Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst ... 4567 LastLast
    Blog Entries

Re: Sarah Ellison annihilates Ravens organization on wide receiver/passing game failures in recent years

Quote Originally Posted by PGCountyRaven85 View Post
    It hits different to hear what you’ve been saying for years, now coming from a Ravens quasi insider/influencer. She was very polite, but frank. She basically said why are they taking this approach? It hasn’t worked as far as advancing in the postseason and if it doesn’t work this year, it’s time to make changes.

https://youtu.be/0LQpyKcTDtg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    There are two simple reasons, above the rest, as to why they've failed at the position through the draft:

1.) They don't draft a WR with the idea of that guy being the catalyst to them becoming one of the most dangerous passing offenses in the league. They 'tend' to draft WRs high, with the idea of them just drawing safety shade deep to open up the box and allow them to run better. They spend high picks at WR more with an idea of bettering the run than the pass. Smith, Perriman, Brown. None of them were ever guys you'd look at as a true #1 WR potential prospect. They're all vertical threats with crazy speed and/or acceleration, but with serious limitations otherwise.

2.) You're not going to develop true #1 WRs in this offense. The offense isn't structured to accomplish that.

There are two simple reasons, above the rest, as to why they've failed at the position in trades and FA:

1.) They are cheap when it comes to WR. So, even if they could manage to convince a DeAndre Hopkins to play in this offense, they wouldn't pay him enough for it anyway
    2.) WRs know that this is the least WR-friendly scheme in the league.
    "Please take with you this final sword, The Excellector. I am praying that your journey will be guided by the light", Leon Shore

Re: Sarah Ellison annihilates Ravens organization on wide receiver/passing game failures in recent years

Quote Originally Posted by Shrubbs View Post
    PSA

Stop quoting 7716
    I am way more knowledgeable than you

I have proved you wrong a number of times

Quote Originally Posted by NOLARavenFAN View Post
    All he does is troll for arguments...... best week I ever spent was getting banned for speaking my mind about him.

Sent from my Pixel 6 Pro using Tapatalk
    You got suspended for your cursing tirades and nothing more.

Cursing out and name calling strangers on a message board because your feelings got involved on a topic is pretty childish

Quote Originally Posted by TTRaven View Post
    She's not saying the same thing. Her exact words were "they have been cheap with cap money at the WR position over the last decade". Her comment pertains to 1 singular position not the entire team.

I'm pretty sure 99% of Ravens fans agree with what she said. It's inexcusable the way this organization has neglected the WR position. Especially this season. No disrespect to the guys we have, but they're not skilled enough to make this team and legitimate contender. Shame on Harbaugh and EDC for thinking otherwise.
    They have been CHEAP WITH CAP MONEY on a number of positions (Offensively).

When was the last free agent or extension money they threw at Center? Did they extend Ryan Jensen after he played well? No they let him walk.

They are not known to be big free agent spenders hardly ever.

Sarah Ellison annihilates Ravens organization on wide receiver/passing game failures in recent years

Quote Originally Posted by QuothDaRaven View Post
    I’m not sure how we could get a 1st AND Michael Thomas for a 3rd, but I would do that trade without Michael Thomas, lol. Just gimme the 1st next year for this year’s third.

Not too keen on MT. I think Thomas is done, he keeps getting all these recurring lingering injuries and right now he’s on IR with a toe thing and feet injuries in older WRs are often a death knell. He’s missed more than half of 2020, all of 2021, and now more than half of 2022.

From the potential free agent WRs in 2023 I would be more interested in Mack Hollins as a potential playmaker, or an older vet like Marvin Jones. Maybe a DJ Chark or Parris Campbell, or just see who shakes loose after the draft (and draft people too).

Marvin Jones is old as fuck, he ain’t even starting for the Jaguars, this ghetto poverty mindset towards the WR amongst the Ravens Flock and Ravens front office must stop!!! Cut that fucking shit out!!! My god!!! Let’s get a guy who still has tread left on the tires for once so they’re not back in this same position in 2 years, complaining about having an absolute clusterfuck/garbage dump at WR. This is not working.

Quote Originally Posted by PGCountyRaven85 View Post
    Marvin Jones is old as fuck, he ain’t even starting for the Jaguars, this ghetto poverty towards the WR amongst the Ravens Flock and Ravens front office must stop!!! Cut that fucking shit out!!! My god!!!

There is no WR I have seen hitting the market next season worth a damn at even signing.

Sadly this problem is still going to have be fixed via the draft

Quote Originally Posted by ravensfan7716 View Post
    I am way more knowledgeable than you

I have proved you wrong a number of times
    This right here is why no one likes you on these boards. You talk things as they are fact and you are a know it all. Just admit you came here in 2019 when Lamar did and you are just a super fan.

They have been CHEAP WITH CAP MONEY on a number of positions (Offensively).

When was the last free agent or extension money they threw at Center? Did they extend Ryan Jensen after he played well? No they let him walk.

They are not known to be big free agent spenders hardly ever.
    Your entire argument in this thread and the other thread has been that the Ravens as a whole are cheap. You’ve been proven wrong multiple times and keep moving the goalposts.

Stop. Quoting. 7716.

We have the power to all pretend he isn't on the board. Just block him.

Blog Entries

Saying she has no credibility because she was let go is like another poster on here trying to say Ed Reed had no credibility in his statement of the Ravens being cheap because is no longer a current player. Just makes no sense.

Eveyrthing she said is true. They have not given him the type of playmakers most teams have done for their QBS
    Was she even fired from the Ravens? I don't remember that. I remember her moving to Ohio so that her husband could take a job. Which forced her to resign. Why would she be fired? The Ravens are annoyingly loyal to their staff.

Quote Originally Posted by camdenyard View Post
    Water is wet. Nothing new here Gilligan, move on.

Sent from my SM-N975U using Tapatalk
    actually water isn't wet. Move on....

Quote Originally Posted by Shrubbs View Post
    Stop. Quoting. 7716.

We have the power to all pretend he isn't on the board. Just block him.
    Please and thank you!