Page 1 of 31 123 ... LastLast

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Blog Entries

If I'm Lamar....

I'm slow rolling this injury. I'm not rushing back at all. The Ravens may still make the playoffs and if they do, I'll see where I'm at and how I feel. But I'm not rushing back there to go against TJ Watt (twice), Myles Garrett, Jadeveon Clowney, Trey Hendrickson, and Sam Hubbard.

No thank you.
    Disclaimer: The content posted is of my own opinion.

Re: If I'm Lamar....

Yep. You can tell by his face when in the locker room he was thinking about his future. What's the point of coming back less than 100% just to be asked to be the team's leading rusher again? He already knows he's going to request a trade this off-season. It's just a matter of if he wants to come back to help the team in the post season.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Touchdown4Life View Post
    Yep. You can tell by his face when in the locker room he was thinking about his future. What's the point of coming back less than 100% just to be asked to be the team's leading rusher again? He already knows he's going to request a trade this off-season. It's just a matter of if he wants to come back to help the team in the post season.
    I surely hope the Ravens can figure this situation out. I think step one is moving on from G-Ro and assembling a new offensive staff.

But it would not surprise me at all if the Ravens tagged Lamar and ended up trading him.
    Disclaimer: The content posted is of my own opinion.

Blog Entries

LMAO I was thinking the same thing. There's no way in hell I'm going to put myself at risk for permanent injury for this. Hell no.
    "We're not changing anything." -John Harbaugh

Quote Originally Posted by wickedsolo View Post
    I'm slow rolling this injury. I'm not rushing back at all. The Ravens may still make the playoffs and if they do, I'll see where I'm at and how I feel. But I'm not rushing back there to go against TJ Watt (twice), Myles Garrett, Jadeveon Clowney, Trey Hendrickson, and Sam Hubbard.

No thank you.
    Agreed...especially considering the contract limbo...
    Although Walsh's system of offense can compensate for lack of talent; however, defense is a different story. According to Walsh, talent on defense was essential and could not be compensated for. What did Walsh do in 1981? He acquired physical and talented players on defense.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Raveninwoodlawn View Post
    Agreed...especially considering the contract limbo...
    This makes no sense. Him being out for the remaining of the season, again, will hurt his value much more than playing.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Uli2001 View Post
    This makes no sense. Him being out for the remaining of the season, again, will hurt his value much more than playing.
    It won't hurt his value enough for him to not be able to go get 160 million guaranteed on the open market. Certainly, he'll still get more than 133 million guaranteed.
    "Please take with you this final sword, The Excellector. I am praying that your journey will be guided by the light", Leon Shore

Quote Originally Posted by The Excellector View Post
    It won't hurt his value enough for him to not be able to go get 160 million guaranteed on the open market. Certainly, he'll still get more than 133 million guaranteed.
    Just for the record, since you don’t seem to care, the $133 was the second most ever.

Russ’s $160m and Kyler’s $189 were not fully guaranteed, only for injury. Their fully guaranteed were less than $133m.

Not that I think you care about accuracy, but others reading along might.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

9. Re: If I'm Lamar....

Honestly, i dont think he's built like that. A competitor wants to be on the field at all times. Even when they're not 100%.

Sent from my SM-G991U using Tapatalk
    Last edited by 757RavensFan; 12-05-2022 at 07:13 PM.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by 757RavensFan View Post
    Honestly, i dont think he's built like that. A competitor wants to be on the filed at all times. Even when they're not 100%.

Sent from my SM-G991U using Tapatalk
    He's not built like that, and the Ravens will continue to take advantage of that. The only reported offer we have was for 133 million guaranteed. They must be out of their minds. They've asked him to be their leading rusher, which he has in every season since his first full season as the starter in 2019. And unless Drake averages 80 yards per game the rest of the way, he'll do it again this year.

On top of that, he has not played a single season with a WR corps that wasn't one of the ten worst in the league. And several years where the group has undoubtedly been one of the five worst. This year, thee worst.

They've also put him in the worst passing scheme in the league, and send him to the line with little to time to even survey the defense.

All while on a rookie deal.

So that 'We wouldn't be able to build around you' BS excuse wouldn't work for me, because they've failed to build around him on his rookie deal anyway.

Even if you don't want to give me the Watson deal, you had better give me at least 200 million fully guaranteed. I'm better than Watson, I'm better than Wilson and I have far less around me, in passing scheme/coaching and talent, than both of them. If not, let me hit Free Agency if you don't agree. Tag me if you want to. See what happens when you do.
    "Please take with you this final sword, The Excellector. I am praying that your journey will be guided by the light", Leon Shore

Quote Originally Posted by The Excellector View Post
    He's not built like that, and the Ravens will continue to take advantage of that. The only reported offer we have was for 133 million guaranteed. They must be out of their minds. They've asked him to be their leading rusher, which he has in every season since his first full season as the starter in 2019. And unless Drake averages 80 yards per game the rest of the way, he'll do it again this year.

On top of that, he has not played a single season with a WR corps that wasn't one of the ten worst in the league. And several years where the group has undoubtedly been one of the five worst. This year, thee worst.

They've also put him in the worst passing scheme in the league, and send him to the line with little to time to even survey the defense.

All while on a rookie deal.

So that 'We wouldn't be able to build around you' BS excuse wouldn't work for me, because they've failed to build around him on his rookie deal anyway.

Even if you don't want to give me the Watson deal, you had better give me at least 200 million fully guaranteed. I'm better than Watson, I'm better than Wilson and I have far less around me, in passing scheme/coaching and talent, than both of them. If not, let me hit Free Agency if you don't agree. Tag me if you want to. See what happens when you do.
    On the Watson angle I’ll agree with ya …But #8 is not better than Wilson. Wilson has 2 trips to the Super Bowl and one Super Bowl ring. Yes he sucks ass now , this year, and may have fallen off a cliff ..but career to career Wilson is still the better Qb.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Blog Entries

weak scared mentality. I don't think he has one

World Domination 3 Points at a Time!