Page 110 of 190 FirstFirst ... 108109110111112 ... LastLast
Results 1,309 to 1,320 of 2278

Thread: Artemis

1. Re: Artemis

Quote Originally Posted by jonboy79 View Post
    Wigged me out, lmao
    This has never been anything but fun for me while I laugh at a senile old man.

https://news.ku.edu/2014/02/06/resea...re-plain-wrong

Lmao, literally my first google search result doing YOuR research FOR YOU…

And also, you JUST brought ip a Michelson as believing the Earth was flat and stationary but a small amount t of research a week ago told me he believed neither. I told you this and showed you where that was true and yet you STILL listed him as a flat stationary earth believing scientist…

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    what is interesting in that article is that Delaware was the 5th flatest state in the country. I mention that often when I am driving there ( i have a place outside Bethany Beach). I actually like it.....at least driving. My son lives out near Frostburg which is the direct polar ( had to get that reference in there) opposite......lol Not long ago I had to drive to his house on Saturday, came home on Sunday then on Monday I drove to Ocean City. In those three days I literally drove across the entire state.........very interesting contrast.

Re: Artemis

Quote Originally Posted by MacMunin View Post
    Simply not true, but nothing to get upset about either way, IMO. The Astonomy is awesome regardless of how far away things are. I personally like the idea of it all being much more close than we are told if you ask me. Thats not why I believe what I do though. Rowbotham, Carpenter, Michelson, Sagnec, John Dee, Martin Luther, and The Bible is why I beleive what I do.
    This was your reply to me saying that no scientists believe the Earth is flat nor do any believe it is stationary.

What kinda mumbo jumbo you just post up. Stop splitting frog hairs and pulling 80's misdirection run plays. Roman is gone now, no need for you to try and play Roman here.

So here:
    A flatness value of 1.000 would indicate “perfect, platonic flatness.” The pancake was scored as 0.957, which the researchers said is “pretty flat, but far from perfectly flat.” The value for Kansas, meanwhile was ~0.9997, or “damn flat,” as they said.
    “Simply put, our results show that Kansas is considerably flatter than a pancake,” the team concluded.
    https://www.mentalfloss.com/article/...cake.%E2%80%9D

Did I really bring up Michelson saying that? Doubt it. Try finding that. And dont copy just part of the sentence. I think I included him along with scientists that beleived in things opposite of what you beelived in, either Stationary and or flat.

Edit- heres an Edu school link if my other link isnt good for you:

https://www.usu.edu/geo/geomorph/kan...%20a%20pancake.
    And? Yeah I found this too. You know what it really proves? A pancake isn’t as flat as you think it is. Almost every state is also flatter than a pancake.

And none of either of these links addresses the difference between Flat and Level, because they all know the Earth is round. They are based on feet above sea level. Well…. Sea level is round, so…

And? Yeah I found this too. You know what it really proves? A pancake isn’t as flat as you think it is. Almost every state is also flatter than a pancake.

And none of either of these links addresses the difference between Flat and Level, because they all know the Earth is round. They are based on feet above sea level. Well…. Sea level is round, so…

Flat as a pancake is not flat they say. Lots of states are flat as a pancake but we are on a sphere they say. Level Sea is round they say. Up is down they say. Left is Right they say. Black is really White they say. The Sun is just the Moon at night they say. This is fun. I might start act like Im in elementary school again too and maybe will speak words backwards again.
    Politics is the entertainment division of the military industrial complex. ― Frank Zappa

This was your reply to me saying that no scientists believe the Earth is flat nor do any believe it is stationary.

More Mctwistianisms. Hey, Skippy, you take a pic last night? Post up here what you werent supposed to see from 444 million miles away last night with a 4" tele.
    Politics is the entertainment division of the military industrial complex. ― Frank Zappa

Flat as a pancake is not flat they say. Lots of states are flat as a pancake but we are on a sphere they say. Level Sea is round they say. Up is down they say. Left is Right they say. Black is really White they say. The Sun is just the Moon at night they say. This is fun. I might start act like Im in elementary school again too and maybe will speak words backwards again.
    The earth is closer to a perfect sphere than a pool ball. Think about that. With all our mountains and canyons…. THAT is how big it is. None of our geologic features would be larger than the grooves in our fingerprints on a school globe, adjusted for scale.

So no, by that measure, a pancake is NOT flat. On the microscopic level; the variations are significantly larger than our globular Earth.

THAT is what that study says, which has absolutely NOTHING to do with the curvature of the Earth, as all measures were based on that curvature to begin with.

Artemis

More Mctwistianisms. Hey, Skippy, you take a pic last night? Post up here what you werent supposed to see from 444 million miles away last night with a 4" tele.
    You were the one supposed to photograph Jupiters Moons for me with your camera; remember? Jupiter is very visible tonight again! If you get out NOW you can even still see Venus.

Couldn’t see Mars tonight but think I saw Saturn.
    Mars should be below and right of the moon from our vantage tonight but it must have been hiding behind a cloud.

