Page 4 of 9 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast

Re: *files missing persons report for Odafe Oweh*

Quote Originally Posted by Ravenswintitle View Post
    I saw a stat that said he is near the highest in the league at being double teamed. More that Watt or Garrett. Anyone have anything on this?

Travis playing this week would be very nice
    in a few posts i made earlier after the Jets game i opined he would be important piece of the D, but his importance would be that his wide range of positional abilities create matchup issues and force double teams or other distractions and open things up for others on the defense. that's still the story i'm sticking with for a few more weeks anyway. so if this is true it's sorta playing out the way i envisioned, except i envisioned a lot less of him tripping over his own players and starting plays from a lackadaisical 2pt stance.

from clip #2 of the film OC posted...does this look like a chop block to anyone else?

CB.jpg

yeah what is up with that Wide 9 bs like they used to do up in Philly?

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by PTORaven View Post
    from clip #2 of the film OC posted...does this look like a chop block to anyone else?

CB.jpg
    that's dangerous

World Domination 3 Points at a Time!

Mt. Arrogance in the middle of the .11 rolling acres of The Windbag Estates

Quote Originally Posted by GullyGill View Post
    has anyone seen him?

Hes been missing for about two weeks now

If you see him please contact BCPD or Mike McDonald

Hopefully hes found safe and sound

Thanks
    The dude has been dropping into coverage more. He's the guy tasked with covering the Bowser role until he gets back.

this all seems a bit unfair. I think he definitely has been disappointing, but you guys aren't offering much context. Oweh is dropping way more into coverage as a SAM with Bowser out, and is playing way too many snaps because of our complete lack of depth at OLB (it was literally just him and Houston this past week). He's also been seeing a lot more in the way of double teams + Tua got the ball out very fast this past week. He should still be giving us more, all things considered, but this stuff isn't happening in a vacuum either, and it's only Week 3. Expect him to finish much stronger when Bowser gets back and running.

Also, he wasn't able to put on as much upper body muscle because he a shoulder surgery this summer and couldn't lift. He talked about it in that summer promo vid the ravens released, and explained that he just did his best to work out his legs/lower body (which are still powerful and explosive). Think perhaps the fairest area to be disappointed with oweh is that he didn't seem to improve much technically/with pass rush skills, but, again, it's early

Quote Originally Posted by Julius486 View Post
    this all seems a bit unfair. I think he definitely has been disappointing, but you guys aren't offering much context. Oweh is dropping way more into coverage as a SAM with Bowser out, and is playing way too many snaps because of our complete lack of depth at OLB (it was literally just him and Houston this past week). He's also been seeing a lot more in the way of double teams + Tua got the ball out very fast this past week. He should still be giving us more, all things considered, but this stuff isn't happening in a vacuum either, and it's only Week 3. Expect him to finish much stronger when Bowser gets back and running.

Also, he wasn't able to put on as much upper body muscle because he a shoulder surgery this summer and couldn't lift. He talked about it in that summer promo vid the ravens released, and explained that he just did his best to work out his legs/lower body (which are still powerful and explosive). Think perhaps the fairest area to be disappointed with oweh is that he didn't seem to improve much technically/with pass rush skills, but, again, it's early
    This is fair.

3 weeks in and has shown almost nothing except a couple of pressures here and there.
    Young player I understand but he's gotta show up at some stage

Freak of nature with 0 football skills.

Quote Originally Posted by Mmcclend View Post
    Freak of nature with 0 football skills.
    100% agree. I zeroed in on him a few times during the Dolphins game. Tua was toying with him; kept letting him get close, then threw to the spot Oweh had vacated.

I used to love watching T Sizzle not being drawn into this trap. Oweh's football instincts are deeply lacking, perhaps due to his late start. But still, he went to PSU so hard to understand him being so clueless.

One Houston is healthy, JPP is here, Ojabo and Bowser are back, will Oweh even be active on game days?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

12. Re: *files missing persons report for Odafe Oweh*

Quote Originally Posted by Aussie Ravens View Post
    3 weeks in and has shown almost nothing except a couple of pressures here and there.
    Young player I understand but he's gotta show up at some stage
    He's making tackles. 5 tackles in a game is solid for a OLB. Hard to find stats for just OLBs, DEs get few tackles, ILBs get many tackles.

Total 3 games, 10 tackles, 8 solo 2 assist. 5 in the most recent game.