Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Re: The coming econmic collapse

Quote Originally Posted by BustOfPallas View Post
    Things could get ugly this winter. I'm less afraid of being wiped out as seeing my wealth, standard of living, and retirement prospects/horizon diminished substantially.

There is no telling what the lunatics in power will do if large numbers of people get crushed this winter.

Everything is an excuse to push their obnoxious and wrong headed policies i.e. reset, BBB etc..

They'll just print and spend more money.
    "I'm from the government, and I'm here to help"
    Only dumbfuck lefties believe that shit. Anyone capable of thinking knows that the government fucks up everything it touches. And it's not from incompetence either. There's a reason people who become public servants quickly become millionaires, and stay in power for decades regardless of their performance in office.

"It's a big club... And you ain't in it" - George Carlin

Sent from my ass using Tapatalk

Mt. Arrogance in the middle of the .11 rolling acres of The Windbag Estates

Quote Originally Posted by blah3 View Post
    I’m a little disappointed that people are buying the oil reserve release propaganda. Adding an additional 1% of oil on the market is not having a really significant effect here on gas prices. At best it’s having a placebo effect to quell fears of supply shortage due to Ukraine war.
    1% may or may not have a big effect. If demand is 100.5% of supply prices will rise a bit. If demand is 99.5% of supply prices will decrease a bit.

No, not huge likely, but demand out-stripping supply is inflationary.

Quote Originally Posted by CarrollCoRaven View Post
    Top this off with a possible Railroad worker strike looming and this country is in deep doo doo. Let's go Brandon.
    https://www.cnbc.com/2022/09/12/larg...-a-strike.html
    "Idling all 7,000 long distance daily freight trains in the U.S. would require more than 460,000 additional long haul trucks every day which is not possible based on equipment availability and an existing shortage of 80,000 drivers." said ATA president and CEO Chris spears. "As such any rail service disruption will create havoc in the supply chain and fuel inflationary pressures across the board."

All true!!! Truck drivers might be the backbone but the railways are the hub with both domestic and international goods being transported all over the country. Minerals. Furniture, Refrigerated goods. Oil. You name it. Then lets say trucks pick up the slack. Diesel. Man hours with probally teams having to drive the trucks. Tolls. It will be a total cluster. There's not one thing in the market unless it's local that wouldn't be affected. Prices will skyrocet especially after passing the Middle Class Reduction Plan.

Maybe Union Joe can talk to them after he takes his adderal and his notes since I'm sure he was an engineer and used to drive trains. On his commute from Deleware to Washington he got to wear the engineer hat and toot the horn at least. Right? I mean he was a tractor trailer driver before. He was doing all this while going to night school to study to become a lawyer. Finished in the top of the class. He's an electrician. He's a plumber. Hell he built the house he lives in Wilmington. All by himself. From the foundation all the way to the tippy top of his roof. I shit you not. He'll tell you.
    I don't know a lot but I know a little

Just now hearing the deadline may be extended to Sept 29.

The real problem here is satisfying shareholders.

Quote Originally Posted by Willbacker View Post
    "Idling all 7,000 long distance daily freight trains in the U.S. would require more than 460,000 additional long haul trucks every day which is not possible based on equipment availability and an existing shortage of 80,000 drivers." said ATA president and CEO Chris spears. "As such any rail service disruption will create havoc in the supply chain and fuel inflationary pressures across the board."

All true!!! Truck drivers might be the backbone but the railways are the hub with both domestic and international goods being transported all over the country. Minerals. Furniture, Refrigerated goods. Oil. You name it. Then lets say trucks pick up the slack. Diesel. Man hours with probally teams having to drive the trucks. Tolls. It will be a total cluster. There's not one thing in the market unless it's local that wouldn't be affected. Prices will skyrocet especially after passing the Middle Class Reduction Plan.

