Page 5 of 19 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast

Re: Is Chuck Clark needed? Or is he just in the way?

Quote Originally Posted by wickedsolo View Post
    After they drafted Hamilton, I thought they'd try to move him.

A lot of folks here never gave Chuck the credit he deserve. Is Chuck Ed Reed? Hell no, but he's consistent and solid. He's also a leader on and off the field and he is one of the smartest players in the locker room.

I'm glad the Ravens kept him. I hope they try and keep him next year as well.
    I kinda hope they can get a pick for him and move on. I like Chuck and he is a good player but at this point I doubt with Hamilton, Williams and Stone he see the field as much next year. I’d prefer the pick and give Chuckn an oppportunity to start somewhere else

Quote Originally Posted by Mmcclend View Post
    We all know you’re right but that’s bullshit. Clark should be the one on the bench. Hamilton and Stone have earned those snaps bro.
    I agree. I wanted Stone to see more snaps last year.

I have never been chuck clark fan, very average player.

But that is most likely not happening. I think Clark is a harbaugh favorite no matter who bad he plays.

Quote Originally Posted by Mmcclend View Post
    100%. There’s no chance EDC only picks 6 times. Do we get any comp picks?
    I saw one of the reporters post something like week ago that next draft will be first time either ever or years where Ravens will not have any comp picks.

Do not know why, do not know if its accurate but I remember someone posting it around the time Smith got traded for.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by ravensfan7716 View Post
    I saw one of the reporters post something like week ago that next draft will be first time either ever or years where Ravens will not have any comp picks.

Do not know why, do not know if its accurate but I remember someone posting it around the time Smith got traded for.
    correct, because they signed 2 FA's - Moses and Williams, that count against the formula due to multi year contracts

World Domination 3 Points at a Time!

Quote Originally Posted by The Excellector View Post
    Chuck Clark would be a lot better if he had hands.
    Now there's a weird mental picture.

I guess mentioning Shaquem Griffin is in bad taste?
    "That's what."
    — She

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Shas View Post
    Now there's a weird mental picture.

I guess mentioning Shaquem Griffin is in bad taste?

7. Re: Is Chuck Clark needed? Or is he just in the way?

Quote Originally Posted by ravensfan7716 View Post

Didn't have any in 2017, did not go further back to find other years.
    Shared Google Folder with Ravens spreadsheets, nextGen charts, and more! Please share my content! (attribution to Twitter requested)

Knight of the Kingdom of Perfect Play, Student of The Bill James School of Stamping Out Bullshit. Main Sources: PFR, particularly the Play Index; for cap stuff, RSR's Brian McFarland (secondary: OverTheCap, Spotrac)

Quote Originally Posted by Captain Silver View Post
    So much for worrying about bad taste.
    "That's what."
    — She

Quote Originally Posted by ArgentinaRaven View Post
    Stone
    Stone has been terrific.

Quote Originally Posted by Ravenswintitle View Post
    or the PI that negated an interception
    that was a very bad call and if you were listening to the Manning cast they both didn't agree with the call.

Quote Originally Posted by BcRaven View Post
    Mac, maybe we release Clark in the off-season, but not now. At season's start, if we thought that way, could we foresee M. Wms getting injured? No, so we were happy to have the veteran Clark, with a developing rookie in Hamilton, and 7th round pick (G. Stone in 2020) who was basically a bench-warmer. Don't worry, I'll bet MMac will know what to do with those four when the time comes... Bc
    Clark is under contract next season and we save about 3m by trading or cutting him. I could absolutely see us releasing him, but believe we will try and trade him first. That being said, he probably has more value to us than other teams.

Quote Originally Posted by Shas View Post
    I'm a little surprised by some shade thrown Chuck's way around here lately. Not that I am a big fan. I kind of saw him as a Ben Powers type. Invisible at first, got better as he played, but no one is talking HOF with either.

I wonder what his value is?

The Panthers signed safety Xavier Woods this year to a three-year $15M deal and that is projected to net the Vikings a sixth round pick next year. Safety Jordan Whitehead got a two-year $14M deal with the Jets and I'm seeing it projected to be worth a fifth rounder next year for the Bucs.

At best, maybe the Ravens get a fifth round comp pick for Chuck in '24? It won't replace the fifth rounder they gave up for Roquan in '23. At best gives them an extra pick in '24 that could embolden them to trade a '24 pick to move up or get an extra pick in '23, where I think they are only slotted for five as it stands. Maybe Marcus Peters also nets them a '24 comp pick if he isn't brought back.
    he's under contract next year. What I'm saying is if you release him you can't get a comp pick. That is only for unrestricted free agents.