Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst ... 3456 LastLast

Re: A Bengals Fan View on Ravens Wide Receivers

Quoting nobos from Twitter seemed like the basement. Who tf searches Cinci forums for Lamar posts.

Re: A Begnals Fan View on Ravens Wide Receivers

Quote Originally Posted by Ravenswintitle View Post
    Betty in accounting wasn't available?
    for real

Quote Originally Posted by JonAB View Post
    Uh ya did you read the post? I dont deny that their Dline played a big role in winning the Super Bowl but their offense played just as large a role, particularly in getting to the game. If your take is the Bucs won because of their Dline ‘full stop’ then it is a simple and stupid take.

That said, I know who I’m talking to here. It’s funny because I was actually thinking earlier who is the worse poster, CBD or AQ. I think I lean CBD but I think AQ is the ‘simplest’ poster.
    Almost like offense has won every Super Bowl since 2014.

This post has nothing to do with getting to the SB, just winning it.

Defense, particularly the Dline is the primary reason the Bucs won the SB. It was the first and most obvious way to defeat the post. That particular poster posted like 5 ridiculous statements within about an hour’s time: This is one of them that I picked off quickly.

Even you admit that the Dline was a primary factor in winning the SB. If we want to talk about getting there based on WR’s that is moving the goalposts and invites even more issues, as several teams have lost the SB but made it recently based on their Defenses.

The point remains; that WR’s and high volume passing is NOT the only manner of winning the Super Bowl in the current Era.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Lol chiefs lost 3 starters on OL lmao 🤣

Quote Originally Posted by NOLARavenFAN View Post
    "If Lamar had a guy like Tee Higgins, Amari Cooper or even Tyler Boyd the Raven would of been able to move the ball better enough to seal those games away."
    This is comical.
    Why? Higgins, Cooper and Boyd would all easily be the WR1 on the Ravens. Not saying their presence would turn every loss into a win, but they would be a huge boost to Lamar and give him one reliable WR option.

Tee Higgins, Amari Cooper and Tyler Boyd all either eclipse or roughly tie Mark Andrews for Recieving Yards on the Season who is our team leader. Youre foolish if you think those guys dont make a difference on this team. Everyone with eyes could see the drop off in the offense when Bateman went in the coffin.
    Mike MacDonald should be our head coach next season

If Youre gonna say I said something, Quote me cause yall be lying.

Quote Originally Posted by ShadeRaven View Post
    Tee Higgins, Amari Cooper and Tyler Boyd all either eclipse or roughly tie Mark Andrews for Recieving Yards on the Season who is our team leader. Youre foolish if you think those guys dont make a difference on this team. Everyone with eyes could see the drop off in the offense when Bateman went in the coffin.
    Boyd would immediately be the number 1 receiver as soon as he stepped foot in the facility, let alone Higgins and Chase.

If this team can win a Superbowl with a stifling defense and dominant running game, I would be down with that, but the only chance I see of that is if we get just about everyone who is hurt right now, and not on season ending IR, is back and healthy for the duration of the playoffs, and even still, I am not sure that will be enough. You just know defenses in the playoffs are going to stack the box, double Andrews, and try and make Lamar beat them throwing to the dumpster squad.

Quote Originally Posted by Purplenemesis View Post
    Boyd would immediately be the number 1 receiver as soon as he stepped foot in the facility, let alone Higgins and Chase.

If this team can win a Superbowl with a stifling defense and dominant running game, I would be down with that, but the only chance I see of that is if we get just about everyone who is hurt right now, and not on season ending IR, is back and healthy for the duration of the playoffs, and even still, I am not sure that will be enough. You just know defenses in the playoffs are going to stack the box, double Andrews, and try and make Lamar beat them throwing to the dumpster squad.
    This is why even if the Ravens finish 12-5 I'm going to temper my playoff expectations. I hope the team goes to the Super Bowl, but until the offense can prove it's able to overcome taking away the run from Lamar and making Andrews a non-factor the Ravens will fall short.

Not saying the Ravens can't do it with this formula, but it won't be easy without at least a couple of reliable options at WR.

Quote Originally Posted by jonboy79 View Post
    The Bucs beat the Chiefs almost entirely based on their D-line…

The Chiefs OL in that Super Bowl was decimated. Legit second string OL.
    When spider webbs unite, they can tie up a lion

Doesn’t change the fact that “offense won the Super Bowl every time since 2014” which was a false statement. The Bucs won the SB because of their Dline.

Yea their Dline helped win the SB because it was a mismatch with the horrific Chiefs Oline. They had the 6th ranked defense. Very good but not the sole or even driving force that got them a championship.
    Are you telling me that Dline got them to the SB and not guys like Gronk, Evans, Godwin, Brate, Antonio Brown? Tom threw for 4600 yds and 40 TD's in 16 games but in your world that is a defensive team. Come on. Do better. Just because their Dline had a terrific game it does not mean that's what got them there and you know it.
    “A linebacker's job is to knock out running backs, to knock out receivers, to chase the football,”
    -Ray Lewis

Almost like offense has won every Super Bowl since 2014.

This post has nothing to do with getting to the SB, just winning it.

Defense, particularly the Dline is the primary reason the Bucs won the SB. It was the first and most obvious way to defeat the post. That particular poster posted like 5 ridiculous statements within about an hour’s time: This is one of them that I picked off quickly.

Even you admit that the Dline was a primary factor in winning the SB. If we want to talk about getting there based on WR’s that is moving the goalposts and invites even more issues, as several teams have lost the SB but made it recently based on their Defenses.

The point remains; that WR’s and high volume passing is NOT the only manner of winning the Super Bowl in the current Era.

I find the argument that the Chiefs were forced to pass absolutely hilarious.

Bringing the injuries to the Chiefs OL up has merit, mind. It is as if some could use the same line of thought closer to home when assessing what the Ravens can and can't do. But nope.
    It ain't pretty, but it's us.
    AND I'M HERE FOR IT ALL, BABY.

We were getting healthier...

To be fair, the front office is at least trying to improve their drafting of WRs. We went from guys who can separate but not catch, to guys who can catch but not separate