Page 5 of 9 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast

Re: Lamar injured in practice…. again

Quote Originally Posted by NjRavensFan View Post
    The stuff you said about Lamar absolutely was clown shit. We agree on a small handful of things but I am not your ally in that nonsense.
    Lmfaoooo. Thought he had a friend.

Quote Originally Posted by Mmcclend View Post
    Wear and tear isn’t about missing games. it’s about playing as a lesser and lesser version of yourself as the season goes on.

Didn’t he have an arm injury, then a hip injury, now it’s a quad.

But no worries, once he’s completely broken down and ran into the ground they’ll just dump him like the cowboys dumped Demarco Murray.
    Damn the demarco Murray comparison is too close for comfort lol. They dumped that dude like a sack of potatoes after he busted ass for them

Killed his ass lmao

Like saying Tyreek Hill is an overrated Jag?
    Never said Jag; only 7716 said that…
    I said 110-115% of Hollywood… and yes, overrated.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by jonboy79 View Post
    Never said Jag; only 7716 said that…
    I said 110-115% of Hollywood… and yes, overrated.

Lmao double down on it. If your takes weren’t shit your posts might have more credibility

Nah, was more about busting your balls a bit. You are a good sport.

Quote Originally Posted by RavenXbio View Post
    Lmao double down on it. If your takes weren’t shit your posts might have more credibility
    It’s one I’d like to have back for sure.
    I have admitted I was wrong on this one.

We can’t always be right, but it’s nice to be at least eight every once in a while. No worries man, maybe some day your day will come!

Quote Originally Posted by jonboy79 View Post
    It’s one I’d like to have back for sure.
    I have admitted I was wrong on this one.

We can’t always be right, but it’s nice to be at least eight every once in a while. No worries man, maybe some day your day will come!

Just take the L with grace, no need for the bs

Quote Originally Posted by Shrubbs View Post
    Those are obviously unrelated injuries and every player has this happen to them every year. You just don't realize it because you don't follow those teams as closely as you do Baltimore

Tua Tagovailoa, Matthew Stafford, Aaron Rodgers, Justin Fields, Jimmy Garoppolo, PJ Walker, Ryan Tannehill were all on the injury report this week.
    Of course.......name one starting QB that hasn't been injured? This entire conversation is BS. You could name a dozen QB's that were "pocket passers" who suffered significant injuries. yes, Lamar runs the ball more then almost all QB's and yes, the chance of him getting hurt is higher. Are people saying that the Ravens shouldn't run a designed run play at all for Lamar? Because anyone that has been watching can tell that there have been less designed plays for Lamar this year then ever before.

There is NO WAY they are going to eliminate them all when you have the greatest rushing QB of all time. That just doesn't make any sense. When you need a first down on 3 and 3, I am running Lamar on a sweep.....he gets that first down 9 out of 10 times.

There's designed runs and then there are runs Lamar makes when the play breaks down. I bet it's at least even money for each. This is a part of Lamar's game, some of it is instinctive. Lamar is best when Lamar is isn't over thinking. In 2019, Lamar played on nothing but instinct......he was at his best. The coaches since have been trying to coach him out of taking off.......trying to some how improve the passing game by forcing Lamar to hang in the pocket. Sacks have gone up......Lamar has trouble with decision making and the passing game has been worse. Why? Because the coaches have Lamar thinking to much.

By this point in his career Lamar should be at the very least be calling 25% of the plays.......where Lamar gets to the line of scrimmage and reads the defense and checks out of the play. That isn't happening......for one they rarely have enough time to get the play off or certainly not enough time for Lamar to read the defense then check out. There is only two people involved in the play calling process......Roman and Lamar. Some of you refuse to think Lamar might be the problem.

I agree Roman has deficiencies, that he lacks in the passing dept. But he's been a OC for many years, he knows his job. Some of you don't think he's very good at it and that's fair, but he does know how to do it. Meaning a experienced OC knows what plays he wants to call two and three plays ahead. He knows in his head what he will call given the down and distance two or three plays ahead. They all do it. SO the notion that Roman is not getting the plays in on time I think is bogus. Roman is thinking about what play to call next before the ball is snapped on the current play. That leaves one other person in the process, that's Lamar. This has been an ongoing issue. Everyone in the football world knows it.

