Page 2 of 72 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast
  1. Re: 2022 In-Season Ravens Practice/Injury/Roster updates

Quote Originally Posted by Dirt1 View Post
    I don’t think we are going to see Stanley play in a game until Week 4 and Jones until Week 6. I think Dobbins might get very limited snaps in Week 2, but I think Week 3 or 4 is more realistic to see him play significant snaps.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Not arguing timelines, but rather, a question about IR this year - if Jones (or any player) is hypothetically out until week 6, would IR have been a better move for roster flexibility?

Re: 2022 In-Season Ravens Practice/Injury/Roster updates

Quote Originally Posted by AmishlandRavenFan View Post
    Not arguing timelines, but rather, a question about IR this year - if Jones (or any player) is hypothetically out until week 6, would IR have been a better move for roster flexibility?
    You could argue both ways:

Reasons for IR: If you put on IR (after being on 53), he can return after 4 games, so that would give you more flexibility.

Reason not to IR: There is a limit of 8 guys that can return from IR—2 of which are already earmarked for Ojabo and Kolar…so if you put too many guys on early, you may not have flexibility for a 4-6 week injury midseason. Other obvious reason is it requires him to miss 4 games do if you think there’s a chance he’s back week 3 or 4, it might not be smartest move

3. Re: 2022 In-Season Ravens Practice/Injury/Roster updates

Quote Originally Posted by VermontRaven View Post
    You could argue both ways:

Reasons for IR: If you put on IR (after being on 53), he can return after 4 games, so that would give you more flexibility.

Reason not to IR: There is a limit of 8 guys that can return from IR—2 of which are already earmarked for Ojabo and Kolar…so if you put too many guys on early, you may not have flexibility for a 4-6 week injury midseason. Other obvious reason is it requires him to miss 4 games do if you think there’s a chance he’s back week 3 or 4, it might not be smartest move
    Thank you - still trying to get my arms around some of these new rules.

Sent from my moto g(7) power using Tapatalk

Blog Entries

Duane Brown is out for the Jets on Sunday and could end up on IR

Jeff Zrebiec
    @jeffzrebiec
    TE Nick Boyle and OT Ronnie Stanley both returned to practice today. Guys I didn't see out there: CB Marcus Peters (knee), OLB Justin Houston, DE Calais Campbell, DT Travis Jones (knee).
    Houston and Campbell are candidates for vet days.

Quote Originally Posted by GOTA View Post
    Oweh and or Houston should eat.

Jeff Zrebiec
    @jeffzrebiec
    ·
    27m
    Harbaugh said that he wont comment on injured players status for Sunday. Did say that Marcus Peters was getting rest day today.

Jeff Zrebiec

@jeffzrebiec
    ·
    6h
    Ravens injury report and game status for Sunday against Jets: OUT: DT Travis Jones (knee); DOUBTFUL: OT Ronnie Stanley (ankle); QUESTIONABLE: RB J.K. Dobbins (knee), CB Marcus Peters (knee).
    TE Nick Boyle practiced fully today and does not have an injury designation.

Quote Originally Posted by VermontRaven View Post
    Jeff Zrebiec

@jeffzrebiec
    ·
    6h
    Ravens injury report and game status for Sunday against Jets: OUT: DT Travis Jones (knee); DOUBTFUL: OT Ronnie Stanley (ankle); QUESTIONABLE: RB J.K. Dobbins (knee), CB Marcus Peters (knee).
    TE Nick Boyle practiced fully today and does not have an injury designation.
    In the Wash game, there was a special teams tackle of the ball carrier wrongly attributed to Christian Welch. It was Boyle. Boyle ran down the sideline full speed into some poor bastard. A Ravens player - who I think actually was Welch - was pushing the poor bastard toward the sideline into the path of the raging 86 and looked like he could easily have been collateral damage - like being pin #2 at the bowling alley. The TV people didn’t spend enough time on it. It probably requires an NC-17 rating or something - but my DVR has rewind and i watched it over and over and over.

Next to that contested catch by Likely it was the most exiting play of preseason.

Boyle seems ready to football.

Quote Originally Posted by GOTA View Post
    Man, I'm looking at the Jets depth chart...

LT1 Duane Brown O
    LT2 Conor McDermott Q (signed four days ago, he had been a back up with the Jets for a few years but not brought back this year until now. )
    LT3 Max Mitchell
    LT4 Greg Senat O (yes, that Greg Senat, out with a non football injury)

RT1 George Fant Q
    RT2 Conor McDermott Q
    RT3 Max Mitchell
    RT4 Mekhi Becton IR

So Fant, who hasn't been practicing, is going to move from RT back to LT where he played last year. Fant is a decent pass blocker by most accounts, but no help in the run game, which will put more pressure on an increasingly immobile Joe Flacco.

Which turns our attention to Max Mitchell who appears set to start at RT. The Jets are saying they are super confident in him. Yeah, sure they are. He's a fourth round pick out of Louisiana. So aside from a Ragin' Cajuns opening loss to an iffy Texas program last year, their opponents were,
    • Ohio
    • Georgia Southern
    • South Alabama
    • App State
    • Arkansas State
    • Texas State
    • Georgia State
    • Troy
    • Liberty
    • ULMonroe

I'm not saying a guy from a smaller program can't make it, but that's a big leap going from Louisiana to preseason games versus iffy competition, to starting versus the Ravens defense. And the knock on him is that he doesn't move his feet well, so if you get him moving one way, he's not going to recover well.

All of which is a long way of saying I expect Macdonald to draw up stunts he's never seen off that edge, and the Jets needing to chip tight ends and slide RBs over to help cover Flacco's right side, leaving less for the DBs to worry about.
    "That's what."
    — She

Blog Entries

nice breakdown Shas. Remember, Fant is one of the guys the Sehawks brought in a few years ago to teach him how to play football and specifically Oline. He was a basketball player. They did that for both tackles that year and thought they had a new approach to solving the tackle problem.

He's hung in there pretty well but this is only his 7th year of playing football at any level

World Domination 3 Points at a Time!

Thanks. Didn't know that about Fant. Interesting. Maybe a lesson that basketball skills are more easily transferrable to pass blocking than run blocking.

Reminds me that I thought Kahil McKenzie has made good progress transitioning from DT to G. His third preseason game left a lot to be desired but I am glad he's on the PS.

BTW, what the heck is up with the site? It's freezing every few minutes for me.
    "That's what."
    — She