Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Who was the Better Quarterback Yesterday?

So who was the better quarterback yesterday, Huntley or Wilson?
    "Nothing stops these Baltimore Ravens. Beat them, injure them, shove them to the bottom of the standings, drag them into a hostile environment and mount a big lead, and they just keep trudging forward like nothing fazes them." (Bleacher Report)

Re: Who was the Better Quarterback Yesterday?

Huntley scored a TD. Wilson completed a couple throws downfield but he also had guys running open downfield on those plays/plays called that allowed for downfield routes to develop which Huntley didn’t get even once all game.

The question should be "who was the better quarterback (not runner) Lamar or Huntley?"

And I am tired of the who has the stronger arm question. The answer of course is Lamar - BUT what difference does that make if he throws it 10 feet over the head of a downfield receiver, or he waits and waits, and waits and doesn't throw it at all - except to Andrews!

Blog Entries

I thought Wilson had about 4 nice throws, something he hasn't done this year.

Huntley was a baller but it was ugly. He did will them to a score and that's the whole point so he has to get credit for that.

I'm just bewildered that they can not get some substance of a run game going.

Neither is going to win OPoY

World Domination 3 Points at a Time!

Quote Originally Posted by Cleo&Dilly View Post
    The question should be "who was the better quarterback (not runner) Lamar or Huntley?"

And I am tired of the who has the stronger arm question. The answer of course is Lamar - BUT what difference does that make if he throws it 10 feet over the head of a downfield receiver, or he waits and waits, and waits and doesn't throw it at all - except to Andrews!
    I know you must be taking it hard that your Broncos lost yesterday

Blog Entries

Courtland Sutton had the same number of targets as Mike Boone and Marlon Mack. That's all you need to know about how Russell Wilson played.

It's tough to see this with him. As hokey as Russ is he's a really good guy. He won the Walter Payton Man of the Year award in 2020. That puts him among the elite 'really good guys' in the NFL. This reminds me of another Walton Payton winner named Eli Manning at the end of his career. When it's a dick like Aaron Rodgers struggling it's a lot easier to deal with. For the really good in the NFL like Russell Wilson it's tough not to feel bad for them.

Huntley because he was able to score when it mattered. Wilson has gotten really bad really fast. Doesn't even look like the same quarterback from a year ago. He made a few decent long throws but as pointed out above on at least two of those the receiver was essentially left uncovered. Huntley wasn't perfect and that one interception was inexcusable. But in general Huntley was able to complete the passes he was asked to throw and his running was excellent.

Quote Originally Posted by sailorsam View Post
    So who was the better quarterback yesterday, Huntley or Wilson?
    Huntley.

Throw away the stats Huntley was running for his life all game. Wilson had opportunities.

One QB navigated his team 91 yards to a TD with the clock ticking down and one QB didn't.

The best QB on the day won!

thanks to all for the input
    Broncos sure overpaid
    and Huntley was an UDFA.
    "Nothing stops these Baltimore Ravens. Beat them, injure them, shove them to the bottom of the standings, drag them into a hostile environment and mount a big lead, and they just keep trudging forward like nothing fazes them." (Bleacher Report)

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Cleo&Dilly View Post

I like LJ, I think he is supremely talented. But he is again in one of those ruts, in which he often falls in, where he waits for receivers to be open, instead of throwing them open. In the NFL, you will not get wide-open receivers too often. It seems that when he is in those ruts, he only trusts Andrews to come down with a contested pass.

Quote Originally Posted by Uli2001 View Post
    I like LJ, I think he is supremely talented. But he is again in one of those ruts, in which he often falls in, where he waits for receivers to be open, instead of throwing them open. In the NFL, you will not get wide-open receivers too often. It seems that when he is in those ruts, he only trusts Andrews to come down with a contested pass.
    Then how did we score 27 vs the jags?