Page 69 of 354 FirstFirst ... 6768697071 ... LastLast

Re: Lamar ain’t it

Quote Originally Posted by The Excellector View Post
    Kansas City paid Patrick Mahomes. They still do damage in the playoffs. Buffalo paid Josh Allen and STILL paid Stefon Diggs. They still do damage in the playoffs. The Bucs paid Tom Brady. He still had a ton of weapons and they still do damage in the playoffs.

A QB getting a big contract does not keep you from building around the QB. It only hinders you significantly if you're philosophy is to build around the defense first and running the ball is more important than passing.

Mahommes did a lucrative, but sweetheart deal. That deal is SO cap flexible, there hand hasn't been forced financially so far except letting Reek go. Even then, they replaced him with a number of other pieces.

Lamar wants 50 million per, fully guaranteed. There's not a way to eat that that isn't going to hurt the team.

Allen is doing well despite the contract because HE'S THAT DAMN GOOD. And I hate to break it to y'all, but Lamar is not. He's not at Josh Allen's level right now.

Quote Originally Posted by xiao_ke View Post
    It’s not that the Ravens couldn’t they just didn’t want to acquire a legit WR1 for Lamar and they have shown little interest in signing Lamar to a long term contract to this point.

This franchise is only interested at investing in bully ball and defense.
    As much as nobody wants to admit this, 2019 was the worst thing that could have happened to us. We lost in round 1, but this coaching staff got extra confidence that this bullshit zigg zag trash could work because they caught people off guard and went 14-2.

Quote Originally Posted by Mmcclend View Post
    As much as nobody wants to admit this, 2019 was the worst thing that could have happened to us. We lost in round 1, but this coaching staff got extra confidence that this bullshit zigg zag trash could work because they caught people off guard and went 14-2.
    Might be on to something here

Yep. Convinced them that the old school smash mouth football can still win a SB.
    Master of 'Gifs for dummies'

"The world called for wetwork, and we answered. No greater good. No just cause." - Kazuhira Miller

Quote Originally Posted by ClericBlackDave View Post
    Allen is doing well despite the contract because HE'S THAT DAMN GOOD. And I hate to break it to y'all, but Lamar is not. He's not at Josh Allen's level right now.
    Josh Allen was only decent before he got some weapons. That changes everything

Blog Entries

Yep. Reminds me when Peter Angelos meddling in the Bobby Bonilla trade to be. It worked out, which only emboldened him to get worse.

Quote Originally Posted by Dade View Post
    Yep. Convinced them that the old school smash mouth football can still win a SB.
    It sucks because that season was so much fun to watch until the playoffs. But imagine if that season was similar to this season. I don’t think we’d be playing like this anymore.

Quote Originally Posted by ClericBlackDave View Post
    Josh Allen hasn't looked like anything special for an entire month, but ok.

Quote Originally Posted by RavenXbio View Post
    Might be on to something here
    Where would we be now if 2019 was like 2020 or this season? Would we still be zaggin?

Where would we be now if 2019 was like 2020 or this season? Would we still be zaggin?
    I wish I could say no lmao

Quote Originally Posted by RavenXbio View Post
    I wish I could say no lmao
    Lmfaoooo if the offense was this stale all 4 of these seasons and they didn’t change anything…. Mannnn…