Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    Mt. Arrogance in the middle of the .11 rolling acres of The Windbag Estates

Re: $5 gas coming back

Quote Originally Posted by jonboy79 View Post
    But they likely are drawing at some pints here and there, which is a far cry from being off-grid.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    The correct term would be net overall not using the grid but occasionally dependent on it.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by SpaceCityRaven View Post
    Presidents for decades get too much blame / credit for things that they have little control over. It’s makes for good TV on the various left / right news networks but that’s about it.

Global markets and commodities that originate outside the borders of any country cannot be controlled by leaders within them. The PM here gets the same blame / credit.

You alluded to this yourself earlier in the thread.

And I’ve already been in a few snowstorms and the car was a dream. Low center of gravity and snow tires made driving a breeze. Got a Rivian waiting for me when we get to the US and it too will handle the snow no problem.
    It looks like your Rivian is being recalled. https://news.yahoo.com/rivian-recall...162200827.html
    Seems like all electric vehicles are being recalled for something. I know just about all Teslas have been for one thing after another. No thanks. I'll wait till they improve the quality and reliability and range.

Quote Originally Posted by CarrollCoRaven View Post
    It looks like your Rivian is being recalled. https://news.yahoo.com/rivian-recall...162200827.html
    Seems like all electric vehicles are being recalled for something. I know just about all Teslas have been for one thing after another. No thanks. I'll wait till they improve the quality and reliability and range.
    The industry really needs a different word other than ‘recall’ for EV’s.

Overwhelming majority of the time, the issue is fixed with an over the air software update. You don’t even know you’ve had a recall until you check the app or the screen in the car and notice the new update.

The three years I’ve had a Tesla, I’ve had three recalls, all three issues fixed with a software update. By comparison, my previous car was a 2015 BMW X5, which had two recalls, both of which required a service appointment, leaving me without a car for a week each time.

Rivian’s recall is voluntary and is a rare one that can’t be fixed over the air. Still doesn’t concern me at all. It’s a tank of a truck and worthy of its 2022 MotorTrend Truck of the Year award. When I take delivery in January, it will already be addressed.

If you follow the car industry, then you must have heard of Sandy Munro. He’s a long time Ford executive and automotive engineer. He’s now running a consultancy where they tear down cars to help manufacturers improve build quality. He now personally owns and raves about the Rivian R1T.

Quote Originally Posted by Greg View Post
    You aren't listening about that car in snow. If you are stuck on a highway that is NOT moving and the weather is freezing you will be out of heat in no time. Would you want your children in that situation?

As for the high-lighted part, WHAT?

He had made getting oil, gas, and coal out of the ground in the US much harder causing a decrease in overall production. Taking that off the market has had severe consequences even though he is using the SOR to cover a good bit of it. If he wasn't using the prudence of previous admins gas could easily be $7-8 a gallon.

He pissed off the Saudis in regard to Iran. If you don't realize that played a part in the recent cut in production of OPEC+ you are seriously misjudging the situation.

His foreign policy missteps like in Afghanistan have shown him to be weak and inept. Again, that played a huge role in Putin going into Ukraine. He also should have made it clear Ukraine wouldn't become part of NATO, which alone may have stopped this war. THAT is the thing he himself blames for the high price.

Everything this guy does raises oil prices because he and his administration want it that way. Whatever their motivations I will leave for you to judge, though your judgment on other things calls that into question. Nothing personal.
    We will have to agree to disagree about how much impact a sitting President has on the price of gas.

And I am listening and have addressed being stuck in snow in an EV. I’d have zero issue being stuck in snow with my family in an EV for the reasons I gave: simply turn off the accessories, set the heat at 65-70 and you can sit for days if need be. Rate of discharge just running the cars heat pump is negligible and why I posted a pic my current rate of discharge.

Most EV’s have a function called Camp Mode and basically does that very function anyway.

And I brought up that VA blizzard / traffic jam for that reason. There were many Tesla owners in that debacle and all of them faired quite well.