Note: I said I thought Peters had quit on the team. In a recent Trosset podcast it was reported that Peters said he hopes the Ravens resign him. I stand corrected, if he wanted out he would have never said this. When your wrong.....your wrong. I was wrong.

Quote Originally Posted by ThankyouArt! View Post
    Of course.......name one starting QB that hasn't been injured? This entire conversation is BS. You could name a dozen QB's that were "pocket passers" who suffered significant injuries. yes, Lamar runs the ball more then almost all QB's and yes, the chance of him getting hurt is higher. Are people saying that the Ravens shouldn't run a designed run play at all for Lamar? Because anyone that has been watching can tell that there have been less designed plays for Lamar this year then ever before.

There is NO WAY they are going to eliminate them all when you have the greatest rushing QB of all time. That just doesn't make any sense. When you need a first down on 3 and 3, I am running Lamar on a sweep.....he gets that first down 9 out of 10 times.

There's designed runs and then there are runs Lamar makes when the play breaks down. I bet it's at least even money for each. This is a part of Lamar's game, some of it is instinctive. Lamar is best when Lamar is isn't over thinking. In 2019, Lamar played on nothing but instinct......he was at his best. The coaches since have been trying to coach him out of taking off.......trying to some how improve the passing game by forcing Lamar to hang in the pocket. Sacks have gone up......Lamar has trouble with decision making and the passing game has been worse. Why? Because the coaches have Lamar thinking to much.

By this point in his career Lamar should be at the very least be calling 25% of the plays.......where Lamar gets to the line of scrimmage and reads the defense and checks out of the play. That isn't happening......for one they rarely have enough time to get the play off or certainly not enough time for Lamar to read the defense then check out. There is only two people involved in the play calling process......Roman and Lamar. Some of you refuse to think Lamar might be the problem.

I agree Roman has deficiencies, that he lacks in the passing dept. But he's been a OC for many years, he knows his job. Some of you don't think he's very good at it and that's fair, but he does know how to do it. Meaning a experienced OC knows what plays he wants to call two and three plays ahead. He knows in his head what he will call given the down and distance two or three plays ahead. They all do it. SO the notion that Roman is not getting the plays in on time I think is bogus. Roman is thinking about what play to call next before the ball is snapped on the current play. That leaves one other person in the process, that's Lamar. This has been an ongoing issue. Everyone in the football world knows it.

Note: I said I thought Peters had quit on the team. In a recent Trosset podcast it was reported that Peters said he hopes the Ravens resign him. I stand corrected, if he wanted out he would have never said this. When your wrong.....your wrong. I was wrong.
    Just no. Its roman. He has a history of it.

TLDR

Westminster OG, now behind enemy lines in NE
    Blog Entries

You make a post about how no one should make assumptions about what is going on with others and then here you go doing the opposite.

1. You're right, it could be Lamar. Could be. Lamar sure has a hand in it
    2. Roman has this exact issue everywhere he's gone. His system is too slow and takes too long to call. Unless you're going to tell me Kaep, Alex, Tyrod, Lamar and Snoop are all incapable of processing things quickly enough and every single quarterback he's had are too stupid to memorize the play book, so they all cause the ball to get snapped too late.

The simplest explanation is that Roman and or his system is too slow.

Unless you are telling me that Jim Harbaugh, John Harbaugh and Rex Ryan are just lazy idiots who don't care or want their offense to run the play clock down to nothing on every single play.

Do we need to post all the links again? This is a Roman issue. Whether he's been in SF, Buffalo or Baltimore he or his system makes it such that the QBs are really late to the line.

Unless they are all idiots who refuse to do their jobs and all three head coaches are dumbasses who are lazy about making sure their offense gets the plays executed on time and Roman is the only guy who's working hard and providing a system that's quick and efficient.

That's what you're trying to say? Lamar is too stupid to get plays executed on time when he has a playbook, right?

You said "There is only two people involved in the play calling process......Roman and Lamar." So Lamar’s at fault according to you, right? More than a decade of evidence and documentation that Roman with multiple quarterbacks and three head coaches - and his system - leads to delay of game penalties, offense chronically late to the line, breaking the huddle with single digits on the clock and last second snapping the ball. It's got to be Lamar according to you, "Everyone in the football world knows it."

Level with us! Are you Greg Roman?