Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Ravens Using Huntley and Jackson As Cannon Fodder

Just sitting back and putting their quarterback in a war zone with just some backup receivers as their primaries. It's a no win situation. Eagles built around Jalen Hurts and look how he is prospering. Just looking over the years with Snead, Bryant, Watkins, and now Desean Jackson near retirement age. It's intentional.
    The wife put her hand on her knee for healing and the husband on his crotch.

Wife: "Husband the pastor can only do healing miracles, not raise the dead!"

Re: Ravens Using Huntley and Jackson As Cannon Fodder

I honestly sympathize with Lamar because they're the ones who put him in this box[No weapons, too much Mileage, no volume passing stats] and then continue to punish him for it.
    Mike MacDonald should be our head coach next season

If Youre gonna say I said something, Quote me cause yall be lying.

No it's not intentional. I have issues with EDC's roster construction on offense but no way the lack of weapons was somehow part of some master plan to sabotage our qbs

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by ravensfan55 View Post
    No it's not intentional. I have issues with EDC's roster construction on offense but no way the lack of weapons was somehow part of some master plan to sabotage our qbs
    Sabatage might be too strong of a term. Dereliction of duty is how I would define it.
    "We're not changing anything." -John Harbaugh

Blog Entries

EDC owns a lot of this...but so does John Harbaugh. EDC doesn't make picks and trades in a vacuum; he gets input from Harbaugh.

It's not like EDC puts together a roster and tells Harbaugh to deal with it...they don't operate that way. They're a team, and Harbaugh is providing EDC with his opinions about the team makeup, where they're weak, where they should try and get better, how players are growing, etc.
    Disclaimer: The content posted is of my own opinion.

Blog Entries

EDC is intentionally not giving the QBs weapons? That's a ridiculous statement.

The original plan was as follows:

RB: Dobbins, Edwards
    WR: Hollywood Brown, Bateman, Duvernay
    TE: Hurst, Andrews

Including Lamar they spent 4 picks in round 1. No can say they aren't trying. Unfortunately Brown didn't want to be here. Bateman and Dobbins are hurt and Hurst didn't work out. Add in the questionable Roman scheme and Lamar seeking a Deshaun Watson types contract and here we are.

Blog Entries

God this forum is getting bad.

Quote Originally Posted by ERey View Post
    EDC is intentionally not giving the QBs weapons? That's a ridiculous statement.

The original plan was as follows:

RB: Dobbins, Edwards
    WR: Hollywood Brown, Bateman, Duvernay
    TE: Hurst, Andrews

Including Lamar they spent 4 picks in round 1. No can say they aren't trying. Unfortunately Brown didn't want to be here. Bateman and Dobbins are hurt and Hurst didn't work out. Add in the questionable Roman scheme and Lamar seeking a Deshaun Watson types contract and here we are.
    Hollywood and Hurst were bad picks who had way too many questions to be drafted in the 1st. Hayden Hurst was like 25 with a failed pitching career and hollywood was like 5'9 170 and already had injuries.

Quote Originally Posted by ShadeRaven View Post
    Hollywood and Hurst were bad picks who had way too many questions to be drafted in the 1st. Hayden Hurst was like 25 with a failed pitching career and hollywood was like 5'9 170 and already had injuries.
    Those picks show more of an issue with Ravens scouting. They weren't intentionally bad picks. Sheesh.

Quote Originally Posted by ravensfan55 View Post
    Those picks show more of an issue with Ravens scouting. They weren't intentionally bad picks. Sheesh.
    I dont think a 25 year old Tight End who previously had the Yips as a pitcher and lacks anytype of crazy athletic ceiling cant be called anything but a bad pick.

Blog Entries

I dont think a 25 year old Tight End who previously had the Yips as a pitcher and lacks anytype of crazy athletic ceiling cant be called anything but a bad pick.
    Especially as the #1.
    "We're not changing anything." -John Harbaugh

Blog Entries

Agreed. I didn't say they were good picks. Just was saying the intent was there and the #1 pick capital was spent. To the point of the OP, EDC is not intentionally sabotaging Lamar.

I didn't like the Hurst pick at all. Like most others I wanted Calvin Ridley. But in hindsight it appears they were setting up Roman's run first/tight end offense with those picks.