Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast
    Blog Entries

Courtesy of JonAB: The Deep Pass to Duvernay that Lamar 'Missed'

Quote Originally Posted by JonAB View Post
    This whole thread on twitter is great and exemplifies what a cluster fuck this offense is but this particular video shows the Duv long ball that everyone in the game thread and to an extent afterwards is saying is proof of Lamar not being able to throw deep. At the 6 second mark Lamar is in the middle of throwing the Post to Duvernay who at that exact moment, for some completely inexplicable reason, decides to bend it to the corner only to correct himself once he sees Lamar has thrown the post. It was the proper read by Lamar because Duv has inside leverage and likely a TD if he sticks with the post. This one is on Duvernay and whoever is coaching the WRs, and is an another example of what makes a great WR, of which Duv is not.

https://twitter.com/jnierob/status/1...XSCrgygJ3uSe_g
    All rights and credits to JonAB.
    "Please take with you this final sword, The Excellector. I am praying that your journey will be guided by the light", Leon Shore

Blog Entries

Re: Courtesy of JonAB: The Deep Pass to Duvernay that Lamar 'Missed'

This just reinforces with everyone knows. The Ravens do not have top WRs, they have only average WRs. That's not good enough. A change in organizational culture is needed in this day and age of the NFL.

Blog Entries

I am not surprised LJ was beside himself after this particular game, after all the drops, bad routes, and bad play calls.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Uli2001 View Post
    This just reinforces with everyone knows. The Ravens do not have top WRs, they have only average WRs. That's not good enough. A change in organizational culture is needed in this day and age of the NFL.
    I'm of the belief they don't need an "elite" guy, but they definitely need better than what they currently have (and, tbh, while he is significantly better than these clowns, it's not like Bateman was lighting the NFL world on fire either). They simply aren't good enough and this is a great example of that. Little things like this that good receivers understand. This is the worst WR group we've ever put on the field and considering the long and storied history here of almost every WR we've ever drafted being an abject failure, that really says something. The team really hoodwinked the fan base again with the young receiver concept. Proche is completely useless and Wallace is in witness protection for some reason. Maybe simplesimon has it right and they should put Victor on the field. Ain't like he's going to be much worse. Just wild that they were confident (supposedly) in these guys coming out of camp.
    back on twitter

"Well that was an appropriate last ride for Pees. A Bengals WR streaking in for a game winning touchdown in the closing minutes is the man’s preferred medium to express his art." - GreenWave52

This is fighting a strawman. Ain't nobody worried about this play, thats obviously on Duvernay. And that shit happens, watch other teams. Missed connections happen.

The severe throw of DeMarcus on what should have been TD one is a problem. Correct route, correct read, WR wide open, TERRIBLE throw.

Or the miss on a TD to Olliver. Open in the seam, good decision, BAD throw to a guy who is 6'5".

Or the 2nd miss to DeMarcus. Good route, good scheme, good separation, Lamar throws something that is technically catchable, but makes Robinson have to dive and go to the ground when a better throw is a layup TD.

Ain't nobody I've heard saying this Duvernay throw was a big problem. Definition of a) fighting a strawman, b) cherry picking facts to fit an argument.

Its the accuracy on wide open deeper balls thats always been concerning.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Bhcforlife View Post
    I'm of the belief they don't need an "elite" guy, but they definitely need better than what they currently have (and, tbh, while he is significantly better than these clowns, it's not like Bateman was lighting the NFL world on fire either). They simply aren't good enough and this is a great example of that. Little things like this that good receivers understand. This is the worst WR group we've ever put on the field and considering the long and storied history here of almost every WR we've ever drafted being an abject failure, that really says something. The team really hoodwinked the fan base again with the young receiver concept. Proche is completely useless and Wallace is in witness protection for some reason. Maybe simplesimon has it right and they should put Victor on the field. Ain't like he's going to be much worse. Just wild that they were confident (supposedly) in these guys coming out of camp.
    Good summary. I don't think they need elite WRs either, they need solid, experienced receivers. Maybe DeSean Jackson could be it, though I am skeptical. Even then, they need more than just him.

Quote Originally Posted by ClericBlackDave View Post
    The severe throw of DeMarcus on what should have been TD one is a problem. Correct route, correct read, WR wide open, TERRIBLE throw.

Or the miss on a TD to Olliver. Open in the seam, good decision, BAD throw to a guy who is 6'5".

Or the 2nd miss to DeMarcus. Good route, good scheme, good separation, Lamar throws something that is technically catchable, but makes Robinson have to dive and go to the ground when a better throw is a layup TD.

Ain't nobody I've heard saying this Duvernay throw was a big problem.

And that shit happens, watch other teams. Missed connections happen.

Josh Allen leads the league in INTs, is he still not a primo QB? Trevor Lawrence led the league last year, he just embarassed our super expensive defense.
    Mike MacDonald should be our head coach next season

If Youre gonna say I said something, Quote me cause yall be lying.

Blog Entries

Y’all are using ‘Vicki from accounting’s tweets as evidence now

World Domination 3 Points at a Time!

Quote Originally Posted by Ravenswintitle View Post

What part do you disagree about?

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by ClericBlackDave View Post
    This is fighting a strawman. Ain't nobody worried about this play, thats obviously on Duvernay. And that shit happens, watch other teams. Missed connections happen.

Ain't nobody I've heard saying this Duvernay throw was a big problem. Definition of a) fighting a strawman, b) cherry picking facts to fit an argument.

Uh no it was all over the fucking board when that throw missed if you actually paid attention around here so no it is not a straw man, not that you even know what that is.

Missing the Robinson long ball sucked but those are 25% completion passes and it simply happens, the reality that you won’t shut up about it just really shows what you know. Nothing.

And the fact that you think the Oliver and the Robinson (!!!!) TD drops were just bad throws is just another example of how you really really don’t know ball.

Everyone please pay no mind to this pup
    Last edited by JonAB; 11-29-2022 at 11:40 PM.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Ravenswintitle View Post

it’s a clip of an all-22 pass, what does the op of the tweet matter ?

Quote Originally Posted by Bhcforlife View Post
    I would like it on the record that I was not hoodwinked