Page 19 of 23 FirstFirst ... 1718192021 ... LastLast
    Blog Entries

Re: Other NFL games - week 13

Quote Originally Posted by moose10101 View Post
    Can you imagine your team losing to them (Raiders)? Or being favored to make the Super Bow and only beating them by one point (Eagles)? Against a high school coach?
    yeah that's the other side of the coin - league parity. more this year than ever it seems

World Domination 3 Points at a Time!

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Ravenswintitle View Post
    loaded up on dallas and glad I did ;-)

Indy is horrible. as bad as we sometimes have it, can you imagine that being your team?
    Irsay has no solutions and has put himself in the position of the guy who is now making the decisions. That's not a good place to be. They have to get lucky and stumble into a QB to fix things.

Westminster OG, now behind enemy lines in NE
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Beerracuda View Post
    All those years the talking heads kept comparing him to Flacco. Flacco had his issues, but he was overall better than Ryan, and Flacco has the hardware to prove it. I never really saw anything remarkable about Matty Ice, including all his years with the Falcons.

Sent from my ass using Tapatalk
    Especially since he was in a dome. Think about if he had to throw in the cold against the Steelers twice a year...

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by 547ravenfan View Post
    I watched the game he wasn't spectacular but did enough. The point was our schemes are garbage in Baltimore
    Schemes? We have schemes for WRs?

Lol, I'm with you there.

I just thought it was funny. The last time I remembered an NFL QB trying to comically hand off to the wrong side was Johnny Manzeil.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by I Touchdown There View Post
    No desire to!

Sent from my SM-G991U using Tapatalk
    Fair enough. I watched the Joe Thiesman game live as a kid and I guess it scarred me, so now I have to watch them, like train wrecks. They played that injury over and over for like 5 minutes straight.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by GOTA View Post
    Irsay has no solutions and has put himself in the position of the guy who is now making the decisions. That's not a good place to be. They have to get lucky and stumble into a QB to fix things.
    he could hire Jim Harbaugh...

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Ravenswintitle View Post
    he could hire Jim Harbaugh...
    If Harbaugh wants to come. Harbaugh wants complete control. At least that was the rumor as to why he didn't get the Vikings job. Irsay has never structured his team that way. It's always been a strong GM who works with the head coach and not for him. That doesn't mean it can't change.

I do think that Jim is looking for that blank slate kind of situation like what Reid got in KC. That's why the Vikings were so appealing to him. The Panthers can pay Jim pretty much anything. They also have a GM who really is a good talent evaluator. I think that would be the best fit for Jim.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Iamjacks View Post
    Fair enough. I watched the Joe Thiesman game live as a kid and I guess it scarred me, so now I have to watch them, like train wrecks. They played that injury over and over for like 5 minutes straight.
    I remember being in high school and someone had copied the image of LT on Thiesmann's leg from the NY Post and put them all over the school. Most everyone was a Giants fan so they were cheering over this gruesome picture. It was different time and not a good one. Buddy Ryan was putting out bounties on players. Teams would try to hurt star players and say that's just part of the game. Now they realize that it's bad for everyone's business to lose these guys to injury

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Beerracuda View Post
    All those years the talking heads kept comparing him to Flacco. Flacco had his issues, but he was overall better than Ryan, and Flacco has the hardware to prove it. I never really saw anything remarkable about Matty Ice, including all his years with the Falcons.

Ryan was the beneficiary of a franchise that valued developing their qb and placed pieces around him to realize that end. Flacco was hamstrung by an organization that wanted to recreate the 2000 Ravens.
    "We're not changing anything." -John Harbaugh

Blog Entries

Looking forward to the Goats last MNF game

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by GOTA View Post
    I remember being in high school and someone had copied the image of LT on Thiesmann's leg from the NY Post and put them all over the school. Most everyone was a Giants fan so they were cheering over this gruesome picture. It was different time and not a good one. Buddy Ryan was putting out bounties on players. Teams would try to hurt star players and say that's just part of the game. Now they realize that it's bad for everyone's business to lose these guys to injury
    Jimmy Johnson tried to fight Buddy for intentionally crippling his punter. That was a seriously awful move for Ryan, like who wants to go injure a punter because they are afraid of the punter? That's insane territory there.

I guess there's no interest in this Saints/Bucs matchup tonight. Looks like it's gonna be a boring one.