Page 3 of 10 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Re: If Lamar can't be Superman, what do we do?

Damn Ed same ol shit different pile, year 5 and things haven’t gotten better it aint changing at this point, he is what he is, great open field runner, average at best passing qb. Superman wouldn’t be 31st out of 32 starting QBs in accuracy, yea Lamars 18% rate of inaccurate throws places him 31st in the league, tell me again how that is Romans/Coaching/receivers fault. Lamars prime was his MVP season he has steadily declined since then. Did you see him in the last game it was 37 degrees and he looked like he was freezing to death, cant handle cold weather either just another reason to try and get something in trade for him in the offseason, although other teams are seeing the same thing we are, so we may be screwed
    Quote Originally Posted by edromeo View Post
    Lamar just needs to be more disciplined with rhythm dropback passing game execution. Execute this passing game at a higher level. Make the right reads with the proper footwork, timing and ball placement. Give Duve opportunities when they are open. Be more accurate and more aggressive in targeting outside routes and find the Checkdowns on time.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by mmi16 View Post
    Defense saw to it the Kaep's final pass was incomplete in the end zone.

Joe staked them to a lead and after being de-energized by the lights going out, the D bent a lot but didn't break into a loss. How many attempts did the 9er's have with Goal to Go?
    Just FTR, "lights going out" had nada to do with being "de-energized" - it was the injury to Haloti that let the FortyWhiners back into the game.

Now to answer the Tin Toothpick's original question:

"We" will continue with our lives and follow the games, or not, as is our wont. (Except for those of "us" stupid enough to be wagering on them.)

Poe's Crows OTOH will most likely lose more than they win, because their Offensive* Miscoordinator's only Plan B has Lamar putting on his cape - and he has no clue as to a Plan C or D, and neither does the CEOach.

* NB I am using this as an adjective here.
    ...If yinz ain't vaxxed & boosted by now, ain't nuffin' I say gonna change yer mind. Just don't drop dead on my lawn.

Слава Україні! героям слава!

We were hurt in that SB by a Rice fumble, a Ray Lewis dropped INT (triceps), and a no-call late when Flacco was hit out of bounds (plus the lights). Otherwise, semi-blowout.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by one eyed bird View Post
    Damn Ed same ol shit different pile, year 5 and things havenÂ’t gotten better it aint changing at this point, he is what he is, great open field runner, average at best passing qb. Superman wouldnÂ’t be 31st out of 32 starting QBs in accuracy, yea Lamars 18% rate of inaccurate throws places him 31st in the league, tell me again how that is Romans/Coaching/receivers fault. Lamars prime was his MVP season he has steadily declined since then. Did you see him in the last game it was 37 degrees and he looked like he was freezing to death, cant handle cold weather either just another reason to try and get something in trade for him in the offseason, although other teams are seeing the same thing we are, so we may be screwed
    This board is a crazy place. Some of what you say above is true and worth talking about....(where are you getting those accuracy numbers? I'm not doubting them, i saw some of Bill Barnwell's numbers...just would like a link)

Regardless of the amount of people that care to admit it........Lamar himself isn't playing well in the passing game.

BUT.....at the same time his playmaking/running still makes him one of the top QBs in the NFL.

That is what makes Lamar fun and frustrating.

In 2019 we saw Lamar play disciplined football in terms of his passing game fundamentals.
    Since then we've seen glimpses here and there...hot and cold streaks.

When he's throwing the ball with rhythm and timing with consistent passing fundamentals....dropback footwork, arm action....he's a top 2 QB in the NFL...literally a unanimous league MVP level player.

But make no mistakee, he's a top 10 QB even when he's not playing HIS best football.

We some things the same, i think our difference is that I think Lamar can and will reach he full potential.
    "Those corners...and those safeties are going to be one-on-one... and we got to make them pay for it," Harbs

"I think he’d be[Lamar] the greatest player in the history of the game,” Young said

Compared to last year we are ten time more healthy. You have to think hard to name four players on ir who won’t rerun this year. Last year it was a two page report. We do not need Superman every game, every play. All we need is steady play with flashes of Superman to keep teams off balance and give us a spurt when needed. That might not be needed very much when Edwards and Dobby returns full time and full production.

Winning does not get better with fantasy or style points. Just win and with this defense looking like classic Ravens defense the burden is greatly reduced on the offense. You could feel the defense just choking the life out of Carolina Sunday. Game in control and game over early.

Westminster OG, now behind enemy lines in NE
    Blog Entries

Get Lamar moving, either play action or other roll outs where his threat of the run can create open straight line passes. Of course that involves Roman running stuff he would seemingly rather lose than run more than 4x per game (schemed passes and play action).

Also we need Roman to be flexible in adapting to what the opponent gives him instead of what he wants to run. But this has been a Roman issue for decades so only the most adamant denier of reality thinks this has more than a snow balls chance of happening in climates where Lamar doesn't wear a bubble jacket.

