Page 18 of 19 FirstFirst ... 16171819 LastLast

Re: Is Chuck Clark needed? Or is he just in the way?

Quote Originally Posted by Greg View Post
    Nonsense. He got paid early. He was paid before the team had to. In exchange for getting paid early and getting a nice signing bonus in the process he signed a team friendly deal. The Ravens took a chance he would continue to get better, which he did. It paid off for the Ravens and it will pay off for Clark. And it already has. Clark got money he may have never seen if he had torn a knee up or something similar.

The Ravens did a similar deal with Bowser that worked for the team. They also did a similar deal with Tavon Young that DID NOT!

Clark outplayed his deal which means his next one will be better. But he got paid early. That's the trade off.
    That's about as simple and succinct as it can be put. The only caveat I will add is that while he did play to the deal and got incrementally better, if he had shown the playmaking ability of Earl or Marcus or Kyle, those guys would not have been added. Super smart and savvy but athletically limited. He was a good player for us and I wish him well. Guys have to use whatever they can to keep the chip on their shoulder. I think he'll do about as well in NY as he did here...solid but not special.

It’s all part of the game. It’s a sport, sort of, but above all, it’s a business. Far what it’s worth — nothing — I’m a Chuck Clark fan.

Blog Entries

Safety Chuck Clark, who was dealt to the New York Jets in March after six seasons in Baltimore, rankled some Ravens fans earlier this week when he told reporters, “I was ready to get out of there” in response to a question about the trade. Clark went on to say he felt disrespected by the Ravens. Look, sometimes the business of football intervenes and it creates hard feelings. Last offseason, Clark believed he was going to get a new contract from Baltimore as he had already outplayed a team-friendly deal. The Ravens made clear to his agent that they were open to the idea. The Ravens love Clark, a Day 3 draft pick who won a roster spot on special teams and then became a four-year starter and the defensive signal caller. However, two unexpected opportunities for Baltimore to solidify itself at the safety position emerged. Marcus Williams’ free-agent market wasn’t as significant as expected, spurring the Ravens, who hadn’t originally planned a run at the former New Orleans Saint, to enter the mix. Hamilton then fell and was available to them at pick 14 in 2022, becoming the classic Baltimore best-player-available selection. The Ravens are in the business of improving their team, and they felt Marcus Williams and Hamilton did that. You can’t blame them there. But you can’t blame Clark, either, for not being happy about how it all went down. He had a house in Baltimore and a growing family. In a few months, he went from believing he’d remain there for years to come to knowing that 2022 would almost certainly be his last season as a Raven. That would be tough for anyone to swallow. Clark is one of the best late-round draft choices in team history. He was a solid performer on the field and an accountable team leader in the locker room. Even though he was clearly miffed at the team decision-makers last year and had demanded a trade following the Hamilton pick, Clark showed up to the voluntary workouts and was a great teammate throughout. He’s a total pro and his comments this week don’t change that.

World Domination 3 Points at a Time!

Blog Entries

The team needed game changers at the safety position. Something Clark is not.

Quote Originally Posted by Captain Silver View Post

The team needed game changers at the safety position. Something Clark is not.
    Basically lol

Blog Entries

Clark should be thankful for all that life has given him. A 6th round draft choice (2017) who stuck and improved to the point where the Jets gave him IIRC a 3 year contract worth $16.5 million. That seems damn good for a player who the Cap'n rightfully wrote is not a game changer. 28 years old, healthy enough that in his Ravens days he only missed 2 games out of 98 (if my math is correct). I'd advise, "Chuck don't look at the Ravens with any animosity or distain. View your years in Baltimore as the years you developed to the point of a decent contract in N.Y."

Thanks for your Ravens service, but Hamilton, Williams, and Stone look to be a strong trio without you... Bc

Quote Originally Posted by BcRaven View Post
    Clark should be thankful for all that life has given him. A 6th round draft choice (2017) who stuck and improved to the point where the Jets gave him IIRC a 3 year contract worth $16.5 million. That seems damn good for a player who the Cap'n rightfully wrote is not a game changer. 28 years old, healthy enough that in his Ravens days he only missed 2 games out of 98 (if my math is correct). I'd advise, "Chuck don't look at the Ravens with any animosity or distain. View your years in Baltimore as the years you developed to the point of a decent contract in N.Y."

Thanks for your Ravens service, but Hamilton, Williams, and Stone look to be a strong trio without you... Bc
    Ravens gave him a nice contract too

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Doesn’t make him “disrespected”. And how “team-friendly” is 3/$15m for a Chuck Clark level player?

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by moose10101 View Post
    Doesn’t make him “disrespected”. And how “team-friendly” is 3/$15m for a Chuck Clark level player?
    The minute a player throws disrespected around, I am done. He did not feel disrespected when he cashed that check now, did he?

Damn Chuck. Not a fan but get well soon.

The New York Jets appear to have been dealt a tough blow to their defense.

Veteran safety Chuck Clark suffered a potentially serious knee injury during practice, according to The Athletic's Zack Rosenblatt. He's seeking a second opinion, but "it doesn't look great," Rosenblatt added.

Mt. Arrogance in the middle of the .11 rolling acres of The Windbag Estates

Quote Originally Posted by Mmcclend View Post
    Damn Chuck. Not a fan but get well soon.

The New York Jets appear to have been dealt a tough blow to their defense.

Veteran safety Chuck Clark suffered a potentially serious knee injury during practice, according to The Athletic's Zack Rosenblatt. He's seeking a second opinion, but "it doesn't look great," Rosenblatt added.
    Well that just sucks ass. He is never going to make that huge money at his position and his play level, but a nice solid career of several years would have been nice. I hope he can recover and get 4-5 good years in.

If he is careful he can go the rest of his life on what he has made but it would be nice to have more than that. I wonder how he would do in the TV or radio booth.

Blog Entries

Report: Jets fear serious knee injury for Chuck Clark :

https://profootballtalk.nbcsports.co...r-chuck-clark/

" The team fears safety Chuck Clark seriously injured his knee in practice this week, Zack Rosenblatt of TheAthletic.com reports. Clark is undergoing further medical testing and seeking a second opinion. "

Get well soon, Chuck... Bc