Page 4 of 12 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast

Thread: Baker Mayfield

Re: Baker Mayfield

Why not? Might be a true test of “ this team has shit at Wr, and Oline “ theory. If Baker comes in and has moderate success…..maybe the team isn’t that bad.

Roman still needs to go. In fact I’d meet him at the castle to drive him to Stanford but then I think Harbs should be gone also.

Baker might be the best shot we have at a playoff shot if Lamar is really hurt or has just checked out.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by Laxdad24 View Post
    Why not? Might be a true test of “ this team has shit at Wr, and Oline “ theory. If Baker comes in and has moderate success…..maybe the team isn’t that bad.

Roman still needs to go. In fact I’d meet him at the castle to drive him to Stanford but then I think Harbs should be gone also.

Baker might be the best shot we have at a playoff shot if Lamar is really hurt or has just checked out.

Baker isn't coming in and starting but for me anyways it's important to have someone with starting experience beyond Huntley.

I mean the hits he was taking I was yelling at my tv like Micky Goldmill get up Huntley. I seriously thought Andrews was going to end up finishing the game

Blog Entries

Baker had way better WRs and RBs when he was with the Browns than the Ravens have. The Browns still wanted to get rid of him…badly. Baker isn’t the answer, especially since Lamar may only be out for 2-3 weeks.

“When the sea was calm, all ships alike showed mastership in floating.”- William Shakespeare

Baker can’t run Gro’s offense. You have to be a dual threat QB.

Agree. . Mayfield had one really good year in the NFL and his draft position indicates his potential. Who is to say he couldn't come in and do well. Even if the Ravens need him in the playoffs. What a story that would be if he led them to the Super Bowl.

Blog Entries

they couldn't afford his contract if they wanted him. and I'm pretty confident they don't want him

World Domination 3 Points at a Time!

Blog Entries

Is there a market for Mayfield beyond the 49ers now or in the offseason?

Mayfield's market is not exactly magma hot. His stint in Carolina was supposed to reset his career as a springboard into free agency this offseason, but it probably hurt his case due to accuracy issues (career-low 57.8% completion percentage in 2022).
    Teams I've talked to say his days as an NFL starter could be numbered. But several teams could be completely starting over at quarterback, including the New Orleans Saints, Washington Commanders, Houston Texans, Indianapolis Colts, New York Jets and New York Giants. There will be jobs available. But he's low on the free agent pecking order.
    Lamar Jackson, Tom Brady, Garoppolo, Geno Smith and Daniel Jones are atop the upcoming free agent class, followed by solid backups such as Teddy Bridgewater and Jacoby Brissett. Supply and demand will hurt his case. --

World Domination 3 Points at a Time!

Why not?
    Because he's ass brother

Quote Originally Posted by Dirt1 View Post
    Baker had way better WRs and RBs when he was with the Browns than the Ravens have. The Browns still wanted to get rid of him…badly. Baker isn’t the answer, especially since Lamar may only be out for 2-3 weeks.

Not looking for the answer. Just need a capable bandaide. The QB that fills in for Lamar needs to do one of two things …get us to the playoffs and win a game or two there or …lose soo badly that Harbs and co get canned on Black Monday. Simple.

Lamar’s gone. That ship has sailed. Gotta look to the future. That starts with Harbs and co gone and hopefully a decent haul for Lamar in picks.

Mayfield has under performed with teams with better WRS and RBS so why and the hell would he succeed here?

It sure as shit will not be because of Harbaugh and Romans coaching. lol

That much we already know.

Mayfield is a timing and rythum QB who needs WRS and a proper NFL Passing scheme.

He would not have that here.

Claimed off waivers by the Rams

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by GOTA View Post
    Baker makes way too many mistakes for Shanahan. Jimmy G. has 4 TDs for every INT this year. Baker is at 1 to 1. Maybe the Rams kick the tires since they have no playoff spot to lose
    Hmmmm.... looks like someone called this. Toot Toot my own horn