Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 456

Re: The Concerning State of the Defense

“Meanwhile, back at the ranch …”. The best defense is a good offense. Keeping the Biils offense off the field should have been Roman’s primary objective in the second half. That means ball control, maintaining possession, matriculating down the field AND score - field goals are welcome. His play calling was the key. NO team can afford to blow a 17 point lead and expect to win. You can afford to see that lead shrink to one point. But maintain that lead at all cost. That’s the burden an offense must carry.

Yes, easier said than done. Nevertheless, THAT is your focus.

CCx

We have failed to run the ball in either second half of our losses. That’s a pattern. In 2019-2021 we could run the ball and eat clock with a lead. If Edward’s comes back with solid production our ability to win with a lead will go way up.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by GOTA View Post
    He keeps Moet et Chandon in his pretty cabinet?
    Let them eat cake he says just like Marie Antoinette?
    "Please take with you this final sword, The Excellector. I am praying that your journey will be guided by the light", Leon Shore

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by ShadeRaven View Post
    Ever since I did my Kyle Hamilton Breakdown I was screaming for him to play LB and I felt vindicated when Harbs said to watch out for it in the post-draft introduction but we havent seen it yet.
    I was on the phone with my old man and he even made the suggestion to play Hamilton at LB in obvious passing situations, instead of Queen and just let Queen blitz.
    "Please take with you this final sword, The Excellector. I am praying that your journey will be guided by the light", Leon Shore

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by The Excellector View Post
    I was on the phone with my old man and he even made the suggestion to play Hamilton at LB in obvious passing situations, instead of Queen and just let Queen blitz.
    Good coaches figure it out because they are creative. Ours....well.....see my sig.
    "We're not changing anything." -John Harbaugh

Quote Originally Posted by The Excellector View Post
    I like the idea of trying Hamilton at LB and try to play to some of our players strengths. Queen might not be a good ILB, but he could decent on the edge. Point is, the coaches should try to put these guys in positions where they can flourish.