Page 8 of 8 FirstFirst ... 678

Re: Dave Chappelle SNL Monologue

Quote Originally Posted by blah3 View Post
    See, this comes from a perspective that there was nothing wrong with Twitter. Musk is doing drastic things to change the culture that over ran the company. Expecting employees to come into the office and work hard is not unusual. Twitter needed drastic changes, see jack doraeys mea culpa recently.
    So you see nothing wrong with people bringing in beds and sleeping in the office, likely putting in 15 hour work days 6 days a week? Getting fired for posting things he does not like on Slack, yet stating he wants freedom of speech. Hypocrisy much? This is not a wall street investment firm or NASA putting a man on the moon where those hours can be brutal but expected. This is a social media company that was losing money. Musk bought a dog and now he thinks people have to work insane hours and give up everything to fix his dog. The Valley does not work that way. The company will be shuttered inside of two years unless he funds it out of his personal wealth.

Quote Originally Posted by 2bynight View Post
    So you see nothing wrong with people bringing in beds and sleeping in the office, likely putting in 15 hour work days 6 days a week? Getting fired for posting things he does not like on Slack, yet stating he wants freedom of speech. Hypocrisy much? This is not a wall street investment firm or NASA putting a man on the moon where those hours can be brutal but expected. This is a social media company that was losing money. Musk bought a dog and now he thinks people have to work insane hours and give up everything to fix his dog. The Valley does not work that way. The company will be shuttered inside of two years unless he funds it out of his personal wealth.
    I would expect to get fired and you would probably be fired if we publicly criticize the company and the ceo.

Quote Originally Posted by blah3 View Post
    I would expect to get fired and you would probably be fired if we publicly criticize the company and the ceo.
    Employment at will. People have left in droves and will continue to leave that company. No one wants to work there as a new hire. Shuttered in two years...

Mt. Arrogance in the middle of the .11 rolling acres of The Windbag Estates

You've seen his memos to Twitter employees and you can state that? People moving beds into offices to sleep. Sorry but CEOs need to be better than that. I hope every single Twitter employee leaves the douchebag running that place. This has nothing to do with his posts and freedom of speech. This is based on how he has reacted to and treated employees there. I used to work in Silicon Valley and understand the culture. I can guarantee you the best employees have already left and many of the ones who have not have active searches underway and will leave as soon as they are signed elsewhere.
    Well you seem to have worked out how to handle the mean old Grinch now running Twitter. Move on and get another job. It's that simple.

Me, I see the videos these people put up showing what a day working at Twitter (and other tech giants) is like and I have no sympathy for them losing their 20 hour a week jobs that include massages and free meals along with 6 figure salaries.

Yes, it is/was losing money and Musk it trying to turn that around.

You have freedom of speech and Musk has the freedom to fire you.

You don't seem to know what freedom of speech is. When the government is directing social media companies about which posts/posters to censor THAT is a violation of free speech. The government used their muscle to stop somebody from having a platform to speak.

Letting somebody talk and they go and slam their employer which gets them fired is not censorship. They were perfectly able to speak. There were consequences that came with it.

If you were publicly insulting your employer would you expect there to not be consequences?

Employment at will. People have left in droves and will continue to leave that company. No one wants to work there as a new hire. Shuttered in two years...
    LOL. Indeed! He is known to have difficulty getting people to work for him in high tech jobs. I hear Tesla and SpacEx were projects engineered by idiots making minimum wage who couldn't graduate high school.

So you would expect to be fired for public criticism. Good, we have some minor agreement.
    Now, if you would please stop meandering all over the place maybe we could hash out something. First you say Twitter was losing money and now seem to want to pin it on musk for failing. So musk wouldnt be able to save an already failing company. That doesn’t really reveal anything about musk.

Blog Entries

Dave Chappelle Slams Transgender Protesters: ‘If You Replace the Word ‘Transphobe’ for ‘N–‘ It Makes Perfect Sense’
    https://www.breitbart.com/entertainm...perfect-sense/

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by CarrollCoRaven View Post
    Dave Chappelle Slams Transgender Protesters: ‘If You Replace the Word ‘Transphobe’ for ‘N–‘ It Makes Perfect Sense’
    https://www.breitbart.com/entertainm...perfect-sense/
    He’s not wrong.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Disclaimer: The content posted is of my own opinion.