Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast
    Blog Entries

Re: Is the Lamar situation going to turn into Eddie Murray revisited?

Quote Originally Posted by simplesimon View Post
    It's going to turn into this guy:
    Good analogy.

2. Re: Is the Lamar situation going to turn into Eddie Murray revisited?

Quote Originally Posted by Terpsfan82 View Post
    Good analogy.
    Mussina had the same issue with the Orioles as Lamar has with the Ravens:

Mussina rejects Orioles 6 year $72 million offer:
    https://www.espn.com/mlb/news/2000/0909/731645.html

" Mussina, 31, has said repeatedly that he wants to remain with the Orioles but will not re-sign for less than market value. He said Friday that he has ordered Tellem not to involve him in talks until the team meets his stated baseline.

Mussina intended to use Boston pitcher Pedro Martinez's six-year, $75 million deal without deferred money as a starting point. He is believed to be seeking a six-year contract approaching $84 million with no money deferred."

Sounds familiar???
    The wife put her hand on her knee for healing and the husband on his crotch.

Wife: "Husband the pastor can only do healing miracles, not raise the dead!"

Mussina rejects Orioles 6 year $72 million offer:

He is believed to be seeking a six-year contract approaching $84 million with no money deferred
    So we lost Mike Mussina because cheap ass scumbag Peter Angelos wouldn't pay him 2 million more per. Jesus Christ.

Quote Originally Posted by Terpsfan82 View Post
    Good analogy.
    Can you imagine the twist of the knife if Lamar leaves for the Steelers in free agency. If Lamar does leave though it's most likely from a trade and there's no chance the Ravens trade him to the Steelers.

I was thinking the same thing.. you can add frank robinson and Lydell mitchell to the list. Im also thinking earl Monroe was forced out.

I do believe race and background has impacted media criticism and endorsement deals for lamar..

It's going to turn into this guy:
    Mike Musina was never on a World Series winning team.

7. Re: Is the Lamar situation going to turn into Eddie Murray revisited?

Quote Originally Posted by Finisher View Post
    So we lost Mike Mussina because cheap ass scumbag Peter Angelos wouldn't pay him 2 million more per. Jesus Christ.
    This is what really hurts about it:

https://www.washingtonpost.com/archi...-df1947d9eabb/

The New York Yankees put right-hander Mike Mussina in pinstripes today, signing the Baltimore Orioles' best pitcher to a six-year, $88.5 million deal. The Orioles' highest offer was for $78 million over six years, with $12 million deferred without interest. The Orioles' last contact with Mussina's agent, Arn Tellem, came on Friday, when majority owner Peter Angelos told him the Orioles would not improve their offer.

"I still wanted to [give the Orioles the last chance] even though I was disappointed they hadn't called more," Mussina said. "I thought of what it would have taken [for the Orioles] to change my mind, and I couldn't think of anything."

Given the history of the negotiations, Mussina's insistence on giving the Orioles the final bid and the strong impression the Yankees' recruiting efforts made on Mussina, it appears the Orioles lost Mussina more than the Yankees won him, a theory Mussina did not dispute.

"If [the Orioles] really wanted me back," Mussina said, "they would have done more."

Angelos told the Baltimore Sun the difference was the Yankees' high revenue stream.

"The only reason the Yankees can do it is because they have the potential to get $100 million in cable revenues while the Orioles settle for about $25 million," Angelos said. "Give me the $100 million that they've got, and Mike Mussina would still be in Baltimore."

Tellem's last serious negotiations with Angelos came in August, and Mussina said today that the Orioles' most recent offer, made last week (Orioles' highest offer of $78 million over six years), would have been enough to wrap him up in August, when the Orioles were still offering $60 million over five years.
    Last edited by simplesimon; 11-29-2022 at 01:08 AM.
    The wife put her hand on her knee for healing and the husband on his crotch.

Wife: "Husband the pastor can only do healing miracles, not raise the dead!"

Quote Originally Posted by DrawTheLine View Post
    Mike Musina was never on a World Series winning team.
    And the guy was a grade A douche bag. Could pitch his ass off but was not the nicest person. At least Lamar seems pretty friendly with fans outside of the Twitter world.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by bmorebirds_24 View Post
    And the guy was a grade A douche bag. Could pitch his ass off but was not the nicest person. At least Lamar seems pretty friendly with fans outside of the Twitter world.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Yeah, never thought Mussina was anything but a greedy tool who wanted a quick and easy ring with the Yankees, and I relish the fact he never got one. That they won the year before he got there and the year after he retired made it all the more poetic.

Angelos may have screwed a lot of things up, but I don’t hold losing Mussina as one of them.

Now, cutting Jon Miller loose, on the other hand, burns me to this day. Man is a broadcasting treasure and we were lucky to have him.

Could it happen?........sure, anything could happen. At this very moment in time the truth is two things. Lamar has shown some immaturity and hasn't handled his fame or fortune very well. If he had an agent.....No disrespect to his mother but it is his mother and she may not tell Lamar the things he needs to hear.

An experienced agent could help Lamar navigate the life of a high profile athlete, if he had an experienced agent I doubt this little Twitter bru ha ha ever exist. An agent would have advised him about social media minute one becoming a NFL player. An agent has people who monitor such things. Having the right people around him......or not having the wrong people around him.

An experienced agent has friends in the media who could help guide a narrative about Lamar, get a interview set up to help his image. Sorry but Lamar isn't getting any endorsement deals selling fried chicken or Subway sandwiches. A experienced agent could help with that.

Lamar is at a crossroads in his career and in my opinion he hasn't exactly made good choices. Again, a agent could help navigate.

No when Murry left he could still play at a high level, Lamar not so much, in steep decline, thankfully hr didn’t sign that contract, if he did we would be Arizona or Denverwhich are both gonna suck for most of the next decade.Ravens dodged a bullet

Quote Originally Posted by Finisher View Post
    No. We were never going to outbid the Yankees. Mussina was going to whatever team was going to pay him the most. If the Orioles had offered him $100 million and the Yankees offered him $1 more, he was wearing pinstripes.