Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Re: 8 years of cooling???

Quote Originally Posted by HoustonRaven View Post
    Since we've hijacked the other thread, Id thought Id bring it back this way.

So speaking of NASA being taken as gospil, I am not sure why you keep harping on them as being the authority since even they do not seem to agree. If it's such fact as you claim, why all the debate at NASA?
    Thanks for the links....here is what they say:

STEVE INSKEEP: One thing that's been mentioned that NASA is perhaps not spending as much money as it could on is studying climate change, global warming, from space. Are you concerned about global warming?

MICHAEL GRIFFIN: I am aware that global warming -- I'm aware that global warming exists. I understand that the bulk of scientific evidence accumulated supports the claim that we've had about a one degree centigrade rise in temperature over the last century to within an accuracy of 20 percent. I'm also aware of recent findings that appear to have nailed down -- pretty well nailed down the conclusion that much of that is manmade. Whether that is a long term concern or not, I can't say.

Griffin's comments immediately drew stunned reaction from James Hansen, NASA's top climate scientist at the Goddard Institute for Space Studies in New York.

"It's an incredibly arrogant and ignorant statement," Hansen told ABC News. "It indicates a complete ignorance of understanding the implications of climate change."

Hansen believes Griffin's comments fly in the face of well-established scientific knowledge that hundreds of NASA scientists have contributed to.

"It's unbelievable," said Hansen. "I thought he had been misquoted. It's so unbelievable."

Several other NASA climate scientists contacted by ABC News echoed Hansen's comments, saying an overwhelming majority of their colleagues believe global warming is an urgent issue that society should be addressing. The scientists asked that their names not be used because they did not want to jeopardize their careers.

Do you support the theory of human-induced global warming HR? I was thinking the whole time you were on the denial side. My bad. I think we belive the same thing afterall...or that is at least what it appears like from your links.

Funny thing about this debate.
    The funny thing is that it really isn't a debate

You're right Galen. Maybe I do need to dig a little deeper.
    Thanks for conceding that point.

What I think is INCREDIBLY ARROGANT
    is Hames Hansen's statements. Basically he is saying that he knows the world is going to end due to manmade global warming. I think he is THE ONLY person I've ever heard go that far.

All Griffen said was that he wasn't sure... And Hansen Fires back with a VENGENCE. I wonder who fills his bank account with Bills? I bet it has somethign to do with Carbon Offset Credits....

Oy.

I NEVER, not even once, said global warming isnt happening. Its been documented by the 4 leading climate research organizations. I have even linked to them myself earlier in this thread.

What I have said and upwards of 31,000 other climate researchers are also saying is what impact, if any, man has towards it. Hell, I would be screaming to the hilltops that man-made global warming is indeed as dangerous as the left makes it out to be if I had a fat-cat like Soros giving me millions.

Nice try though reading into my argument. Definitely fits the narrow argument you've been making.

Here is an interesting site where you can trend the number on a warming pattern. If you play with the years you can make it seem like we are cooling because of the warming in the 30's and 40's and the cooling in the late 70's and the early 80's. However all you have to do is fly across country to see how much environmental issues effect us. FYI when the world has a large volcano it tends to coll.http://www.ncdc.noaa.gov/oa/climate/...h/cag3/md.html

PD101,

Thanks but I dont think anyone is claiming that the environment isnt in flux. What we are debating is man's contribution to that flux (if any).

And I travel all across the country (sometimes, the world) for my job and if a laymans eyes were indeed proof, I'd have to say we're doing just fine.

Remember, the same folks that tried to sell us on global cooling in the 70's and 80's are the same ones trying to sell man-made global warming. Me personally, I happen to think that bright ball of fire in the sky has more to do with it then the minute amount of co2 (a natural gas that is needed for all life on this planet) we spit out.