Page 3 of 19 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Re: Is Chuck Clark needed? Or is he just in the way?

Quote Originally Posted by ravens82 View Post
    When Williams comes back and shows he's 100%, we might see less of Clark. Until then, he'll be there, probably wearing the dot. There's a reason they gave him extra money to stick around: https://www.baltimoreravens.com/news...ct-restructure
    I’m not saying take him off the field now. I’m saying when Williams comes back who’s snaps are going to get cut? Williams, Hamilton, and Stone have all outplayed Clark this season.

Quote Originally Posted by BcRaven View Post
    Mac, maybe we release Clark in the off-season, but not now. At season's start, if we thought that way, could we foresee M. Wms getting injured? No, so we were happy to have the veteran Clark, with a developing rookie in Hamilton, and 7th round pick (G. Stone in 2020) who was basically a bench-warmer. Don't worry, I'll bet MMac will know what to do with those four when the time comes... Bc
    I feel you. The only reason why I don’t think it’s a good problem to have is because Clark wears the green dot so he HAS to be out there. To me, that will just slow down the development of Stone and Hamilton who are both younger, better, ascending players. That’s what I don’t want to happen.

They are not going to take the green dot away from him mid season, bye or not, that's not how they operate.

Now, share it with another player? It would probably make a lot of sense moving forward because I can see the Ravens trading him in the offseason and he will probably see a reduction in snaps with Roquan, Hamilton improving and Williams eventually returning. Having said that, I'm not sure Roquan is the answer for the green dot just yet. Not only is he learning the system, he is also and for now, just a rental.
    It ain't pretty, but it's us.
    AND I'M HERE FOR IT ALL, BABY.

We were getting healthier...

Quote Originally Posted by Shas View Post
    I'm a little surprised by some shade thrown Chuck's way around here lately. Not that I am a big fan. I kind of saw him as a Ben Powers type. Invisible at first, got better as he played, but no one is talking HOF with either.

I wonder what his value is?

The Panthers signed safety Xavier Woods this year to a three-year $15M deal and that is projected to net the Vikings a sixth round pick next year. Safety Jordan Whitehead got a two-year $14M deal with the Jets and I'm seeing it projected to be worth a fifth rounder next year for the Bucs.

At best, maybe the Ravens get a fifth round comp pick for Chuck in '24? It won't replace the fifth rounder they gave up for Roquan in '23. At best gives them an extra pick in '24 that could embolden them to trade a '24 pick to move up or get an extra pick in '23, where I think they are only slotted for five as it stands. Maybe Marcus Peters also nets them a '24 comp pick if he isn't brought back.
    I'm with you. In my opinion he's an unspectacular but solid player, that's good enough to be at least a high end backup. No reason to shit on the guy because of a small fuckup in a game that was out of reach. I see him traded after the season for cap reasons and our talent at the position, but for now I'm happy he's on the team

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Shas View Post
    I'm a little surprised by some shade thrown Chuck's way around here lately. Not that I am a big fan. I kind of saw him as a Ben Powers type. Invisible at first, got better as he played, but no one is talking HOF with either.

I wonder what his value is?

The Panthers signed safety Xavier Woods this year to a three-year $15M deal and that is projected to net the Vikings a sixth round pick next year. Safety Jordan Whitehead got a two-year $14M deal with the Jets and I'm seeing it projected to be worth a fifth rounder next year for the Bucs.

At best, maybe the Ravens get a fifth round comp pick for Chuck in '24? It won't replace the fifth rounder they gave up for Roquan in '23. At best gives them an extra pick in '24 that could embolden them to trade a '24 pick to move up or get an extra pick in '23, where I think they are only slotted for five as it stands. Maybe Marcus Peters also nets them a '24 comp pick if he isn't brought back.
    Ravens 2023 NFL Draft Picks
    1 - Ravens’ own pick
    3 - Ravens’ own pick
    4 - Ravens’ own pick
    5 - Ravens’ own pick
    6 - Ravens’ own pick

... Bc

Quote Originally Posted by Valhain View Post
    They are not going to take the green dot away from him mid season, bye or not, that's not how they operate.

Now, share it with another player? It would probably make a lot of sense moving forward because I can see the Ravens trading him in the offseason and he will probably see a reduction in snaps with Roquan, Hamilton Improving and Williams eventually returning. Having said that, I'm not sure Roquan is the answer for the green dot just yet. Not only is he learning the system, he is also and for now, just a rental.
    This is a good point but shouldn’t they find out if Roquan can handle that role before deciding on whether to resign him or not?

Quote Originally Posted by BcRaven View Post
    Ravens 2023 NFL Draft Picks
    1 - Ravens’ own pick
    3 - Ravens’ own pick
    4 - Ravens’ own pick
    5 - Ravens’ own pick
    6 - Ravens’ own pick

... Bc
    Damn, our draft is going to be boring af. Lol

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Ravensblitzkrieg View Post
    Told y’all before the season started he was a JAG. I was done with him after the Miami game if I recall the TE caught a jump ball in the endzone and chuck Clark could have shoved him out of bounds before he landed, instead he just stood there and looked. This past Sunday I think he clearly gave up on the play.

If I’m not mistaken he asked to be traded before the season and was unhappy to not get a new contract. Not sure if he ended up getting it but that sticks out to me.

I was never a big fan. He's ok, but not a difference maker. I thought they were going to move on from him once they signed Williams and drafted Hamilton.
    "We're not changing anything." -John Harbaugh

Quote Originally Posted by Mmcclend View Post
    This is a good point but shouldn’t they find out if Roquan can handle that role before deciding on whether to resign him or not?
    Short answer, No. Based on the fact that he already has worn it, I'm pretty sure they know he's capable. Also, Macdonald's defense is probably a little less complicated than Wink's was. I think IF they decide to resign Roquan to a new deal, the offseason is the time to do that transition. The defense is playing much better and even if CC is the weak link, he's got to get some credit for being the field general during the improvement. I'm not a fan of taking Geno or Hamilton off the field either, so I get the reasoning. The question becomes are we creating a different problem by taking him off the field?

Quote Originally Posted by Mmcclend View Post
    We are at the bye. His football IQ is through the charts. But say you’re right. Who are you taking off the field when Williams is back?

Geno Stone. He's played well in Williams absence but I don't think The Ravens have any reason to take Clark off the field. Clark has played solid so far this year to me and he's one of The Ravens defensive leaders. He's really intelligent and the one that we all know handles the calls along with making sure everyone is the right position at times on the field. I don't think Hamilton, Smith or Stone are ready to do what Clark does for this defense just yet. The Ravens use their safeties a lot any way so it's not a big deal once Williams returns.

Roquan is the guy you try to keep at ease.
    Roquan's continuity collides with Clark's, Chuck becomes less indispensable, his 2 virtues: green point and running game are replaced by players of better quality (Roquan, Hamilton) or cheaper (Stone, Stephens), Williams is the the only one for which there is no replacement.
    that's why I see him somewhere else in 2023, if he stays I'll be happy, but I prefer Roquan

Blog Entries

He's an okay player, definitely not a guy that needs to be out there every down, but that said, the defense is kind of on a roll relatively so I don't know that I expect them to make any significant changes at this time, especially when it comes to the guy relaying the calls and such. That's not to say I wouldn't, but as someone else said, the team doesn't operate that way.
    back on twitter

"Well that was an appropriate last ride for Pees. A Bengals WR streaking in for a game winning touchdown in the closing minutes is the man’s preferred medium to express his art." - GreenWave52