posted by ClericBlackDave View Post
    You're speaking the truth.
    I guess my tone was harsh from the start. I have zero dog in this fight, but Sarah Ellison is a random podcaster who is just parroting what every Ravens fan has known for decades. Not sure why the OP even needed to post.

I guess my tone was harsh from the start. I have zero dog in this fight, but Sarah Ellison is a random podcaster who is just parroting what every Ravens fan has known for decades. Not sure why the OP even needed to post.
    Because half this board is so completely obsessed with the WR position that they seek nothing in life more than confirmation bias.

Quote Originally Posted by JonAB View Post
    I actually mostly agree with this line of thinking, mostly because we already have one very good pass catcher in Mark Andrew’s, even if he has regressed a fair bit this year. Dumping 25-30m long term into a WR is tough, it works if he’s consistently Hill/Adams productive but if he falls off you’ve left yourself little room. Mostly I would like to see the team have two dependable targets like Andrew’s and whoever, and then a first round draft pick on a rookie deal. Then you fill out the roster from there with your 3rd round or later picks and odd veteran WR like Robinson. I mean hitting on two mega WRs back to back when you already have Tyler Boyd on your roster would be cool as well but you can’t ignore the rest of the roster either.
    So here is a thought to ponder:
    Totally different direction.

Let’s say we get Lamar done early and do not sign Roquan.

We could likely get a future first attached to Michal Thomas in exchange for a mid round pick.

He’s over $16m and hasn’t played in a few years, but is solidly in the negative asset category and one of the few ways that the Saints have to field a teams is to bribe some team to trade for him.

So let’s say:
    Ravens send 2023 3rd
    Saints send a Michael Thomas and a 2024 1st.
    Do you take a shot at him returning to form, in which case we would hold a second year option around $18m.