Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456 LastLast

Re: Is the Lamar situation going to turn into Eddie Murray revisited?

Comparing Bisciotti to Angelos is a big reach. The Ravens of offered Lamar top of the market. He wants a fully guaranteed deal in a sport where that's not the norm and playing the position away that fully guaranteed is more risk than your average Quarterback.

I also think the age of social media and 24-hour news cycle makes this a different situation for Lamar than it was for Eddie Murray

I'm not saying the situations are apples to oranges non-comparable, but they certainly aren't the same. And I certainly hope for a different outcome, although my prediction stands that Lamar is angling for a trade and will get one

Blog Entries

I don’t think so. Much like with wrestling fans, the perception is that the IWC is bigger than it actually is, while there may be posters here like that, the broader audience seems to have a feeling that Roman, DeCosta and Harbaugh are doing Lamar less favors than Lamar is doing them.

I certainly hope Lamar doesn't get run out of town.....He is the offense.
    I think he is electric with the ball in his hands. I get frustrated with his accuracy sure...I think signing receivers with big catch radius and ability to catch contested balls solves that personally.
    I do fear he will have a shortened carreer with all the needed running...there is a difference between needed running and smart running....He has been taking some big hits in my mind. I certainly hope Gus Edwards can continue to be the hammer we need at RB.

4. Re: Is the Lamar situation going to turn into Eddie Murray revisited?

Quote Originally Posted by Tommy_Carcetti View Post
    Yeah, never thought Mussina was anything but a greedy tool who wanted a quick and easy ring with the Yankees, and I relish the fact he never got one. That they won the year before he got there and the year after he retired made it all the more poetic.

Angelos may have screwed a lot of things up, but I don’t hold losing Mussina as one of them.

Now, cutting Jon Miller loose, on the other hand, burns me to this day. Man is a broadcasting treasure and we were lucky to have him.
    Laughing at you bitter guys. The Yankees had won 3 straight world series (1998, 1999, 2000) before Mike Mussina joined them. Mike Mussina played in the world series in 2001 the same year he signed with them. They lost. Mike Mussina played in 2 world series with the Yankees in 8 seasons. The Orioles didn't even sniff .500 until Buck Showalter showed up (a former Yankees player and manager). Get over yourselves! We still talking about the 1983 world series that I know nothing about.
    Last edited by simplesimon; 11-29-2022 at 11:40 AM.
    The wife put her hand on her knee for healing and the husband on his crotch.

Wife: "Husband the pastor can only do healing miracles, not raise the dead!"

One thing that really was noticed last game was Lamar taking off and not trusting protection.

He needs to do a better job of feeling pressure and not panicking.

Lamar has to be literally perfect inorder for Ravens fans to feel like he should get the contract he's already earned. The fanbase turned on him first, led by Ravens FO and Media doing their best to tank his value.
    Mike MacDonald should be our head coach next season

If Youre gonna say I said something, Quote me cause yall be lying.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by ShadeRaven View Post
    Lamar has to be literally perfect inorder for Ravens fans to feel like he should get the contract he's already earned. The fanbase turned on him first, led by Ravens FO and Media doing their best to tank his value.
    Agreed. His not having an agent to help fight against the Ravens media machine makes it even worse.
    "We're not changing anything." -John Harbaugh

Quote Originally Posted by Terpsfan82 View Post
    Agreed. His not having an agent to help fight against the Ravens media machine makes it even worse.
    Yeah, it's a bit tough to watch tbh. You can tell Lamar is a good person who wants to win. Obviously, I can't speak for him or his situation, but I hope he at least seriously considers hiring an agent next year once the season is over.

Quote Originally Posted by Touchdown4Life View Post
    Yeah, it's a bit tough to watch tbh. You can tell Lamar is a good person who wants to win. Obviously, I can't speak for him or his situation, but I hope he at least seriously considers hiring an agent next year once the season is over.
    Lamar wants to win only because it’ll help him get paid. Trying to take all of that cap money (guaranteed) will not help the Ravens win. It makes me laugh when people say professional athletes care about winning. It’s a business to them. All they care about is getting paid.

Same posters time and time again.......

Putting fake ass wrestling in the same sentence as the NFL........there is absolutely no comparison what so ever......none....nada! You should turn in your RSR registration for that comment.

Some type of conspiracy among the Ravens media to somehow get the fans? what ever to turn on their franchise Qb. That QB hasn't done all he could to control any narrative that exist. One of those things is having an agent out front of it all. If there was an issue with the media you bet the agent would be all over it. The agent knows full well how important it is to keep all this stuff out of the media. DO agents use the media? You bet they do. As does the teams. You think Lamar knows how to use the media? His mom? This is the big time........they are playing in the Big boy sandbox.

Quote Originally Posted by steelerhater View Post
    Lamar wants to win only because it’ll help him get paid. Trying to take all of that cap money (guaranteed) will not help the Ravens win. It makes me laugh when people say professional athletes care about winning. It’s a business to them. All they care about is getting paid.
    100%

Quote Originally Posted by ShadeRaven View Post
    Vast majority of Ravens fans would like to see him get signed. A large percentage of those fans would prefer to not have a contract that will cripple the Ravens cap. If there was not a hard cap, I don't think people would care about the contract details.

That fanbase has not turned on him. There are a vocal few who criticize him but that is not the majority of the fan base.

Please provide examples of the FO and Media tanking his value. If anything the Ravens have kid gloved him and done nothing to drive his value down.