Page 3 of 10 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Re: The REAL Elephant in the room: 20k empty seats!

Quote Originally Posted by Cleo&Dilly View Post
    They play BORING football - why would you pay to sit through that shit - especially when they don't win. The empty seats may be the ONLY thing that grabs Biscotti's attention. That and not making the playoffs - or being one and done.

Put an exciting product on the field and the fans will come - BUILD IT AND THEY WILL COME.
    You know I think Biscotti checked out a few years ago when the political stuff came into play. I don’t think people realize that enough.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by bmorebirds_24 View Post
    You know I think Biscotti checked out a few years ago when the political stuff came into play. I don’t think people realize that enough.

Good point.

Quote Originally Posted by Terpsfan82 View Post
    Good point.
    Some will say well yea he has donated and so on but they don’t realize that’s about protecting his brand. If he wasn’t making a significant profit he would have sold them. Players will cross each other, coaches will have their battles but one thing you never hear is owners speaking out against other owners. Ever! Biscotti now views the Ravens as a business and not his favorite team.

My hope is that he sees those empty seats and the businessman in him realizes that the offense is dull to the point of repelling fans, which vastly reduces profits. Hopefully he'll put a boot up John's a$$ and get him to fire Roman so the Ravens will have a more dynamic offense (which will fill more seats).
    He fired Cam in week 14 of 2012 when the Ravens were 9-4. It's clear that Roman is a cancer holding back one of the best QBs in the league. Time for another firing. I think if the Ravens lose in TB, Roman will be outta here.

Quote Originally Posted by YoCo757 View Post
    My hope is that he sees those empty seats and the businessman in him realizes that the offense is dull to the point of repelling fans, which vastly reduces profits. Hopefully he'll put a boot up John's a$$ and get him to fire Roman so the Ravens will have a more dynamic offense (which will fill more seats).
    He fired Cam in week 14 of 2012 when the Ravens were 9-4. It's clear that Roman is a cancer holding back one of the best QBs in the league. Time for another firing. I think if the Ravens lose in TB, Roman will be outta here.
    Roman isn’t going anywhere. Harbs was in his presser today saying the offensive coaching staff deserves credit. I couldn’t listen to the entire thing but Harb was happier than a pig in shit today because we finally finished.

Harbs is a jack ass and is blinded by the win. They lose in TB it’ll be it was a tough turn around our guys were up to the challenge but that’s a good football team over there. Give them credit.

Quote Originally Posted by PGCountyRaven85 View Post
    That’s pretty amazing…that first part. They took a guy who would be the Michael Jordan or Allen Iverson of football and have him trapped in a stale gimmicky offense.

Hilarious. Michael Jordan of football....you are out of your mind

Sent from my Pixel 6 Pro using Tapatalk
    Way Down South in New Orleans

Quote Originally Posted by NOLARavenFAN View Post
    Hilarious. Michael Jordan of football....you are out of your mind

Sent from my Pixel 6 Pro using Tapatalk
    Lol yup.

I watch at home and our losses have ben so gut-wrenching, I wasn't sure I wanted to watch for free at home.

Didn’t see many browns fans in the standout
    Or around the stadium. There were a lot of empty seats at the giants game last week and they are playing well and it’s NY size fam base. I’m getting tired of the administration of the game. How long did it take to call the false start penalty at the end of the game?

10. Re: The REAL Elephant in the room: 20k empty seats!

Quote Originally Posted by YoCo757 View Post
    My hope is that he sees those empty seats and the businessman in him realizes that the offense is dull to the point of repelling fans, which vastly reduces profits.
    A few thoughts here: how many of those empty seats were sold and not used? I don't know the answer, but I suspect a lot of them were paid for. The other question I want to ask is what percentage of NFL profits still come from tickets, concessions, merch sales on game day, etc? I'd guess the majority of NFL money comes from TV deals at this point (Amazon just paid $1 billion per season for the next thirteen seasons), not to mention all the gambling money getting minted.

Roman isn’t going anywhere. Harbs was in his presser today saying the offensive coaching staff deserves credit. I couldn’t listen to the entire thing but Harb was happier than a pig in shit today because we finally finished.

Harbs is a jack ass and is blinded by the win. They lose in TB it’ll be it was a tough turn around our guys were up to the challenge but that’s a good football team over there. Give them credit.
    The only quote I can find is much more specific than just generally giving the offensive coaching staff credit. Maybe I missed something though: https://www.baltimoreravens.com/news...e-quotes-10-23
    Quote Originally Posted by JH Post-game Press Conference Transcript
    (on the fourth-down play where TE Mark Andrews was under center and pitched to QB Lamar Jackson)The brilliant brain creativity of our offensive coaching staff. I don't know which coach gets the credit for it, but we've been working on that for about a month. We've had that in for quite a while, so to see it executed ... I told the guys when they came off, 'We deserve that; we deserve that to succeed, because I've seen that take a lot of practice reps up.' Mark [Andrews] does a great job with it, and it's well blocked. It's a really great play.
    Shared Google Folder with Ravens spreadsheets, nextGen charts, and more! Please share my content! (attribution to Twitter requested)

Knight of the Kingdom of Perfect Play, Student of The Bill James School of Stamping Out Bullshit. Main Sources: PFR, particularly the Play Index; for cap stuff, RSR's Brian McFarland (secondary: OverTheCap, Spotrac)

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by RevBarnes View Post
    I watch at home and our losses have ben so gut-wrenching, I wasn't sure I wanted to watch for free at home.
    I've been attending and I'm very thankful to attend. No matter how much I moan and groan on this board, somewhere out there a family lost their home and savings from a hurricane. I get to go to a football game 8 times per year. So, no matter how much I complain on this board, I'm glad to go.

But, now that we have first world issues established here, man, it's so hard to sit through sometimes. Lol.
    "Please take with you this final sword, The Excellector. I am praying that your journey will be guided by the light", Leon Shore

Blog Entries

We won today the way John likes to win. Completely dirty and uninspiring on offense, but running the ball all day long. If Hill hadn't fumbled, Harbaugh would have no complaint at all.
    "Please take with you this final sword, The Excellector. I am praying that your journey will be guided by the light", Leon Shore