I may check again in a minute.

And no, that was NOT a Mc twist, I challenge you to explain how I should have taken that other than suggesting Michelson was one of the scientists you were claiming believed in a flat stationary earth. Because that is absolutely, positively what you tried to suggest, and you are moonwalking like Michael now…

Mars was further from the moon than I thought it would be. Quite visible tonight as well, but mercury is under the horizon now.

And I never was able to do a Mc twist on my snowboard, I tried but no dice. It’s been almost 20 years since I could so a rodeo flip or an under flip…

Last edited by jonboy79; 02-02-2023 at 08:13 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Greg View Post
    I find your idea of the way things are quite depressing. You think these are some kind of things on a dome over the earth, much like moving stained glass. I see them as incredible objects spread throughout a massive universe assembled in such a way as it can't help but SCREAM to the Glory of God.

Romans 1:19-20a - For what can be known about God is plain to them, because God has shown it to them. 20 For his invisible attributes, namely, his eternal power and divine nature, have been clearly perceived, ever since the creation of the world . . .

What you describe of things on a dome like structure is closer to an Imax production and seems insignificant, puny, and small compared to what I see in the heavens. Your view doesn't depict His eternal power and divine nature, it's barely more than what we could accomplish.

The current science sees by consensus a universe that is vastly and ridiculously beyond our abilities, especially in even starting such a thing (Big Bang) or making it work (the incredible fine-tuning). Your description is a difficult to build theater.
    So random thought on my drive home tonight.

I know you to be one that is a firm believer in a finite universe.

Do you have thoughts on perhaps the universe being curved? In particular; completely convexly curved. In other words, do you believe the Universe could also be spherical? In this case, the inflation theory that is like a balloon expanding, and the galaxies are “essentially” 2 dimensional on the skin of the balloon, and as we know gravity bends light, it would almost mimic our “flat earth” perception in a significantly larger way? I am Wondering if Dark Matter and Dark Energy could essentially be the inside of the balloon?

It seems our surroundings seem to always sort of alternate between 2d and 3d perceptually as we increase the scale. So as we stand here; it “feels” like it’s flat, which is why we have people like MAC, but when you zoom out, it is clearly a sphere. Our solar system is primarily on a singular plane, so it could “feel” 2 D, but then the ORT cloud is definitively spherical and 3D. Galaxies also spin to flat discs(2D again) but then if it’s spherical that could continue that pattern.

So bonus points, do you think there is a chance that JWST or similar could be seeing all the way around the sphere at the Milky Way’s birth when we see other galaxies?

Mt. Arrogance in the middle of the .11 rolling acres of The Windbag Estates

So random thought on my drive home tonight.

I know you to be one that is a firm believer in a finite universe.

Do you have thoughts on perhaps the universe being curved? In particular; completely convexly curved. In other words, do you believe the Universe could also be spherical? In this case, the inflation theory that is like a balloon expanding, and the galaxies are “essentially” 2 dimensional on the skin of the balloon, and as we know gravity bends light, it would almost mimic our “flat earth” perception in a significantly larger way? I am Wondering if Dark Matter and Dark Energy could essentially be the inside of the balloon?
    I don't understand space curvature all that much, I assumed at first it was like a sphere (balloon) as you described, and in some ways it is explained that way. Especially with galaxies moving away from each other like raisins in rising bread or dots on an expanding balloon.

But I often see a saddle-shaped description of the curved flatness.

In any case I believe that light would travel along the curves of space much like it does along the curves from gravity around massive objects. So we can see to the other side of the "balloon" not by seeing through the middle but by seeing through space around that curve.

Space curvature is not something I have given much attention. I am currently watching "The Great Courses" on Time by Sean Carroll of the California Institute of Technology. He has a great one on the Higgs.

I definitely believe in a finite universe both in size and time. I don't know what the edge of the universe might be like, would you bounce off of the edge of space? We are so entrenched in space and time that we really can't imagine there not being space or time.

It seems our surroundings seem to always sort of alternate between 2d and 3d perceptually as we increase the scale. So as we stand here; it “feels” like it’s flat, which is why we have people like MAC, but when you zoom out, it is clearly a sphere. Our solar system is primarily on a singular plane, so it could “feel” 2 D, but then the ORT cloud is definitively spherical and 3D. Galaxies also spin to flat discs(2D again) but then if it’s spherical that could continue that pattern.

So bonus points, do you think there is a chance that JWST or similar could be seeing all the way around the sphere at the Milky Way’s birth when we see other galaxies?

That 2D/3D things is real. I know that space being curved by mass in 3 dimensions is hard to "see" in your head but the 2D idea of a bowling ball on a bed or trampoline is much easier because we can see that in real life. I get it, but explaining it is much easier in 2D.

