Page 8 of 12 FirstFirst ... 678910 ... LastLast
  1. Re: Play Clock to Zero

Surely, many aplenty fanatic folks have watched Marlon Humphrey's Instagram videos on the airplane following road wins over the last several seasons?

I would just like to point out that similar to how certain pairs of players choose to sit together in a row of seats (e.g. Lamar & 'Snoop' up front, Marcus Peters & Justin Houston, Marlon & Marcus Williams before the latter got hurt, so it wound up being Marlon & Gus 'The Bus' beside each other afterwards), John Harbaugh & Greg Roman can also be seen sitting alongside one another.

This is in addition to Eric DeCosta & 'Harbs' being neighbors and Steve Bisciotti seemingly refusing to ever legitimately threaten his hand-picked HC, 'Harbs', with the proverbial hot seat.

Plus, there is even the fun factoid that a birthday is shared between Bisciotti & 'EDC'. We all are well aware of the fact that 'EDC' repeatedly kept receiving promotions & raises to remain under the tutelage of his predecessor, Ozzie Newsome.

'Oz' is another front office member who was & is very close with both the HC, whose tenure has now reached nearly 15 seasons long (a lengthy shelf life to say the least), and the current, aforementioned GM — whose role was essentially held in waiting, as was the long-term plan established by none other than the owner himself.

Perhaps something so simple, such as a shared birthday, strengthens those two specific gents' very own bond, albeit I am admittedly reaching in regards to that reference.

Still, despite that latter caveat, lots within the Ravens' 'BaltimOrganization' have clearly & blatantly become a far-too-tight-knit clan / buddy system. It is to the extent that we could actually aptly deem it an 'Old Boys Network' of sorts at this juncture (and this has been the case for a while).

At least portions of said network (if not the entirety of it) need to be laid to rest sooner than later in order for our respective, collective, favorite franchise to return to previous success!

Unfortunately, when it appears to start at the top & trickles all the way down a la a rippling, cascading domino effect throughout, then I, for one, do not have a logical answer as to who will finally have the necessary fortitude to put a halt to this perennially redundant insanity, which we witness upon a weekly basis amid annual autumns & winters alike!
    Last edited by ⋔ 4 ℞ ℞ $; 11-30-2022 at 09:15 AM.

Re: Play Clock to Zero

I tell you what, this board may not be the most educational chat board you will find but it sure is entertaining. So many of you think........or seem to know what so many other people think or somehow know what they are doing. None of you clowns know what goes on behind the scenes. None of you have ever coached, been involved with or ever been associated with an NFL team ( nor have I, but I won't pretend that I have).

None of you know what Steve Biscotti thinks or does. Steve Biscotti didn't become a multi billionaire just by chance. No my guess is he is an incredibly smart guy, who made his living on knowing personnel. I am 100% sure he has hired and fired his way to the top. Unless you are there......you have absolutely no idea how involved or uninvolved Steve Biscotti is with his team. I would bet a weeks paycheck that it's his ultimate decision on weather to pay Lamar what he wants.

You all think you know what goes on with Lamar Jackson, I got a news flash for you......he's not the sharpest tool in the shed. I am not knocking the guy. He's a great athlete. But we all watch his interviews, articulation isn't his strongest attribute. Complex offensive schemes might not be in his wheelhouse. The story is....is that he didn't even have a play book in high school and refused to learn it in college. Is it true? Don't know but the story is out there.

You all assume that Harbaugh is soooooooooo stupid that he will risk his million dollar job and die on the Gregg Roman hill or that Steve Biscotti is soooooooo stupid he doesn't see what you see. Talk "X's and O's all you want......talk about why there isn't any creativity in receiving routes, how Smith has made the defense better, that we need to get Duvernay the ball more....etc. etc. But stop with thinking you know so much about what other people think or do when you have zero clue. Makes you look stupid. You are the one posting on a chat board.......it wrecks your credibility.

Quote Originally Posted by Uli2001 View Post
    Why wait for the offseason? There is precedent (Cam Cameron).
    There is precedent and John Harbaugh shifted the reins of the offense from Cameron to Jim Caldwell who if memory serves me correctly, had limited experience as a play-caller, making the move even more daring. But from what I was told, that move was forced upon Harbaugh by a rather irate Steve Bisciotti following a loss in Landover. It might take the same kind of persuading this time around to make such a bold in-season move by a team in first place in its division.
    Follow me on Twitter @RSRLombardi

Quote Originally Posted by HbgPARavenfan View Post
    At this point we'd be better off if he was less engaged
    Why?

Jonas Shaffer
    @jonas_shaffer
    John Harbaugh said Greg Roman acknowledged midgame that he needed to get plays in faster. The Ravens adjusted at halftime and sped things up.

This is Week 13 of Greg Romans fifth year here and is his THIRD STINT as an OC after being twice fired but he realized at halftime that he gotta get the plays in faster.

John Harbaugh continues to endorse this nonsense week after week.
    Mike MacDonald should be our head coach next season

If Youre gonna say I said something, Quote me cause yall be lying.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Thrall View Post
    And Notre Dame will be stuck in mediocrity until he retires. I'm on board with this.
    I think Harbaugh would do better at the college level.
    "Please take with you this final sword, The Excellector. I am praying that your journey will be guided by the light", Leon Shore

Quote Originally Posted by TL24x7 View Post
    Why?
    What have we done since Flacco went nuts in the playoffs?

Hire a bunch of bad coaches, old over the hill FA on defense and wr, and won 1 playoff game in a decade.

Browns territory

Quote Originally Posted by Mmcclend View Post
    If Lamar leaves and wins rings elsewhere Harbs legacy would be completely ruined. And he’d be hated here in Baltimore.
    The entire organizations legacy would be down the drain - from Biscuit to the janitor and everyone in between.

Quote Originally Posted by HbgPARavenfan View Post
    What have we done since Flacco went nuts in the playoffs?

Hire a bunch of bad coaches, old over the hill FA on defense and wr, and won 1 playoff game in a decade.

Browns territory
    How would this change if Bisciotti was less engaged?

Quote Originally Posted by ShadeRaven View Post
    Jonas Shaffer
    @jonas_shaffer
    John Harbaugh said Greg Roman acknowledged midgame that he needed to get plays in faster. The Ravens adjusted at halftime and sped things up.

This is Week 13 of Greg Romans fifth year here and is his THIRD STINT as an OC after being twice fired but he realized at halftime that he gotta get the plays in faster.

John Harbaugh continues to endorse this nonsense week after week.

That is not what Greg Roman himself just said.

Regarding the late calls. Roman said something like (all of those late last minute 4 seconds left on the clock snaps give them an extra 5 minute time of possession) in every game. He said I quote "those are treasures".

So it is apparently by design that they continue to get the calls in late

Roman said something today to the effect that running down the play clock keeps the other teams offense off the field tor a combined total of 4 minutes a game....calling that time a treasure, roman forgets if we had 30 more seconds we could have wom that game

Quote Originally Posted by beavery View Post
    Roman said something today to the effect that running down the play clock keeps the other teams offense off the field tor a combined total of 4 minutes a game....calling that time a treasure, roman forgets if we had 30 more seconds we could have wom that game
    YUP

You heard the same thing I just heard. BAT SHIT CRAZY.

Time of possession is apparently more important then rythum, flow of the game, allowing your QB to read the defense, make adjustments. As long as Roman and Harbaugh get what they want.