Page 4 of 10 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast

Re: Ravens signing Jason Pierre-Paul

I think the delay can be better explained by health issues he needed to get over in the offseason than money dissatisfaction.

They can see what he has until Bowser and Ojabo come back and Oweh progresses, and then cut JPP loose, or if JPP plays really well they will be happy to pay him the full amount.
    "That's what."
    — She

Westminster OG, now behind enemy lines in NE
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Jsmoove View Post
    They didn’t give up on him but I think
    They grossly over estimated him and didn’t realize they would be in this situation where he’s not effective.
    I'm not giving up on him yet, but realize he's not panning out as expected. They didn't do him any favors under Wink and he is still being used out of position because of desperate need (2 OLB). They should have used him in just one role if they wanted to develop him instead of filling his brain with too much info and things to think about. Plus he's now got a young rookie DC who doesn't have the knowledge base to properly use him on top of needing him to play out of position because he has to.

He's in a lose lose situation.

Blog Entries

JPP won't play Sunday, maybe not even next week, he's coming off the street.

Does JPP get on the field as soon as this week?

Quote Originally Posted by Ravens4Real View Post
    I truly believe this is why JPP is being brought in. I don’t think even the coaching staff expected Oweh to be this bad. Only two games in but he’s def the weak link right now in terms of our OLB.

JPP actually does come in and excels, it will be Oweh finding himself on the bench. Not Houston.
    Ummm no. Oweh has the Bowser SAM role until he gets back. JPP and Houston are not going to play that role. I’ll bet you money that Oweh sees more snaps that either Houston or JPP until Bowser is back.
    “A linebacker's job is to knock out running backs, to knock out receivers, to chase the football,”
    -Ray Lewis

How disappointing is Oweh they had no choice but to bring in JPP, it’s not all that they needed another body there anyways but damn Oweh you suck, and I caught so much flack for saying he was a reach. 5th rounder at best.
    Dude, for real? Oweh isn't producing as a pass rusher like we all want him to because he's busy playing the SAM role because we have no one else who can. All other SAM options got wrecked (see Bowser, Hayes, and Biegel).

I'm not saying he is playing very well either but let's wait until Bowser comes back before we shut the door on him lol damn

This move is not a referendum on Oweh as a passrusher but I see rushing to judgment is what many do best on here. Stop being prisoners of the moment and let's see what happens in week 3 and beyond smh.
    "Did Ed Reed get the respect that he deserves? No he did not...Am I gonna get it? Probably won't. Hopefully he do. If I don't, then, hey, man, I'm alright with me." - Ed Reed

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Jam31 View Post
    Dude, for real? Oweh isn't producing as a pass rusher like we all want him to because he's busy playing the SAM role because we have no one else who can. All other SAM options got wrecked (see Bowser, Hayes, and Biegel).

I'm not saying he is playing very well either but let's wait until Bowser comes back before we shut the door on him lol damn

This move is not a referendum on Oweh as a passrusher but I see rushing to judgment is what many do best on here. Stop being prisoners of the moment and let's see what happens in week 3 and beyond smh.
    I get that but 3rd and long is still 3rd and long and pass rush is pass rush no matter if you’re SAM or hands in the dirt. He’s not producing there where it counts.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Iamjacks View Post
    I'm not giving up on him yet, but realize he's not panning out as expected. They didn't do him any favors under Wink and he is still being used out of position because of desperate need (2 OLB). They should have used him in just one role if they wanted to develop him instead of filling his brain with too much info and things to think about. Plus he's now got a young rookie DC who doesn't have the knowledge base to properly use him on top of needing him to play out of position because he has to.

He's in a lose lose situation.
    You know my thing is rushing the QB it’s either you got it or you don’t. It’s not an overly complicated thing as playing in coverage, it’s see QB, go get the QB. So I want to give him some grace because of the injuries to other areas on the defense but he sucking ass right now, he’s been on milk carton since the season started.

You know my thing is rushing the QB it’s either you got it or you don’t. It’s not an overly complicated thing as playing in coverage, it’s see QB, go get the QB. So I want to give him some grace because of the injuries to other areas on the defense but he sucking ass right now, he’s been on milk carton since the season started.
    Thats the thing NFL defenses aren't that simplistic. They have responsibilities. The offense dictates most tume whi goes and who doesn't. SAM LBs are normally task with covering TEs or RBs if the have one. In the TE or RB goes out in to the pass route the have to go with them. If they stay in to block then they get the QB. Some times they have to cover the flats. It's not as simple as see ball get ball.

Blog Entries

I can totally understand that position and it's not wrong. Hopefully he'll get better once reinforcements arrive

Quote Originally Posted by Ravenswintitle View Post
    one year $5.5M Now I know why it took so long, I'm sure they wanted him on vet minimum
    Quote Originally Posted by Captain Silver View Post
    *Yawn* Dude was on the street for a reason.
    Would have preferred a signing off another team's practice squad.

Blog Entries

They're trying. They're desperate. I can't knock the signing. My expectations are low, but hopefully JPP exceeds them as a part of a rotation.
    "Please take with you this final sword, The Excellector. I am praying that your journey will be guided by the light", Leon Shore