Page 28 of 32 FirstFirst ... 2627282930 ... LastLast

Re: Orlovsky on Ravens Pass Concepts

Mike MacDonald should be our head coach next season

If Youre gonna say I said something, Quote me cause yall be lying.

What are you intending to portray here?
    Positive yards on a 2-14…. Still 3rd and long so not a huge success, but?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by jonboy79 View Post
    What are you intending to portray here?
    Positive yards on a 2-14…. Still 3rd and long so not a huge success, but?

https://twitter.com/theStevenRuiz/st...680128/photo/1
    Mike MacDonald should be our head coach next season

If Youre gonna say I said something, Quote me cause yall be lying.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Jazz1988 View Post
    Didn't Peyton Manning call Greg Roman a great offensive coordinator though :)
    Warner, JT, Simms also have been complimentary of Roman and the scheme but that part gets ignored of course.

So Lamar chose to pass to Ricard on the second consecutive play? The first one was designed sure, and wasn’t exactly a success only getting a bit under a third of the yardage to go, but wasn’t awful.

Quote Originally Posted by Ravenswintitle View Post
    and had a two score lead in every single game. Despite their struggles they kind of held up their end of the bargain.
    Damn Lamar carrying the team…how much be worth?

Quote Originally Posted by WrongBaldy View Post
    Damn Lamar carrying the team…how much be worth?
    Three fiddy.

Quote Originally Posted by Iamjacks View Post
    TBF

Roman was awesome for Lamar through 2020. I can see an argument for keeping him 2021. What he failed to do however was to evolve Lamar and evolve himself.

He's way past his expiration date

Everyone knows what's coming
    Most are starting to realize how to stop it
    The playoffs teams will defeat it

The fire the OC gambit is the only chance at success in the playoffs this year. IMHO the only decision point is WHEN Harbaugh deploys it to achieve maximum effectiveness. Too early and the new guy will get figured out, too late and he won't have enough time to adapt to the new role.

When was Cam fired? I think similar timing here is a good time to deploy it.

Then Greg can focus on the Stanford job
    I don't think anyone here has a serious problem with Roman leaving.

It's pretending that Roman leaving fixes things that is the issue you guys can criticize his running formations and offense all you want. We have two NFL-caliber WR's what do you expect him to do? What do you expect the next OC to do? Are we going to go 4 wide with Proche and Desean?

Come on now. The other issue no one really mentions isn't this team doesn't really have an identity anymore. When Roman came on the spot we had these massive OL and just ran the ball down our opponents' throats. Now? We let our massive RT go. Yanda retired. We drafted a small C.

What do we do well anymore except just put the ball in Lamar hands to make plays? We can't finish games not just because of our defense but because when teams know we need to run they can stop us.
    Last edited by boller4president; 12-01-2022 at 01:02 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by boller4president View Post

It's pretending that Roman leaving fixes things that is the issue you guys can criticize his running formations and offense all you want. We have two NFL caliber WR's what do you expect him to do? What do you expect the next OC to do? We going to go 4 wide with Proche and Desean?

Comeon now. The other issue noone really mentions isn't this team doesn't really have an identity anymore. When Roman came on the spot we had these massive OL and just ran in down the throats. Now? We let our massive RT go. Yanda retired. We drafted a small C.

What do we do well anymore except just put the ball in Lamar hands to make plays? We can't finish games not just because of our defense but because when teams know we need to run they can stop us.
    Especially when Oliver can't block very well.....

Sent from my Pixel 6 Pro using Tapatalk
    Way Down South in New Orleans

Westminster OG, now behind enemy lines in NE
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by boller4president View Post

It's pretending that Roman leaving fixes things that is the issue you guys can criticize his running formations and offense all you want. We have two NFL-caliber WR's what do you expect him to do? What do you expect the next OC to do? Are we going to go 4 wide with Proche and Desean?

Come on now. The other issue no one really mentions isn't this team doesn't really have an identity anymore. When Roman came on the spot we had these massive OL and just ran the ball down our opponents' throats. Now? We let our massive RT go. Yanda retired. We drafted a small C.

Change what plays are called and when they are called and organizing the responses to how the opponent adapts to the game plan. Caldwell wasn't a better play caller than Cam, he just wasn't predictable where Cam was. Teams didn't have the time and film to adapt to the new guy who was using the same stuff. That's what I expect from a Roman replacement at the end of the year this year.

That's why I said timing would be Everything.

Quote Originally Posted by Jazz1988 View Post
    Didn't Peyton Manning call Greg Roman a great offensive coordinator though :)
    If Peyton had Roman calling plays when he was playing, Petyon would have put a hit out on him.

WORLD CHAMPIONS 2000 * 2012

Quote Originally Posted by camdenyard View Post
    If Peyton had Roman calling plays when he was playing, Petyon would have put a hit out on him.
    Peyton would just ignore the play calls coming in from Roman and call his own game which is probably what Peyton was doing anyway the second half of his career.