Maybe Union Joe can talk to them after he takes his adderal and his notes since I'm sure he was an engineer and used to drive trains. On his commute from Deleware to Washington he got to wear the engineer hat and toot the horn at least. Right? I mean he was a tractor trailer driver before. He was doing all this while going to night school to study to become a lawyer. Finished in the top of the class. He's an electrician. He's a plumber. Hell he built the house he lives in Wilmington. All by himself. From the foundation all the way to the tippy top of his roof. I shit you not. He'll tell you.
    All the while playing with kids in the pool who would mess with the hair on his legs. Then when done with them he would have to go kick Cornpop's ass, who is a bad dude if you don't know. He also managed to copy a lot of speeches over the years, which takes effort.

And you forgot to add his flying jets in WW II, Korea, and Vietnam. In Desert Storm he was too old for that so just lead a tank battalion, with him on foot with a saber leading the way of course.

Quote Originally Posted by Greg View Post
    All the while playing with kids in the pool who would mess with the hair on his legs. Then when done with them he would have to go kick Cornpop's ass, who is a bad dude if you don't know. He also managed to copy a lot of speeches over the years, which takes effort.

And you forgot to add his flying jets in WW II, Korea, and Vietnam. In Desert Storm he was too old for that so just lead a tank battalion, with him on foot with a saber leading the way of course.
    Little known fact but he also lead the charge at Normandy while shooting down a couple u boats on the way to the beach. Also armed only with a machete rescued John McCain from the deepest part of the jungle in Vietnam. Also while on lifeguard duty on one his daily vacations at Rehoboth harpooned a massive shark with big white teeth that was attacking a swimmer. I hear the plan is to re chisel Mt Rushmore and put him up on it and rename it Mount Flation. It's gonna be great since renowned artist Hunter Biden will be overseeing the project.

Quote Originally Posted by stevez51 View Post
    Europe's recession will be the blame for ours.
    True.
    "A moron, a rapist, and a Pittsburgh Steeler walk into a bar. He sits down and says, “Hi I’m Ben may I have a drink please?”
    ProFootballMock

Thinking about this could be a ruse to allow Biden to solve the problem and the democrats be heroes. Meanwhile on the side the union workers get their money unknown to the public.

Little known fact but he also lead the charge at Normandy while shooting down a couple u boats on the way to the beach. Also armed only with a machete rescued John McCain from the deepest part of the jungle in Vietnam. Also while on lifeguard duty on one his daily vacations at Rehoboth harpooned a massive shark with big white teeth that was attacking a swimmer. I hear the plan is to re chisel Mt Rushmore and put him up on it and rename it Mount Flation. It's gonna be great since renowned artist Hunter Biden will be overseeing the project.
    I just read he was responsible for taking Little Roundtop for the Union at Gettysburg and also that he was inspired to plagiarize because he actually wrote the Star Spangled Banner with Key looking over his shoulder and stealing his work.

10. Re: The coming econmic collapse

The white collar economy is taking the brunt of the economic collapse (high tech, real estate, mortage brokers, walmart corporate workers). Most people will be poor. Pay attention though to border crossings. It's not mexican anymore, but Venezuelans and Cubans. Unlike Mexicans, many Venezuelans are college educated. Their economy was the beacon of south america until the United States put sanctions on them because of Maduro. They will be doing the microchip manufacturing jobs that most americans have no skills in. The, "I got something to sell you" service economy will be a thing of the past. As Ivanka Trump once said, find something new will what Americans will be doing.
    Last edited by simplesimon; 09-16-2022 at 04:28 PM.
    The wife put her hand on her knee for healing and the husband on his crotch.

Wife: "Husband the pastor can only do healing miracles, not raise the dead!"

Quote Originally Posted by Greg View Post
    I just read he was responsible for taking Little Roundtop for the Union at Gettysburg and also that he was inspired to plagiarize because he actually wrote the Star Spangled Banner with Key looking over his shoulder and stealing his work.
    Lol. We can go way back on this.

Blog Entries

I hear the train a' coming....