Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Re: Greg Roman / Coaching critiques - not just complaining

Quote Originally Posted by ClericBlackDave View Post
    There's no "Romanettes". Just people who are unbiased-ly watching football.

Part of the problem is Lamar here. The point of this thread was, what else did I see once Lamar went out that was bad?

The most egregrious thing was the trick play, followed by leaving Faalele on an island. Neither of these are typical "Roman sucks" complaints.

You also ignored the defensive critiques because, well, you're not here for that. lol.

You cannot be inbiasedly watching football when you just Trashed Geno Stone who has been one of the bright spots on this years team.

You said he was BURNT TOAST

When in reality Stone was not that bad. Humphrey gave up two big gains, and Clark and Queen were also responsible for #80 Broncos TE big plays yesterday.

Stone was only part of being burned 1 time and it was actually Chuck Clark who was furthest guy on the back end of the play. But both got beat on that play

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by wickedsolo View Post
    It's not a separate playbook for Huntley - but you cannot argue the formations and packages were clearly different. It suggests to me that the playbook isn't the option - it's the play calling and the weekly game plan install.
    This. Roman is using Lamar's legs to help out the run game (what competent OC wouldn't?). My issue is that he does nothing to help Lamar be more effective.
    "We're not changing anything." -John Harbaugh

I think he's gone for sure after this season...they just waited probably 2 seasons too late.

This is just his typical run...Great year 1, good/ok year 2 and then downhill years 3+.
    Although Walsh's system of offense can compensate for lack of talent; however, defense is a different story. According to Walsh, talent on defense was essential and could not be compensated for. What did Walsh do in 1981? He acquired physical and talented players on defense.

What part of our run game outside of Lamar is even good lol?

We had 3.7ypc yesterday if you include Huntley, WORSE if you only count RBs.
    Mike MacDonald should be our head coach next season

If Youre gonna say I said something, Quote me cause yall be lying.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by ravensfan7716 View Post
    Romans scheme is Trash. The formations, the spacing, the wrong coverage within the routes are all a problem.

Yesterday when Lamar went down Ricards snaps Decreased. They were playing more 3 WR sets using (likely, Oliver and Proche) vs Ricard.

Why does it take injury to Lamar to fix this?

100% shitty coaching
    Because he wants to use Lamar to bolster his shitty scheme. Lamar goes down, all of a sudden there is less of the heavy jumbo bullshit. You can't tell me Lamar doesn't see that shit. Lamar is thinking to himself, "5 more games of this bullshit". It's a race against the clock. Let's grind him into hamburger before he leaves.

Quote Originally Posted by Terpsfan82 View Post
    Because he wants to use Lamar to bolster his shitty scheme. Lamar goes down, all of a sudden there is less of the heavy jumbo bullshit. You can't tell me Lamar doesn't see that shit. Lamar is thinking to himself, "5 more games of this bullshit". It's a race against the clock. Let's grind him into hamburger before he leaves.
    Greg Roman needed Tyler Huntley to run for his life and be the leading rusher to save his job lmao. What exactly is greg roman doing if our running game is nonexistent?

Can Huntley finish out 5 games playing like he did yesterday? Im not sure
    Mike MacDonald should be our head coach next season

If Youre gonna say I said something, Quote me cause yall be lying.

Quote Originally Posted by Terpsfan82 View Post
    The funny part of Roman running less Jumbo yesterday is (Broncos were not very good against the run). If anything it should have been more heavy personnel.

Shit like this is why this team is failing from the coaching level.

Broncos are a 3 win team. Barely won
    Panthers were a 3 win team. Barely won
    Jags were a 3 win team. LOST.

Anyone who tries to defend this staff is just spewing bullshit at this point. there is no valid argument left.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by ShadeRaven View Post
    Greg Roman needed Tyler Huntley to run for his life and be the leading rusher to save his job lmao. What exactly is greg roman doing if our running game is nonexistent?

Can Huntley finish out 5 games playing like he did yesterday? Im not sure
    Nothing. We all saw Gary Kubiak come in here and turn Justin Forsett into a good back. This was with a statue at qb. Roman is out of answers. He's cooked. the only ones who refuse to acknowledge it are trolling at this point.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Raveninwoodlawn View Post
    I think he's gone for sure after this season...they just waited probably 2 seasons too late.

This is just his typical run...Great year 1, good/ok year 2 and then downhill years 3+.
    agreed - it was fantastic in the first year, then teams started to scheme and it lost effectiveness. Pair that with the downgrade of skills players due to injuries etc.

Roman will be gone this offseason and it will require some real revamping of the roster. Not many OCs can work with 5 TEs and 2 WRs

World Domination 3 Points at a Time!

Quote Originally Posted by ShadeRaven View Post
    What part of our run game outside of Lamar is even good lol?

We had 3.7ypc yesterday if you include Huntley, WORSE if you only count RBs.
    It’s Lamar’s fault lol

This guy don’t understand football

Blog Entries

Put this in the other Roman thread too, although most roads lead to Roman :

To me Roman has no imagination, and when he does design an unusual play... the play he draws-up is bound to fail. The guy doesn't know how to use weapons like Duvernay, while I'd bet other OCs would arrange some plays to put the ball in his hands on a regular basis. It appears the players are up-tight when trying to execute. IOW they're not having fun, or success, playing Roman-ball... Bc

Quote Originally Posted by ravensfan7716 View Post
    This is not accurate.

Go pull up the video on youtube.

1st Quarter #80 first catch it was big gain and Humphrey was on him (NOT stone).
    1st quarter #80 2nd catch Queen was covering him and Stone was the deep guy. Queen did not have the coverage if you watch it.
    #80 3rd catch gain was not big and Stone tackled him immediately (NO yac yards) and the play was in front of stone.
    #80 4th reception big gain the coverage was again on #44 Humphrey (NOT STONE).

5th catch. This is the only play you can really say Stone got burned, but re watch the play (Its chuck Clark further back and Stone is trailing). Both safeties (Clark and stone were up near line) nobody was deep.
    The TE beat both Clark and Stone but that is not soley on Stone.

There was no outside DB on the route.
    Truth. Nice post!