Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Blog Entries

Victor Davis Hanson discusses what has happened to California

2. Re: Victor Davis Hanson discusses what has happened to California

Quote Originally Posted by CarrollCoRaven View Post
    Love this guy and I can't offhand think of any one person who I agree with every single time, on every single subject as him. Haven't listened to this yet, so I'll go see if his record stays intact......I have a feeling he'll still be batting 1.000

Blog Entries

Re: Victor Davis Hanson discusses what has happened to California

Quote Originally Posted by blueridgemtnman View Post
    Love this guy and I can't offhand think of any one person who I agree with every single time, on every single subject as him. Haven't listened to this yet, so I'll go see if his record stays intact......I have a feeling he'll still be batting 1.000
    Yep, just watched another one with him talking about the 2022 election. He is excellent and hopeful about the country's future.

.https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bB4gnbxcHvE

Blog Entries

San Diego has come up with a brilliant idea to keep people from moving out of California.

San Diego plotting to tax drivers 'into submission' with new highway mileage toll.

https://www.foxbusiness.com/energy/s...y-mileage-toll

5. Re: Victor Davis Hanson discusses what has happened to California

Reminds me of the "exit tax" they had (maybe still do?) up in Jersey. Knew a few people from there and they taxed you to leave. I believe that when you sold a house there, you had to buy another one w/in a certain time, in Jersey. If not, they effectively taxed you to leave.

"New Jersey residents who sell their New Jersey home and move outside of this state are considered nonresidents for the purpose of the sale. New Jersey may require an estimated tax payment at closing, and the seller will need to file a nonresident tax return to report any gain or loss."
    Last edited by blueridgemtnman; 01-28-2023 at 10:50 AM.

The Peoples Republic of California is nothing more then a social experiment. Look no further to see the result of what a American democrat liberal agenda is and it's effects on a population. More people are leaving there then any other state in the country. Good news/bad news..........most will not come to Maryland, Maryland is almost as bad as the PRC.

Quote Originally Posted by blueridgemtnman View Post
    Reminds me the "exit tax" they had (maybe still do?) up in Jersey. Knew a few people from there and they taxed you to leave. I believe that when you sold a house there, you had to buy another one w/in a certain time, in Jersey. If not, they effectively taxed you to leave.

"New Jersey residents who sell their New Jersey home and move outside of this state are considered nonresidents for the purpose of the sale. New Jersey may require an estimated tax payment at closing, and the seller will need to file a nonresident tax return to report any gain or loss."
    They have a similar tax in Maryland. I know someone who was "taxed". What they did was they had two homes, one in Delaware and one here. They used their Delaware home ( 2nd home) as their main residence to avoid paying Maryland taxes. Maryland didn't look to kindly on that and when they sold their Maryland home they were slammed.....don't remember what the percentage was but it was steep.

I too will be leaving Maryland, I have a place in Delaware too. But lesson learned, I will wait till I move permanently. My property taxes in Delaware? $330 a year! Was told by my neighbor that once I live there for two years I can apply for a senior citizens discount........LOLOLOL I pay over 10x that amount in Maryland.
    Last edited by ThankyouArt!; 01-28-2023 at 10:43 AM.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by ThankyouArt! View Post
    They have a similar tax in Maryland. I know someone who was "taxed". What they did was they had two homes, one in Delaware and one here. They used their Delaware home ( 2nd home) as their main residence to avoid paying Maryland taxes. Maryland didn't look to kindly on that and when they sold their Maryland home they were slammed.....don't remember what the percentage was but it was steep.

I too will be leaving Maryland, I have a place in Delaware too. But lesson learned, I will wait till I move permanently. My property taxes in Delaware? $330 a year! Was told by my neighbor that once I live there for two years I can apply for a senior citizens discount........LOLOLOL I pay over 10x that amount in Maryland.
    Real estate taxes n DE are one of, if not the lowest in the country. No sales tax either. I'm surprised Joe B. didn't F that up.

Real estate taxes n DE are one of, if not the lowest in the country. No sales tax either. I'm surprised Joe B. didn't F that up.
    Yup low taxes and easy gun laws! How is De a Blue state? Lol

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Laxdad24 View Post
    Yup low taxes and easy gun laws! How is De a Blue state? Lol

Wilmington.

Wilmington.
    As with any “city” …they all suck .hell even Salisbury is dangerous and gang filled

Gotta stick to “lower/slower “ lol anything north of Sussex county and I’m out

12. Re: Victor Davis Hanson discusses what has happened to California

Quote Originally Posted by ThankyouArt! View Post
    The Peoples Republic of California is nothing more then a social experiment. Look no further to see the result of what a American democrat liberal agenda is and it's effects on a population. More people are leaving there then any other state in the country. Good news/bad news..........most will not come to Maryland, Maryland is almost as bad as the PRC.
    They scatter all over, like cockroaches. Look for their Gov to be on the top of the Dem ticket in 2024.