Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Blog Entries

Re: Next week predictions

I want to see if Lamar plays. Even if he's healthy it doesn't guarantee a win. If Huntley starts, we've got to be the underdog.
    "We're not changing anything." -John Harbaugh

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by stevez51 View Post
    Atlanta ran for almost 120 yards in the 2nd half yesterday. Their QB lost them the game.
    Thanks, that’s good to know. I haven’t watched that game yet. All the highlights were of Drake London who looked good.

Pain

Seeing us now as 2 point dogs which seems right. Feels like a 50/50 game. Feel like the O/U could be 25 and id bet the under.

Quote Originally Posted by GOTA View Post
    This is going to be a tough game. The Steelers defense looks so much better with TJ Watt. They even have him taking special teams snaps. Watt is one of those guys who makes everyone around him better. That defense has created 7 turnovers in the past 4 games.

Huntley is a good QB for this kind of game because he gets rid of the ball quickly. The Steelers take away the run and then force the QB to try and beat them by going over the top and creating turnovers. The Bengals were able to beat that because Higgins and Boyd really opened up the deep game. The Saints, Colts and Falcons couldn't do that. The Ravens shouldn't even try. Dink and dunk with Huntley. Stick with the short stuff with an intermediate running Mark Andrews keeping the defense as honest as you can. Don't expect to effectively run.

Without knowing yet who is in and out for the Ravens that would be my first pass at the offensive game plan.
    Agree completely. I expect this game to be an old-school, hard-nosed defensive low-scoring game. If you want a pretty game, watch something else. I expect this one to be similar to the Broncos game....dominated by defenses and offenses struggling. Game will either be decided by a big play or 2 from a defense or an offense doing just enough.

This is going to be a tough game. The Steelers defense looks so much better with TJ Watt. They even have him taking special teams snaps. Watt is one of those guys who makes everyone around him better. That defense has created 7 turnovers in the past 4 games.

Huntley is a good QB for this kind of game because he gets rid of the ball quickly. The Steelers take away the run and then force the QB to try and beat them by going over the top and creating turnovers. The Bengals were able to beat that because Higgins and Boyd really opened up the deep game. The Saints, Colts and Falcons couldn't do that. The Ravens shouldn't even try. Dink and dunk with Huntley. Stick with the short stuff with an intermediate running Mark Andrews keeping the defense as honest as you can. Don't expect to effectively run.

Without knowing yet who is in and out for the Ravens that would be my first pass at the offensive game plan.
    How dare you suggest Coach Hardball not stick to his offensive philosophy. Next you will suggest he should not do prevent defense when up by one score in the 4 th Q.

Quote Originally Posted by Iamjacks View Post
    Does the old whoever starts their backup quarterback in the Ravens Steelers rivalry wins still hold water?

Ryan Mallet
    RGIII
    Charlie Batch
    Don’t forget Randall Cunningham (IIRC he won in Pittsburgh in 2001). He should have replaced Elvis Grbac but Billick always mismanaged the QB position.

8. Re: Next week predictions

I like the sounds of that. Could be our new team motto. Just win.

Sucks to say it but without Lamar, we are probably underdogs the next two games. Only chance we probably will be favored in is against the Falcons if Lamar doesn’t come Back during the regular season.

I predict another ugly, low-scoring affair. Hopefully an ugly win

Sent from my SM-G991U using Tapatalk

I can see another 10-9 or maybe 12-10 or less.