Page 1 of 190 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Artemis

Artemis

For those that believe that man can and has(and will soon again) land on the moon.

Artemis 1 is set to launch in a few hours.

The first mission, will fly past and around the moon uncrewed before returning my back to Earth.
    Artemis 2 will orbit the moon with a. Crew, and 3 is planned to land on the moon again. At this moment, nothing beyond 3 is funded and guaranteed, but it will be hard to imagine the program ends there.

Any interest at all?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Last edited by jonboy79; 12-16-2022 at 05:48 PM.

Mt. Arrogance in the middle of the .11 rolling acres of The Windbag Estates

Re: Artemis

I'll be interested in how it plays out.

The moon has a lot of Helium 3 which is maybe the best element/isotope for fusion energy. Mining that could be quite worthwhile. I remember reading about this a number of years ago and people were protesting mining the moon because it would ruin the natural environment. LOL.

Quote Originally Posted by Greg View Post
    I'll be interested in how it plays out.

The moon has a lot of Helium 3 which is maybe the best element/isotope for fusion energy. Mining that could be quite worthwhile. I remember reading about this a number of years ago and people were protesting mining the moon because it would ruin the natural environment. LOL.
    All this green energy hand ringing will become useless overnight if Fusion becomes a reality.

Mt. Arrogance in the middle of the .11 rolling acres of The Windbag Estates

Quote Originally Posted by jonboy79 View Post
    All this green energy hand ringing will become useless overnight if Fusion becomes a reality.

It's said that fusion has been and always will be 50 years away but they have recently managed to get more energy out of fusion reactions than was put in to start and keep them going. The real challenge now is to get that energy transferred to turbines while also taking out the "ash" or products of the fusion out so they don't prohibit the continuing reaction.

The energy comes out in neutrons which needs to be captured and the resulting He4 from the reaction needs to be continually removed. How they can get fusion to happen is amazing though. They use incredible magnetic structures to generate the heat and pressure necessary to start and maintain the fusion reaction.

In reality fission power is fine. Disposal of the waste is a challenge but it isn't the big challenge people make it out to be. They are more interested in destroying our current civilization by killing all realistic energy production to do so.

Surrounded by Cousin Eddies in Cincitucky (get me out of this HELLHOLE!)

Crazy question, as I know little about this: If they're flying around the moon, would they be able to take photos of Tranquility Base?

6. Re: Artemis

I have been following it all. Kind of fascinating.

Quote Originally Posted by TheOrioleWay View Post
    Crazy question, as I know little about this: If they're flying around the moon, would they be able to take photos of Tranquility Base?
    The moon is tidally locked(the same side faces planet earth at all times. I’m not certain that they will be making multiple orbits and it’s actually far more efficient from a fuel standpoint I’d they don’t.

But China has had an orbiter for a while that has taken all sorts of pictures of the landers and tire tracks and such.. they even landed on the far side of the moon.

For those that believe that man can and has(and will soon again) land on the moon.

Artemis 1 is set to launch in a few hours.

The first mission, will fly past and around the moon unscrewed before returning my back to Earth.
    Artemis 2 will orbit the moon with a. Crew, and 4 is planned to land on the moon again. At this moment, nothing beyond 3 is funded and guaranteed, but it will be hard to imagine the program ends there.

Any interest at all?

Do you have your ticket for your Uranus trip?

The moon is tidally locked(the same side faces planet earth at all times. I’m not certain that they will be making multiple orbits and it’s actually far more efficient from a fuel standpoint I’d they don’t.

But China has had an orbiter for a while that has taken all sorts of pictures of the landers and tire tracks and such.. they even landed on the far side of the moon.

So if there's photographic evidence of the moon landings, why isn't it used to dispel the "moon landings were fake" claims?

Quote Originally Posted by TheOrioleWay View Post
    So if there's photographic evidence of the moon landings, why isn't it used to dispel the "moon landings were fake" claims?
    Much like the photographic evidence of a spherical Earth, those that choose to believe silly things are unencumbered by facts to the contrary. ,

Much like the photographic evidence of a spherical Earth, those that choose to believe silly things are unencumbered by facts to the contrary. ,

I suppose that's the case.

I'm still baffled at the number of people that think it was fake. A few weeks ago, I saw a guy at the gym with a shirt on that had the NASA logo, with "LIARS" in place of NASA. So later that day, I opened my big mouth while getting a haircut, making fun of the guy's shirt at the gym and it turns out, my barber also believes this nonsense! So now I'm getting a breathless, 20 minute dissertation on why the only reason America got credit for the manned moon landings instead of Russia is because we had Hollywood and they didn't, blah, blah, blah............................

If you want a fun movie to watch about the moon landing stuff, Moonwalkers is very entertaining

Sent from my SM-A526U using Tapatalk
    “I'm the best there is, the best there was, and the best there ever will be.” - Bret Hart