Page 2 of 354 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Re: My Worry for Lamar Jackson's long-term development

Quote Originally Posted by crabcakes View Post
    this is the general consensus I think. Jackson is not the long term answer at QB
    No this is your concensus.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Caps&Ravens View Post
    Lamar went on the road and was a defensive collapse from beating one of the 3 best teams.

I was actually disappointed w his legs today.

Wouldn’t say consensus is we’ll be in the QB market in 2-3 years. He’s played 4 games.

We’re definitely in the Safety market.
    That, I can agree on. Which we wouldn't be if we had drafted.....oh nevermind.
    "We're not changing anything." -John Harbaugh

Mt. Arrogance in the middle of the .11 rolling acres of The Windbag Estates

Quote Originally Posted by Clint View Post
    I don't agree with the lack of downfield accuracy. Lamar dropped one into the bucket on a well covered John Brown a few weeks ago, and he delivered a beautiful bomb to Chris Moore that 9 times out of 10 results in at least a defensive pass interference.
    You do realize you have picked out two passes (was that beautiful bomb to Moore today?) our of four games?

Unless something changes dramatically we should keep drafting QBs.

How many QBs out there are legit 1000 yard rushers and completely change the identity of an offense to be a 200+ yard rushing team?

There are no real comparisons to what Lamar brings to the table. Simply saying "you need to pass to win" is oversimplifying it when the only other comparable QB in recent times was Vick and he won games by not even having 2500 passing yards for a season.

Quote Originally Posted by In2deep View Post
    I say he last about 3 to 4 years as a starter;he will get whacked some good ones that will put him out , or make it so he has to be more of a pocket passer, which will doom him to a backup someplace. Maybe the Steelers ? ohhhh, that's mean!
    Forget not lasting long running the ball. He can't throw at anywhere near an NFL level. His accuracy is going to cut his career short.

Quote Originally Posted by AlbionHero View Post
    How many QBs out there are legit 1000 yard rushers and completely change the identity of an offense to be a 200+ yard rushing team?

There are no real comparisons to what Lamar brings to the table. Simply saying "you need to pass to win" is oversimplifying it when the only other comparable QB in recent times was Vick and he won games by not even having 2500 passing yards for a season.
    You are looking at a QB that would have been the best in the league in 1952.

His running means shit. To date he has yet to face a good run defense. He has to throw accurately and he just does not.

Quote Originally Posted by Caps&Ravens View Post
    Lamar went on the road and was a defensive collapse from beating one of the 3 best teams.

I was actually disappointed w his legs today.

Wouldn’t say consensus is we’ll be in the QB market in 2-3 years. He’s played 4 games.

We’re definitely in the Safety market.
    This. Hardcore Flacco Stan’s are the only ones predicting Lamar’s demise after 4 games.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

one thing im not worried about is that he is improvng every game. he might end up being a bust but at least it looks like he is putting in the work needed to get better

Quote Originally Posted by crabcakes View Post
    you need to be able to throw in this league to succeed. 150 yards a game passing against some of the worst defenses in the league isnt gonna cut it....
    You get caught in an obv lie and this is what you go to?

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by PGCountyRaven85 View Post
    This. Hardcore Flacco Stan’s are the only ones predicting Lamar’s demise after 4 games.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    I’ve been predicting it since the preseason. I don’t see him developing as as a passer. Unfortunately.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by The Excellector View Post
    GreatWhiteNorthRaven made a post in the Game thread that stood out to me:

"All I'll say on Lamar: his passing is improving. It gets better every week. Still a ways to go, but they need to let him pass more like they did today. The accuracy improves a little, but still had a few ugly ones. One thing he needs to learn is to make sure his OL has the right calls when they line up with a blitz. I'm encouraged about Lamar."

It made me think back to a short video I saw on youtube, of Mark Clayton discussing Joe Flacco:

This brings me to the one of the two main concerns I have for Lamar's development. I am not confident that John Harbaugh will oversee Lamar's development, to make him one of the best QBs in the league. I worry that John Harbaugh is going to develop Lamar into another game manager. We all agree that this style of play is not what we want for Lamar long-term. However, I think we all also agree that this style of play has Coach Harbaugh in heaven. One reason I hadn't really focused on as much, as to why this has been working, is due to the reality that it places Harbaugh in his element. To which I say that I don't think he'll want to leave. I believe that he'll say the right things to make you think he does, but I just think that this spells bad news for Lamar long-term.
    QB development is about the OC. I think Harbs and staff have hired some poor OCs but from a HC perspective I dont put Flacco's development on Harbs as a negative.

But I agree that I dont want Marty to develop Lamar.

Quote Originally Posted by heartattackjones View Post
    You get caught in an obv lie and this is what you go to?
    what you talking about willis