Page 1 of 10 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Seven Drops

Blog Entries

Seven Drops

That alone would have taken Lamar to 23/32 passing, which is over 70 percent. On top of nearly 90 yards rushing. So basically, he missed two-three throws the entire game (Which, every QB will miss if you watch other games), but the vibe I’m getting from the board is that he didn’t play all that well. With a bottom five group of WRs and a passing scheme that may be the least QB/WR friendly in the league.

It's like, we're taking a QB in Lamar and:

Telling him to pass less than most QBs
    Giving him a lesser-in-quality WR corps than just about every QB in the league
    Giving him a lesser passing scheme than just about every QB in the league
    Telling him to do, as a runner, what maybe two other QBs are being asked to do

And then trying to equate that to other offenses. But when he misses the same 2-3 throws that every QB misses every game, acting like every QB doesn't do that. When we all know they do.
    Last edited by The Excellector; 11-28-2022 at 10:01 AM.

Blog Entries

Re: Seven Drops

Yea let’s not discuss those either mark andrews had drops, Robinson had drops. And again fat ass Greg Roman completely abandon the run in second half of the game yet again, harbage pissed away the game with bad clock management. None of that matter sword, even tho played lamar played like shit he still drove them 70yrds to win the game and what happened? Harbage and McDonald’s got outcoached.

Yes he missed some throws but his receivers did not help. I can recall Andrews missed 2 1 a td Oliver 1 td. Robinson 1 td and Drake an easy pass he should have caught

We just saw Justin Jefferson make one of the best catches we've ever seen but it was a bad throw by Kirk. Josh Allen was inaccurate and is now regarded as a top 2 QB in the league cause of Stefon Diggs.

Outside of Mandrews what QB is gonna be perfect with Duv, Robinson, and Ricard lol.

I thought trading Hollywood was a smart decision and that Bateman would be the guy. I thought the offense would open up cause Lamar locked onto Andrews and Hollywood too much but man was I wrong.

Quote Originally Posted by fadetoj View Post
    We just saw Justin Jefferson make one of the best catches we've ever seen but it was a bad throw by Kirk. Josh Allen was inaccurate and is now regarded as a top 2 QB in the league cause of Stefon Diggs.

Outside of Mandrews what QB is gonna be perfect with Duv, Robinson, and Ricard lol.

I thought trading Hollywood was a smart decision and that Bateman would be the guy. I thought the offense would open up cause Lamar locked onto Andrews and Hollywood too much but man was I wrong.
    Trading away Hollywood wasn't an inherently bad decision. He didn't want to be here and we got good compensation. The problem was not replacing him.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by fadetoj View Post

Lamar IS the offense. They can't run the ball unless he's running it, which not only leads to success on his carries, but often opens up running lanes for the other backs since defenders start to hesitate out of concern for Lamar. We might get maybe three wide open guys in a game. Half the time, the FB gets more targets than the WRs and plays more snaps than the WRs. Nobody's making Stefon Diggs/AJ Brown type catches for the QB, outside of once in the bluest of moons.
    "Please take with you this final sword, The Excellector. I am praying that your journey will be guided by the light", Leon Shore

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Shrubbs View Post
    Trading away Hollywood wasn't an inherently bad decision. He didn't want to be here and we got good compensation. The problem was not replacing him.
    Agreed.
    "Please take with you this final sword, The Excellector. I am praying that your journey will be guided by the light", Leon Shore

Quote Originally Posted by The Excellector View Post
    That alone would have taken Lamar to 23/32 passing, which is over 70 percent. On top of nearly 90 yards rushing. So basically, he missed two-three throws the entire game (Which, every QB will miss if you watch other games), but the vibe I’m getting from the board is that he didn’t play all that well. With a bottom five group of WRs and a passing scheme that may be the least QB/WR friendly in the league.

It's like, we're taking a QB in Lamar and:

Telling him to pass less than most QBs
    Giving him a lesser-in-quality WR corps than just about every QB in the league
    Giving him a lesser passing scheme than just about every QB in the league
    Telling him to do, as a runner, what maybe two other QBs are being asked to do

And then trying to equate that to other offenses. But when he misses the same 2-3 throws that every QB misses every game, acting like every QB doesn't do that. When we all know they do.
    Aside from point #4, this is literally copy and paste from your 2015-2018 Flacco posts. Not an indictment on you, but on the team for how Harbaugh manages the offense. It's not going to change until Harbaugh is gone.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by DeltaRaven View Post
    Aside from point #4, this is literally copy and paste from your 2015-2018If the Flacco posts. Not an indictment on you, but on the team for how Harbaugh manages the offense. It's not going to change until Harbaugh is gone.
    If the Ravens miss the playoffs with the easiest schedule in the NFL then that could happen.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by GOTA View Post
    If the Ravens miss the playoffs with the easiest schedule in the NFL then that could happen.
    I think that John Harbaugh is a very good coach. I just don't think he's the best fit for a QB whose passing actually has a high ceiling. Especially, in a QB-passing driven league. Harbaugh is the coach you get when you DON'T have a QB worth a darn, and you have to make it work. But if you give him one with real potential, that potential as a passer will never be realized under Harbaugh. Even after Flacco helped us win the Super Bowl, logic would have told Harbaugh to change his philosophy, as it was time. Nope, right back to running the ball and relying heavily on the defense.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by The Excellector View Post
    I think that John Harbaugh is a very good coach. I just don't think he's the best fit for a QB whose passing actually has a high ceiling. Especially, in a QB-passing driven league. Harbaugh is the coach you get when you DON'T have a QB worth a darn, and you have to make it work. But if you give him one with real potential, that potential as a passer will never be realized under Harbaugh. Even after Flacco helped us win the Super Bowl, logic would have told Harbaugh to change his philosophy, as it was time. Nope, right back to running the ball and relying heavily on the defense.
    All that matters is results. The NFL handed the Ravens the kind of gift that doesn't happen very often. We won't see this again. It's like a cheat code. If Harbaugh can't take advantage then he's got to go. I like him too but the is a results oriented business. Andy Reid was with the Eagles 14 years and missed the playoffs his last 2 years in a row. This is year 15 for Harbaugh. It happens

Ravens fans never have any smoke for Mark Andrews despite the fact that he's got a fat contract and has more guaranteed money than Lamar. But Mark Andrews consistent drops are always Lamar's fault
    Mike MacDonald should be our head coach next season

If Youre gonna say I said something, Quote me cause yall be lying.