Blog Entries

Fleetwood Mac singer Christine McVie died at a hospital Wednesday morning following a “short illness.”

Mt. Arrogance in the middle of the .11 rolling acres of The Windbag Estates

Re: Fleetwood Mac singer Christine McVie died at a hospital Wednesday morning following a “short illness.”

Well that just sucks. Despite being "upstaged" in a sense by Nicks, Buckingham, and Fleetwood, her and her ex John were valuable members of the group, especially her. She was a fantastic song writer and the songs she sung were perfect for her gentle voice. But she also wrote or co-wrote a lot of what Buckingham and Nicks sang.

Great talent who had no issue with being upstaged despite her wonderful gifts.

I was lucky to see Fleetwood Mac a few times, including recently with my son in Baltimore and I always looked forward to the songs she led.

Re: Fleetwood Mac singer Christine McVie died at a hospital Wednesday morning following a “short illness.”

May she RIP.
    New column on my site dedicated to WWE
    What Is It About Me?
    http://www.justbringingtheraw.com/columns/what-is-it-about-me.html

Definitely a loss to the music world. Fleetwood Mac was always great live. Aside from the behind the scenes stuff …just an all around good band.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Mt. Arrogance in the middle of the .11 rolling acres of The Windbag Estates

Also the first band I saw in concert at the then Capital Center. But as a 15 year old I was more enthralled with Stevie Nicks though Christine was certainly nice to look at.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Greg View Post
    Also the first band I saw in concert at the then Capital Center. But as a 15 year old I was more enthralled with Stevie Nicks though Christine was certainly nice to look at.
    Never saw Fleetwood Mac but did see Stevie Nicks at Merryweather quite a few years ago. Kind of a poor turnout so we were able to move from lawn seats to under the pavilion, fairly close to the stage.

Blog Entries

Horrible news. One of the more distinct voices from my early teens. May she RIP.
    "We're not changing anything." -John Harbaugh

Quote Originally Posted by Laxdad24 View Post
    Definitely a loss to the music world. Fleetwood Mac was always great live. Aside from the behind the scenes stuff …just an all around good band.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    The fact my 16 year old loves their songs and has them on her play list tells you something about how good their music is. Stands the test of time.

This is just heartbreaking for me......I am a huge Fleetwood Mac fan, I too saw them a bunch of times throughout the years. They were still playing at an incredible high level. Unlike many bands at the end of their careers.

Christine was the oldest of all of the members. They all had a very integral place in the band. I was as broken heart when they sort of fired Lindsey Buckingham from the group. I bought tickets for their show not knowing Buckingham was not going to participate......I refused to go to the show. I ate the tickets.

Fleetwood Mac was a major part of the sound track of my life. How many of us had a major crush on Stevie Nicks? (How many of you know her real name is Stephanie?). I think Lindsey Buckingham was one of the most underrated guitar players of his era. His style of playing is just amazing.........does things no one else can do.

Christine was an amazing performer in an amazing group, that kind of magic only happens once in a lifetime. Two favorite musicians have passed from groups that were the back ground noise of my adolescence Glenn Fry and now Christine Mcvie...........damm it!

Father time is still undefeated.