I will have to look and see if I can find a link to his passing stats but its real for sure, that said he has been good in the passing game 1 out of 5 years and that was 3 years ago, so Ed are you giving him a 5 year 50 mill a year fully guaranteed contract off of what you have seen from him these past 3 years? yea me either, Greatest running QB in NFL history for sure but just as sure lacking in the passing game and average at best
    This board is a crazy place. Some of what you say above is true and worth talking about....(where are you getting those accuracy numbers? I'm not doubting them, i saw some of Bill Barnwell's numbers...just would like a link)

Regardless of the amount of people that care to admit it........Lamar himself isn't playing well in the passing game.

BUT.....at the same time his playmaking/running still makes him one of the top QBs in the NFL.

That is what makes Lamar fun and frustrating.

In 2019 we saw Lamar play disciplined football in terms of his passing game fundamentals.
    Since then we've seen glimpses here and there...hot and cold streaks.

When he's throwing the ball with rhythm and timing with consistent passing fundamentals....dropback footwork, arm action....he's a top 2 QB in the NFL...literally a unanimous league MVP level player.

But make no mistakee, he's a top 10 QB even when he's not playing HIS best football.

We some things the same, i think our difference is that I think Lamar can and will reach he full potential.

Fire the entire Staff. Draft caleb williams in 2024. He's going to win back to back Heismans and be the highest rated prospect since John Elway

9. Re: If Lamar can't be Superman, what do we do?

Lamar just needs to be more disciplined with rhythm dropback passing game execution. Execute this passing game at a higher level. Make the right reads with the proper footwork, timing and ball placement. Give Duve opportunities when they are open. Be more accurate and more aggressive in targeting outside routes and find the Checkdowns on time.
    After a college career and his over four year stint here, along w/off-season special coaches, Lamar "just needs to" learn a few things, Ed? Really? When does the light switch on? Year 12? Love the guy, but the league has figured out how to play Lamar and we've seen the best of it. Along w/this, I'm no fan of Roman, never have been and Lamar certainly could have used some help at WR along the way. I will also say that yes, if he had been lucky enough to play for a team w/coaches who had an idea how to fully utilize his talents, things would be better for him. Harbaugh and company are not it. Not the worst by any stretch, but far from the best. Nonetheless, we've seen the best of Lamar. That's no knock on him, just stating my opinion. Unless and until he goes back to being the real run threat he once was, this won't change. This could be by design, Lamar's choice(contract year) or maybe an injury or a combination of it all, but it is what it is. Yeah, we'll see some flash plays here and there, after all, he is an amazing talent, but....... c'mon Lamar, prove me wrong. Here's to hoping our Defense holds up and keeps us in games.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by one eyed bird View Post
    I will have to look and see if I can find a link to his passing stats but its real for sure, that said he has been good in the passing game 1 out of 5 years and that was 3 years ago, so Ed are you giving him a 5 year 50 mill a year fully guaranteed contract off of what you have seen from him these past 3 years? yea me either, Greatest running QB in NFL history for sure but just as sure lacking in the passing game and average at best
    Yes, i would give Lamar whatever the going rate is for a franchise QB.

2019 MVP, 2020 #8 QBR, 2021 #17 and currently #8. Like I said before...even when he's not a top 10 passer he's been top 10 QBR. And when he puts it all together like in 2019, top 5 passing QBR he was thee top QB in the league...and I think he can and will get there again....heck it could click down the stretch this season.

Much appreciated if you can find that link.
    "Those corners...and those safeties are going to be one-on-one... and we got to make them pay for it," Harbs

"I think he’d be[Lamar] the greatest player in the history of the game,” Young said

Blog Entries

Congratulations Baltimore Ravens. You've managed to turn a unicorn into a pack mule.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by blueridgemtnman View Post
    After a college career and his over four year stint here, along w/off-season special coaches, Lamar "just needs to" learn a few things, Ed? Really? When does the light switch on? Year 12?
    Well no. He can do it. That's not in question for me. We've seen it in 2019 and we've seen it in streaks here and there....he just needs to be consistent with it.

Quote Originally Posted by blueridgemtnman View Post
    Love the guy, but the league has figured out how to play Lamar and we've seen the best of it. Along w/this, I'm no fan of Roman, never have been and Lamar certainly could have used some help at WR along the way. I will also say that yes, if he had been lucky enough to play for a team w/coaches who had an idea how to fully utilize his talents, things would be better for him. Harbaugh and company are not it. Not the worst by any stretch, but far from the best. Nonetheless, we've seen the best of Lamar. That's no knock on him, just stating my opinion. Unless and until he goes back to being the real run threat he once was, this won't change. This could be by design, Lamar's choice(contract year) or maybe an injury or a combination of it all, but it is what it is. Yeah, we'll see some flash plays here and there, after all, he is an amazing talent, but....... c'mon Lamar, prove me wrong. Here's to hoping our Defense holds up and keeps us in games.
    I don't think the league has figured Lamar or the scheme out anymore then they've figured out any other top 10 QB. I certainly don't think we've seen the best of Lamar. And the limiting factor isn't his running...he's giving us that in spades. The limiting factor is Lamar's execution of the passing game and that is something mainly in Lamar's control, like in 2019 when he was top 5 in passing QBR.

I like Roman/Ravens this scheme isn't the perfect scheme, but what scheme is? I can only think of a couple schemes that might be a better fit. This offensive approach is much better then the credit many here give it. The numbers back this up.