Page 18 of 18 FirstFirst ... 161718
    Blog Entries

Re: Lamar nursing hip injury

Quote Originally Posted by NjRavensFan View Post
    Below average QB is frankly ridiculous. He often has bad footwork, yes, but his upper body mechanics and natural throwing ability (not the same as arm talent, which I would say is more or less NFL average) are amongst the very best in the league. His release is absurdly quick, which we largely seem to take for granted as a fanbase but absolutely shouldn’t, and his athleticism translates to throws from the pocket too, not just runs. He makes a number of throws look run of the mill because of his athleticism that extremely aren’t. The 15 yard rifle to Proche with a free runner in his face against TB, for example, was a legitimately special throw, but watching him do it so casually you don’t really bat an eye. ~30/32 QBs there are either taking a sack or desperately trying to get to a check down on that play.
    Big facts

Quote Originally Posted by Mmcclend View Post
    Anybody who still doubts that Lamar is an elite QB is just being stubborn. No point in even debating with them. They’re dug in.
    Quote Originally Posted by NjRavensFan View Post
    Below average QB is frankly ridiculous. He often has bad footwork, yes, but his upper body mechanics and natural throwing ability (not the same as arm talent, which I would say is more or less NFL average) are amongst the very best in the league. His release is absurdly quick, which we largely seem to take for granted as a fanbase but absolutely shouldn’t, and his athleticism translates to throws from the pocket too, not just runs. He makes a number of throws look run of the mill because of his athleticism that extremely aren’t. The 15 yard rifle to Proche with a free runner in his face against TB, for example, was a legitimately special throw, but watching him do it so casually you don’t really bat an eye. ~30/32 QBs there are either taking a sack or desperately trying to get to a check down on that play.

Three great qualities don't make up for 3 bad qualities.

3. Re: Lamar nursing hip injury

Quote Originally Posted by Mmcclend View Post
    Anybody who still doubts that Lamar is an elite QB is just being stubborn. No point in even debating with them. They’re dug in.
    He’s a Top 10 quarterback.

Or more accurately a Top 3-10 quarterback, with the spots of him and others in that category vacillating on a near week to week basis.

To be honest, we might really be looking at only one true “elite” quarterback in the league right now (Mahomes.) Thought Josh Allen might also have reached that level but over the past few weeks I’m less convinced.

People automatically assume there are going to be multiple elite quarterbacks at any one time. People think of Manning-Brady-Rogers-Brees. Or maybe Montana-Marino-Elway before that.

But we’re not always that blessed.

We’ve got a Top 10 quarterback for sure. And at times a Top 5. And I suppose we should be happy with that, regardless of whether or not he truly rises to “elite” (i.e. sure fire future HOFer) status.
    Last edited by Tommy_Carcetti; 11-28-2022 at 10:01 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Tommy_Carcetti View Post
    He’s a Top 10 quarterback.

Or more accurately a Top 3-10 quarterback, with the spots of him and others in that category vacillating on a near week to week basis.

To be honest, we might really be looking at only one true “elite” quarterback in the league right now (Mahomes.) Thought Josh Allen might also have reached that level but over the past few weeks I’m less convinced.

People automatically assume there are going to be multiple elite quarterbacks at any one time. People think of Manning-Brady-Rogers-Brees. Or maybe Montana-Marino-Elway before that.

But we’re not always that blessed.

We’ve got a Top 10 quarterback for sure. And at times a Top 5. And I suppose we should be happy with that, regardless of whether or not he truly rises to “elite” (i.e. sure fire future HOFer) status.
    Accurate, and yes, I think Allen dropped out of the top tier as you suggest. There is Mahomes, and there is everyone else. Lamar, at times, can look like the #2 guy, so can Allen, Herbert, Burrow, Tua, Hurts, Brady, Rodgers….

But Mahomes is alone at the top.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk