W scores points?

I must admit, this mornings presser was the first time in 4 years I actually give the Prez some props. Here is a link from Politico ....

http://www.politico.com/news/stories/0708/11758.html

I cannot remember a time in the last 15 or so years when a politician from either party actually said the people are smart enough to make up their own minds. To top it off, he admitted that a President cant do dick when it comes to the price of oil.

As a Reagan conservative, I gave up on Dubya quite sometime ago and this mornings presser will most likely be his last.

Re: W scores points?

Oops ... meant to post this in the political forum ... sorry about that!

Shouldn't this be in the political forum.
    Master of 'Gifs for dummies'

"The world called for wetwork, and we answered. No greater good. No just cause." - Kazuhira Miller

we need admin to moveon, I mean move it.
    "Nothing stops these Baltimore Ravens. Beat them, injure them, shove them to the bottom of the standings, drag them into a hostile environment and mount a big lead, and they just keep trudging forward like nothing fazes them." (Bleacher Report)

Truly anytime the guy opens his mouth and doesn't somehow offend the rest of the world, I think he should score points.

I had an epiphany though yesterday when I realized that Bush supported the research that to date creates the most convincing case for human-induced global warming.

http://www.climatescience.gov/Librar...-final-all.pdf

The fact that he has the nuts to stand up to the right wing global warming denial industry blows my mind...for real. I need to read into it further to be sure I am reading it right but the research completed in the above link comes from what seems to be a Bush-led initiative to get to the truth about global climate. Kudos to Georgie!

Mt. Arrogance in the middle of the .11 rolling acres of The Windbag Estates

. . . right wing global warming denial industry blows my mind . . .
    We don't deny global warming, we just deny man is the chief cause or even has more than a minimal impact. Natural reasons are the cause, such as sun activity. We can show this because of the SEVERAL times we know the earth has been MUCH warmer.

Did you know the sun gets brighter as time goes on as well? Did you know CO2 levels are, geologically speaking, at their historic lows? As the sun has grown brighter CO2 levels have lessened as if by design to keep the earth in a consistent temperature zone. Fact is, CO2 levels can't go much lower or the plant population will be in danger.

I know you don't hear about that but eons ago the earth had a LOT more CO2 in the atmosphere.

Quote Originally Posted by Greg View Post
    We don't deny global warming, we just deny man is the chief cause or even has more than a minimal impact. Natural reasons are the cause, such as sun activity. We can show this because of the SEVERAL times we know the earth has been MUCH warmer.

Did you know the sun gets brighter as time goes on as well? Did you know CO2 levels are, geologically speaking, at their historic lows? As the sun has grown brighter CO2 levels have lessened as if by design to keep the earth in a consistent temperature zone. Fact is, CO2 levels can't go much lower or the plant population will be in danger.

I know you don't hear about that but eons ago the earth had a LOT more CO2 in the atmosphere.
    I hear those points but I have spent the better part of the past two weeks researching the crap out of climate change. I have read for hours and some of the reading was very tedious. If you want to read what I consider two of the better designed research methodologies see the following two links. They are completed by NASA and NOAA. The study by NOAA in the second link comes with the seal of the Dept of Energy and the Department of the President of the United States. It is hard to dispute these studies as partisan politics.

They both strongly support the notion of Global Warming AND Human-Induced Global Warming. I think it is the real deal.

http://earthobservatory.nasa.gov/Stu...mperature.html

http://www.climatescience.gov/Librar...-final-all.pdf