Page 4 of 179 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast

Re: Game Thread Dolphins @ Ravens Home Opener 9/18

Quote Originally Posted by Wieters View Post
    I think Oliver is pretty surehanded too though. If all we're talking is a tight end who can catch gimme throws in the flat, they can both do that.

Boyle's injury was really bad. He probably isn't the same guy who he was.
    Sadly, that’s what healthy scratch means to me. He is one of my favorite Ravens, and I think his run blocking is sorely missed.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by ShadeRaven View Post
    Kenyon Drake is far from a lead back at this point in his career but the run game issues were a lot of assignment and powers/linderbaum struggling with Q.Wiliams.
    I see a lot of screen game with drake and hill today…

Hill may get more touches today than he has in his career

Ole Glass Ankles shit lord. Trade him please

Quote Originally Posted by jonboy79 View Post
    Sadly, that’s what healthy scratch means to me. He is one of my favorite Ravens, and I think his run blocking is sorely missed.
    Yep, the only reason Boyle wasn't cut this year is his contract. Salute to a solid career, great job for a 5th round TE, but he's toast.

Kenyon Drake is far from a lead back at this point in his career but the run game issues were a lot of assignment and powers/linderbaum struggling with Q.Wiliams.
    I think it's pretty unfair to blame the lack of a running game on Powers and Linderbaum. We had an entire sample size last year of the running game doing nothing and Powers/Linderbaum weren't on the field. The offensive line wasn't great last year, but the scheme is good enough to overcome medicore linemen (and Linderbaum is not mediocre) if you have competent backs.

We're trotting out backs who no one else wants and who are learning the playbook during the season. Not only is Drake not a lead back at this point--he has never been a lead back. Neither has Davis.

Dobbins coming back will change a lot.

Drake looked pretty slow though

Its an objective fact that run blocking assignments were missed and Quinnen Williams was a monster that day (92 PFF grade) Linderbaum still won 1 on 1 with Q.Williams some plays and lost others, Powers the same. Im not trying to blame anybody. They didnt even play badly.

Im saying that the run game was a myriad of issues some may have had to do with lack of preseason and having guys shuffling spots on the OL but yes JK does hide more mistakes than Kenyon Drake does for sure.
    Mike MacDonald should be our head coach next season

If Youre gonna say I said something, Quote me cause yall be lying.

Quote Originally Posted by mddisney1 View Post
    I see a lot of screen game with drake and hill today…

Hill may get more touches today than he has in his career

We definitely need to use Hill more
    Consider the ravens: they neither sow nor reap, they have neither storehouse nor barn, and yet God feeds them. Of how much more value are you than the birds!

Luke 12:24

Its an objective fact that run blocking assignments were missed and Quinnen Williams was a monster that day (92 PFF grade) Linderbaum still won 1 on 1 with Q.Williams some plays and lost others, Powers the same. Im not trying to blame anybody. They didnt even play badly.

Im saying that the run game was a myriad of issues some may have had to do with lack of preseason and having guys shuffling spots on the OL but yes JK does hide more mistakes than Kenyon Drake does for sure.
    Sure that's fair. I think Linderbaum getting some seasoning and Cleveland coming in for Powers will elevate this line, and that's not even mentioning Ronnie.

But even with those improvements, nothing is going to overcome the backs we've had for the past two years.

Football nerds love to talk about how fungible running backs are, but we're a cautionary tale that shows their enduring value. This offense looks completely different with a healthy Dobbins/Gus.

Big day from Andrews today, I can feel it.

Quote Originally Posted by Culex View Post
    We definitely need to use Hill more
    why, so he can fall down on first touch. I don't think I've ever seen him break a tackle...he's only good on ST.

Agreed. Tbh I think Cleveland claiming the LG spot from Powers would have a bigger impact on the run game than Dobbins/Gus getting healthy.