Page 1 of 11 123 ... LastLast

Who's to blame for this pathetic defense?

You can't sugar coat it, our defense has been awful for quite some time. And sure we can blame the coaches but I think the blame mostly falls on the front office. I don't know if it's due to EDC being so analytics driven or not but we're doing it all wrong if you ask me.

Basically they've put most of their money into the secondary. I get the concept, it's a passing league. But these are NFL caliber QBs and receivers we're facing. If the QB isn't harassed and disrupted up front they have a good chance of making a play.
    You know it and I know it.

EDC seems adverse to investing in top quality edge rushers. Sure we drafted one this year but he's a year away from playing. Oweh, isn't that guy, clearly. In addition our linebackers are mediocre to poor.

And just in general, I don't think we've drafted well recently on defense. Maybe there was a reason so many teams passed on Hamilton.

Re: Who's to blame for this pathetic defense?

EDC and Harbs

Inexperience and injuries mainly. The latter is the biggest issue of it all for the team as a whole.

Quote Originally Posted by Culex View Post
    Inexperience and injuries mainly. The latter is the biggest issue of it all for the team as a whole.
    That is not currently stopping WINK from succeeding in New York.

They’re on the field too much. Getting the run game going would help the defense, they’re too exposed. The defense deserves blame though too they have some underperforming first round picks. The old guys can’t carry everyone, Queen-Oweh-Hamilton have to pull their weight.

Quote Originally Posted by Desert Raven View Post
    They’re on the field too much. Getting the run game going would help the defense, they’re too exposed. The defense deserves blame though too they have some underperforming first round picks. The old guys can’t carry everyone, Queen-Oweh-Hamilton have to pull their weight.
    It had nothing to do with being out of shape, gassed,

Go check out the other threads with the photos of the formations, it is scheme issues.

Showed Hamilton, Clark, and Williams all up in the box on the same play and Waddle out wide with only Armour Davis covering him.

That is bad coaching

Good point on time of possession. Not to get off subject here but it looked to me like Justice Hill was our best back but we hardly gave him any touches.

Quote Originally Posted by ravensfan7716 View Post
    That is not currently stopping WINK from succeeding in New York.
    That's great for Wink. I'll be eager to see how his defense fares against Waddle and Hill one day.

Either way, Wink got criticized and blamed here too for the defense not being able to get sacks. Now that he's gone we want em back?

Quote Originally Posted by Culex View Post
    That's great for Wink. I'll be eager to see how his defense fares against Waddle and Hill one day.

Either way, Wink got criticized and blamed here too for the defense not being able to get sacks. Now that he's gone we want em back?
    Probably really good because he will blitz the shit out of TUA and keep pressure in his face and force him into bad decisions.

We had pressure first half and TUA looked bad. Second half he had time to bake cookies on every throw.

Who the hell is going to keep up with waddle and hill for 15 seconds?

Macdonald is not off to a great start and I’m not seeing anything from him that tells me he was the right choice over a veteran DC.

Blog Entries

Eric DeCosta I call him by his full name he does not deserve a shortening of name and John Harbage.

The Ojabo pick makes me scratch my head. I wasn't thrilled about it at the time cause we need guys who can play now. We already got main pieces that were hoping come back as the same player.

Pass-rush is a big issue as well as injuries, so what did we do this off-season. Drafted an injured pass rusher, signed none of substance and went into the season with only THREE of them. THREE.

Unbelievable.