Blog Entries

Blog Entries

Did you hear Biden the other day say that gas was $5 a gallon when he took office? I wonder who would win a debate between him and John Fetterman?

Blog Entries

The industry really needs a different word other than ‘recall’ for EV’s.

Overwhelming majority of the time, the issue is fixed with an over the air software update. You don’t even know you’ve had a recall until you check the app or the screen in the car and notice the new update.

The three years I’ve had a Tesla, I’ve had three recalls, all three issues fixed with a software update. By comparison, my previous car was a 2015 BMW X5, which had two recalls, both of which required a service appointment, leaving me without a car for a week each time.

Rivian’s recall is voluntary and is a rare one that can’t be fixed over the air. Still doesn’t concern me at all. It’s a tank of a truck and worthy of its 2022 MotorTrend Truck of the Year award. When I take delivery in January, it will already be addressed.

If you follow the car industry, then you must have heard of Sandy Munro. He’s a long time Ford executive and automotive engineer. He’s now running a consultancy where they tear down cars to help manufacturers improve build quality. He now personally owns and raves about the Rivian R1T.
    How much did you pay for the Rivian, if you don’t mind me asking?

One of my coworkers has one and he spent like $90k or something.

I’m not spending $90k on any vehicle. That’s just crazy.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Disclaimer: The content posted is of my own opinion.

8. Re: $5 gas coming back

Little Joey from Scranton, his little buddy John Boy Kerry, Zelensky the actor, Lulu in Brazil and the rest all bow to the one who is currently inverting your dominion; It was given to you to have dominion over the Earth, but they are currently mandating Earth have dominion over you. You will bow to mother Earth in the name of saving her and If you don't go agree and go green, you are just mean, and will have to file a complaint to the their ten kingdoms.

NAFTA- North America
    SAFTA- South Asian
    AFTA- Asean
    CEFTA- Central Europe
    CISFTA- CIS member states
    COMESA- Common Market for Eastern and Southern Africa
    GAFTA- Greater Arab
    GCC- Corporation Council for Arab States of the Gulf
    SICA- Central American Integration System
    TPP- Trans-Pacific Strategic Economic Partnership
    Politics is the entertainment division of the military industrial complex. ― Frank Zappa

Quote Originally Posted by blueridgemtnman View Post
    Good article. I'm not sure if it's all angled totally to just get us into electric cars but just to make everything unaffordable when it comes to transportation. Everything except public trans which the govt will happily provide and control.
    I don't know a lot but I know a little

11. Re: $5 gas coming back

Quote Originally Posted by Willbacker View Post
    Good article. I'm not sure if it's all angled totally to just get us into electric cars but just to make everything unaffordable when it comes to transportation. Everything except public trans which the govt will happily provide and control.
    It's all about control. The southern border is wide open for a reason. It's no accident. Shut down the pipeline and open the border. People are being so played. Like a cheap fiddle. Yet, they line up in droves(allegedly) to vote for more of the same.

Presidents for decades get too much blame / credit for things that they have little control over. It’s makes for good TV on the various left / right news networks but that’s about it.

Global markets and commodities that originate outside the borders of any country cannot be controlled by leaders within them. The PM here gets the same blame / credit.

You alluded to this yourself earlier in the thread.

And I’ve already been in a few snowstorms and the car was a dream. Low center of gravity and snow tires made driving a breeze. Got a Rivian waiting for me when we get to the US and it too will handle the snow no problem.
    Presidents do have a lot of control over gas prices and economies. If the U.S. didn’t have such weak leadership now Putin may not of invaded the Ukraine. His invasion effected oil prices. Also, Biden cutting off the pipeline made us more reliant on foreign oil and cost jobs. These higher fuel prices cause consumer goods to rise in price.

The troubling thing about Biden, aside from his incompetence, is that he doesn’t even care. He stays in his little bubble and hurls insults at half of America. Most Republicans agree that Trump was an asshole and should’ve stayed off Twitter, but at least he had decent policies. Of course the left doesn’t care about policies as long as men can go into women’s bathrooms and compete in their sports.