Page 9 of 35 FirstFirst ... 7891011 ... LastLast

Re: If I'm Lamar....

Quote Originally Posted by stevez51 View Post
    It doesn't matter if he wants $250 million guaranteed.
    He can want in one hand and crap in the other and see which one fills up faster.

He may end up with $38m fully guaranteed, I .e. The Tag.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by jonboy79 View Post
    He can want in one hand and crap in the other and see which one fills up faster.

He may end up with $38m fully guaranteed, I .e. The Tag.

Somebody's going to give it to him. Watch.
    "We're not changing anything." -John Harbaugh

Quote Originally Posted by Terpsfan82 View Post
    Atlanta? They have weapons, a dome, and it’s close to Florida.

The QB franchise tag is such a fluid number as well. We have no clue where it ends up.

Could be anywhere from almost $46 million to somewhere in the mid $30’s. Can’t sit here and think it will be on the low end and then get burned when it is not.

It is sitting at $45.8 million right now. It can go south if teams restructure their QB’s by the end of April. I would not be surprised if a team like the Browns waits and restructures Watson after this date just to inflate that number for the Ravens just a little bit.

Quote Originally Posted by PGCountyRaven85 View Post
    Is that you DeCosta? This is the biggest load of shit post that I’ve read on this thread and that’s saying a lot. The Ravens will be offered two first round picks minimum for Lamar. Teams around the league see how shitty the Ravens offensive scheme is and how bereft they are of talent at the wide receiver position and are likely salivating at the thought of pairing Lamar with weapons - Tampa Bay, Atlanta, Carolina Houston, Detroit, Seattle, the NY Jets among others probably already have draft offers prepared to submit for Lamar in the event that there are any signs that a deal with the Ravens fails to materialize. You may not have much respect for Lamar and his game, but general managers, coaches and players can see how difficult of a situation the Ravens put him in every week with what they give him to work with.

Is that you Lamar's Mom?

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by The Excellector View Post
    If he hasn't justified that contract by now, then there's nothing he's going to do in these last five games that will suddenly justify it. I mean what more does he have to do?
    Prove he can stay on the field? Prove he can beat Mahomes and Allen. Lamar is not in the top 20 in passer rating, pass yards. He is however 12th in TDs and14th in rushing.

Don't get me wrong. Lamar deserves a contract. I'm not saying he doesn't. But at what cost? I'd give him a contract equal to Allen and Mahomes for sure and make him our franchise QB. But would you give him a Deshaun Watson contract? Kyler Murray got 230 MIL deal but only 160 MIL is guaranteed. That's more like it.

The reality is we don't know what's going on. We are speculating Lamar is asking for a contract equal to or better than Watson. If that is the case then he needs to get back in the field and look more like the 2019 Lamar, not the 2022 version.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by wickedsolo View Post
    What are 5 games going to tell the Ravens they don't already know about Lamar?
    If he can stay healthy and at what cost are they willing to give up? Deshaun Watson guaranteed money or Josh Allen guaranteed money?

Quote Originally Posted by Terpsfan82 View Post
    The Ravens have to let them:

And so they also have to pony up a king’s random in draft capital.

Maybe… not likely, but maybe…

Watson’s deal is an outlier and that will be doubled down on this offseason when none of Hurts, Herbert or Burrow sign fully-guaranteed contracts, and all are likely to be extended.

Quote Originally Posted by Ravens4Real View Post
    The QB franchise tag is such a fluid number as well. We have no clue where it ends up.

Could be anywhere from almost $46 million to somewhere in the mid $30’s. Can’t sit here and think it will be on the low end and then get burned when it is not.

It is sitting at $45.8 million right now. It can go south if teams restructure their QB’s by the end of April. I would not be surprised if a team like the Browns waits and restructures Watson after this date just to inflate that number for the Ravens just a little bit.
    4 of the top 5 cap numbers are to teams that have essentially no choice but to restructure their deals, it will drop, quite a bit.

It can’t go up from there, at least not in any reasonable manner.

Quote Originally Posted by Orioles1 View Post
    Brady rarely had great receivers in NE. The Lamar thing is a cult. What's the real deal?
    And Brady did not have a Roman with NE.

Wow alot of opinions huh. Many not even dealing with the topic, "If I was Lamar".
    Well if I was Lamar, I would sit out until I was healthy. IMO I don't think he will be healthy any time soon.
    While I(Lamar) was out, I would seriously start looking for an agent and stop worrying about things I could not control.
    Agreed, Lamar is a competitor and will probably try to come back ASAP(2-3 weeks). Just hope he doesn't complicate the situation.
    As far as the future and the FO. The FO is not going to risk a long term contract. They will get a new staff(OC or HC) and tag Lamar.
    The FO will see what happens next season with the changes then re-visit the Lamar contract situation.
    I agree that the FO and owner will not want to go out on a limb with a fully guaranteed contract, that's why they will wait as long as possible to make that decision.
    My personal opinion is that both parties will accept a sign and trade deal in the future, maybe next year or in 2 years.
    WHY? We know who the RAVENS(coaches, FO, owner) are and some things will never change. Lamar wants to be a winner.

Quote Originally Posted by Mmcclend View Post
    Atlanta? They have weapons, a dome, and it’s close to Florida.
    Atlanta has weapons? Their QB should be ballin out of control then. What do they need Lamar for?