Page 13 of 13 FirstFirst ... 111213

Re: GRo has a chance to earn some respect back.

If you look at Lamar's YPC and Yards per play if0 you scale that lineally with more snaps up he's basically the GOAT quarterback, thats how football works. Right stalkminkraven?

Also in 6 of our 12 games the Leading rusher has been a QB.

Last year was 10/17 games our leading rusher was QB
    Last edited by ShadeRaven; 12-08-2022 at 03:11 PM.
    Draft Cam Ward, Devon Witherspoon, Darnell Washington

https://twitter.com/minakimes/status...fMIyoUaXDBA24w

Quote Originally Posted by StalkRavenMad View Post
    With the report by Shefty that Lamar has a sprained PCL the time is now for Roman to rely on the run game to get us through the next 3 games. Let's play to the defense and the run game.
    Of course...yes! We'll just run the ball...brilliant!

Never mind that our run game even against mediocre teams has been well...mediocre. And that was WITH Lamar, who makes the whole thing go...when it does go.

What Roman SHOULD do is use the quick short pass game - something Snoop is good at - to loosen up the 8-9 man fronts that I guarantee PIT will show early and often. Mix intermediate routes and a couple long balls. PIT is much weaker against the pass. Check to runs when it makes sense.

Allow Snoop to do what he does best.

Sent from my SM-N975U using Tapatalk

WORLD CHAMPIONS 2000 * 2012

Quote Originally Posted by camdenyard View Post

Never mind that our run game even against mediocre teams has been well...mediocre. And that was WITH Lamar, who makes the whole thing go...when it does go.

What Roman SHOULD do is use the quick short pass game - something Snoop is good at - to loosen up the 8-9 man fronts that I guarantee PIT will show early and often. Mix intermediate routes and a couple long balls. PIT is much weaker against the pass. Check to runs when it makes sense.

Have to agree. But of course, is Roman capable of game planning this?

4. Re: GRo has a chance to earn some respect back.

Quote Originally Posted by camdenyard View Post

Any smart DC is going to sit on the short routes. If GRo can get the run game going then that will force them to commit to stopping the run. If Gus, JK, and Stanley can play these next couple of weeks I think we can get the run game going which would allow Snoop to hit those short routes. We have to be able to rush for 150 at a minimum for the short game to be effective. If I'm a DC I'm playing everyone within 12 yards of the LOS until Snoop proves he can throw beyond that.