The whole solar system on a plane and even the galaxy is real as well and causes confusion. To be fair to Mac he is hung up on the north pole being the "TOP" of the sphere because we talk about it like that and map our solar system with the perspective of the northern hemisphere being on the "TOPSIDE" of our solar system. In reality you could flip the whole thing over and it would really work exactly the same. Except that the planets would be going clockwise instead of counter-clockwise.

Quote Originally Posted by Greg View Post
    I don't understand space curvature all that much, I assumed at first it was like a sphere (balloon) as you described, and in some ways it is explained that way. Especially with galaxies moving away from each other like raisins in rising bread or dots on an expanding balloon.

But I often see a saddle-shaped description of the curved flatness.

In any case I believe that light would travel along the curves of space much like it does along the curves from gravity around massive objects. So we can see to the other side of the "balloon" not by seeing through the middle but by seeing through space around that curve.

Space curvature is not something I have given much attention. I am currently watching "The Great Courses" on Time by Sean Carroll of the California Institute of Technology. He has a great one on the Higgs.

I definitely believe in a finite universe both in size and time. I don't know what the edge of the universe might be like, would you bounce off of the edge of space? We are so entrenched in space and time that we really can't imagine there not being space or time.

That 2D/3D things is real. I know that space being curved by mass in 3 dimensions is hard to "see" in your head but the 2D idea of a bowling ball on a bed or trampoline is much easier because we can see that in real life. I get it, but explaining it is much easier in 2D.

The whole solar system on a plane and even the galaxy is real as well and causes confusion. To be fair to Mac he is hung up on the north pole being the "TOP" of the sphere because we talk about it like that and map our solar system with the perspective of the northern hemisphere being on the "TOPSIDE" of our solar system. In reality you could flip the whole thing over and it would really work exactly the same. Except that the planets would be going clockwise instead of counter-clockwise.
    That’s part of what I like about a completely convexly spherical curved universe…. There is no edge, just like there is no edge to the Earth.
    Sean Carroll is great, I like a lot of his stuff and he does a great job of making things “digestible” by mortals like us. I have a LOT of interest in astrophysics and cosmology, and I have “some” aptitude but almost no classical training. My understanding is the math required to understand a lot of it to be “fleeting” and even my historical knowledge was lacking.

So one of the things that really clicked in my mind was that Gravity changes what a straight, parallel line means. An Orbit is a straight path; the path isn’t a circle; the space a body travels through is round. In much the same way, light travels straight through bent or curved space time. Taking this to the extreme, it is theoretically possible to see all the way around a sphere and look at the back of your head if gravity is strong enough. To the light, it would be a straight path.

Try thinking about 5 dimensions. That hurts your brain. Thinking of time as the 4th dimension makes sense to me, but considering a 5th dimension breaks my brain. Check out Riemann Manifolds and wrap your noodle around that for a minute if you are bored…

That’s part of what I like about a completely convexly spherical curved universe…. There is no edge, just like there is no edge to the Earth.
    Sean Carroll is great, I like a lot of his stuff and he does a great job of making things “digestible” by mortals like us. I have a LOT of interest in astrophysics and cosmology, and I have “some” aptitude but almost no classical training. My understanding is the math required to understand a lot of it to be “fleeting” and even my historical knowledge was lacking.

So one of the things that really clicked in my mind was that Gravity changes what a straight, parallel line means. An Orbit is a straight path; the path isn’t a circle; the space a body travels through is round. In much the same way, light travels straight through bent or curved space time. Taking this to the extreme, it is theoretically possible to see all the way around a sphere and look at the back of your head if gravity is strong enough. To the light, it would be a straight path.

Try thinking about 5 dimensions. That hurts your brain. Thinking of time as the 4th dimension makes sense to me, but considering a 5th dimension breaks my brain. Check out Riemann Manifolds and wrap your noodle around that for a minute if you are bored…

You are on a Plane that is in an electormagnetic dielectrical toroidal shpere, all surrounded by water at the dead center of a "universe" with all else being a void where no other life exists. We are the only show. Outside our bubble surrounded by water is no such thing as time or physical manifestation. Nothing is as far as you are told, and Gravity does not exist (Theres no possible constant "G" in a constantly expanding universe), JWT pics are fake, just CGI done in Photoshop.

You are welcome. You may now proceed to still enjoy the beauty of Gods creation knowing it is much more close than explained in our time.

You are on a Plane that is in an electormagnetic dielectrical toroidal shpere, all surrounded by water at the dead center of a "universe" with all else being a void where no other life exists. We are the only show. Outside our bubble surrounded by water is no such thing as time or physical manifestation. Nothing is as far as you are told, and Gravity does not exist (Theres no possible constant "G" in a constantly expanding universe), JWT pics are fake, just CGI done in Photoshop.

You are welcome. You may now proceed to still enjoy the beauty of Gods creation knowing it is much more close than explained in our time.
    Every single word you just stated is a pure garbage nursery rhyme in your coloring book version of the Bible.

I feel very bad for you. You will learn some day, but it will be too late when your god laughs at you for being so foolish.