Thread: Wow!

Mt. Arrogance in the middle of the .11 rolling acres of The Windbag Estates

Wow!

I was looking up a quote from Jamie Raskin, a complete dumbass MD congressman when I was reading this article and saw this:

“They’re tactical nukes — they’re just bigger versions of what a conventional attack would be,” said Neil deGrasse Tyson, a Harvard-trained scientist and “science communicator.”
    Now I know many are big fans of deGrasse Tyson. I am not, but I generally don't say anything about him but in this case the man, who so many think is brilliant, is just a plain left loon. Bigger versions of a conventional attack? Are you serious? Well, yes, that is true. Except that a battlefield nuclear exchange could easily escalate, especially with the morons running the federal government right now, into a larger exchange.

And by the way Mr. Science Communicator, you do understand that even tactical nuclear weapons in Ukraine could make that land useless for farming for the foreseeable future and they grow a lot of the food for the world.

If you have high regard for deGrass Tyson you should reconsider. He is much more of a TV personality than he is a well thought physicist.

And Raskin is an idiot.

Blog Entries

Re: Wow!

Quote Originally Posted by Greg View Post
    I was looking up a quote from Jamie Raskin, a complete dumbass MD congressman when I was reading this article and saw this:

Now I know many are big fans of deGrasse Tyson. I am not, but I generally don't say anything about him but in this case the man, who so many think is brilliant, is just a plain left loon. Bigger versions of a conventional attack? Are you serious? Well, yes, that is true. Except that a battlefield nuclear exchange could easily escalate, especially with the morons running the federal government right now, into a larger exchange.

And by the way Mr. Science Communicator, you do understand that even tactical nuclear weapons in Ukraine could make that land useless for farming for the foreseeable future and they grow a lot of the food for the world.

If you have high regard for deGrass Tyson you should reconsider. He is much more of a TV personality than he is a well thought physicist.

And Raskin is an idiot.
    I'm not a physicist, so I have no idea if he's a good one, but rumor has it he is.

Outside of that, I think anything I've ever heard from Tyson is utter garbage. This is in line with that.

Mt. Arrogance in the middle of the .11 rolling acres of The Windbag Estates

Quote Originally Posted by NCRAVEN View Post
    I'm not a physicist, so I have no idea if he's a good one, but rumor has it he is.

Outside of that, I think anything I've ever heard from Tyson is utter garbage. This is in line with that.
    Let me clarify that. There is physics, and then there is philosophy. When you are studying the world from a physics perspective you are studying how things work from the big to the very, very small. He is likely brilliant in his understanding of that, though the real brilliant physicists are those that work in the theoretical area and then the experimental area to prove/disprove those in the theoretical. Figuring out how to prove theories regarding material at the elementary level (quarks and such) often takes as much brilliance as the theorizing. I have no idea how involved he is in things like this. Understanding physics and developing new ideas from that knowledge then figuring how to prove and disprove are different.

That said, none of that I take contention with him on. He is far more skilled and knowledgeable than me in all of those, though as a layman I have a pretty good understanding.

Where I find him seriously deficient is in his philosophy that is a completely separate discipline and I would contend I understand that more than he does, but it doesn't stop him from pontificating in the area as if he knows it as well as anybody.

And that poor thinking outside the world of physics is shown brightly regarding his idiotic take on the use of tactical nuclear weapons.
    Last edited by Greg; 10-28-2022 at 10:20 AM.

Blog Entries

Not a fan of Raskins at all. Or his corrupt woke-wife.
    Disclaimer: The content posted is of my own opinion.

Quote Originally Posted by wickedsolo View Post
    Not a fan of Raskins at all. Or his corrupt woke-wife.
    He's an extremist. Makes me embarassed I'm from Maryland.

Quote Originally Posted by Greg View Post
    Let me clarify that. There is physics, and then there is philosophy. When you are studying the world from a physics perspective you are studying how things work from the big to the very, very small. He is likely brilliant in his understanding of that, though the real brilliant physicists are those that work in the theoretical area and then the experimental area to prove/disprove those in the theoretical. Figuring out how to prove theories regarding material at the elementary level (quarks and such) often takes as much brilliance as the theorizing. I have no idea how involved he is in things like this. Understanding physics and developing new ideas from that knowledge then figuring how to prove and disprove are different.

That said, none of that I take contention with him on. He is far more skilled and knowledgeable than me in all of those, though as a layman I have a pretty good understanding.

Where I find him seriously deficient is in his philosophy that is a completely separate discipline and I would contend I understand that more than he does, but it doesn't stop him from pontificating in the area as if he knows it as well as anybody.

And that poor thinking outside the world of physics is shown brightly regarding his idiotic take on the use of tactical nuclear weapons.
    He is an actor reading off a script with almost every word out of his mouth a LIE. Add him to the list of those beating the War drum, preparing the minds for more scripted shenanigans form the psychopaths in charge. Early next year, maybe March, things might get really interesting.

Tyson was not heard much from until being on TBBT. He gets into an argument with Raj .

Maryland has had the worst Congressional delegation in the country for years. And soon you will elect the worst governor in the State's history and maybe the Nation's. I grew up in Maryland, worked in state government, and I love the state. But combine him with an overwhelmingly Democrat General Assembly, and you are headed for the dark ages.
    Last edited by mikezpen; 11-02-2022 at 06:38 PM.