Page 5 of 321 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast

Thread: Lamar

1. Re: Let Lamar go to free agency #TeamHuntley

Quote Originally Posted by Davesta View Post
    Can’t we hammerban this dude yet? Sheesh
    Ya'll keep saying stuff like this, but first of all, here you are, keeping the thread going. Give it a couple days and it'll have 10 pages of comments. Not only that, but can't you just ignore it and move on? What rule has he or others that make these threads broken? This is some funny shit that goes on here, as w/most message boards. Is it silly? Of course it is. It's kinda like people having to slow down and rubberneck at a car accident. You just have to come in and say how dumb it is, as if most of us don't already know. I guess the OP is a dumbass, but what does that make the countless posters who just HAVE TO come in and play along, therefore encouraging more of the same?

Re: Let Lamar go to free agency #TeamHuntley

Quote Originally Posted by PurplePower View Post
    I am 100% on Team Huntley. The team can save hundreds of millions of dollars and get a QB (Huntley) that is a better passer than Lamar and has a similar skill set when scrambling.
    LMFAO,.

This must be a new account set up by Jonboy79.

Tyler Huntley has the weakest arm of the 4 QBS sitting on the roster currently but he is a better passer? lol

Quote Originally Posted by blueridgemtnman View Post
    I love Lamar and want him as our QB. But, I agree w/this. If they end up giving him a contract like that, just like most, if not all of the other mega money ones given to other QB's, it'll be a huge mistake. No single player in the NFL is worth anywhere near that. This is not a Lamar take, it's an all QB take.
    Oh, but you're not allowed to say it or you'll be called a moron or troll by all of the "smart" people on here.

Quote Originally Posted by blueridgemtnman View Post
    I love Lamar and want him as our QB. But, I agree w/this. If they end up giving him a contract like that, just like most, if not all of the other mega money ones given to other QB's, it'll be a huge mistake. No single player in the NFL is worth anywhere near that. This is not a Lamar take, it's an all QB take.
    It is certainly a tough spot for the Ravens. It goes completely against the franchise model they have been building up over the years. Remain competitive every year with a realistic chance at a Superbowl every 3-5 years.

With this contract, they would be a Jackson injury away from being the Lions for at least 5 years or more. Same situation if Lamar doesn't live up to the contract.

Very tough situation. We all said the Browns were idiots for offering the fully guaranteed contract. I say that still applies here. Hopefully those are just rumors and the Ravens and Lamar can find middle ground.

Sent from my SM-N981U using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by Ravensblitzkrieg View Post
    Other team forums ban trolls from other teams fan base.

This dude is clearly a Steelers troll and only posts to start foolishness.

Should be banned already
    If everyone had him on ignore, these threads would sink without trace in about a day anyway. He'd only posted about 4 times when I decided he was well worth ignoring.

Blog Entries

please make this the official Lamar contract thread so the others aren't dragged down

World Domination 3 Points at a Time!

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Satyr3206 View Post
    Btw, I thought paying Flacco was a mistake. It hurt the Ravens for 3 years.
    If they had paid Tyrod Taylor what the Bills paid him, which was around $9 million a year when Flacco was getting $20,100. how many more wins would the Ravens have had? They would have kept Boldin to play Tyrod since he was traded to clear money. Would Tyrod and Boldin been any different from Flacco in terms of team performance?

My opinion is that it wouldn't have mattered. Ozzie still would have brought in Dumervil, Chris Canty and Michael Huff. Elam and Gino Gradskowski would still be rookies starting and failing. Ozzie was very focused on the defense which is why he traded Boldin so maybe he would have signed a CB in free agency. Dumervil was the pass rusher add so there wouldn't have been another. Huff was the Safety add and Elam was the 1st round pick at Safety. Canty was the DL add. CB on ILB might have been the new adds with the money.

It sounds like the same mediocrity. You still have Boldin but now Tyrod is learning to be a starter which is bumpy. Tyrod is solid but becomes a journeyman high backup and doesn't make it as a starter. The Ravens end up in a similar place by 2018

Blog Entries

I don't see any trolling going on in this thread. It's all real football talk about signing Lamar or keeping the money for something else.

That being said, if you really don't want Lamar on the Ravens you shouldn't come to the parade. When the Ravens do win the Super Bowl with Lamar at QB he's going to be the main reason why. The whole team is built around him. Don't suddenly act like you're now on board after the Ravens win it all. It's too late at that point.

Blog Entries

The Ravens should consider moving Huntley for whatever value they can get and roll w/ Brown Jr as Lamar's back-up.

I like Huntley, mention him as a UDFA candidate before the draft. He's sharp and disciplined with his footwork, has above average running ability and quickness and he's accurate. But, he's limited by his armstrength. Anthony Brown Jr. doesn't have Huntley footwork discipline, accuracy yet and he's a decent runner but not as quick as Huntley but Brown Jr. doesn't have Huntley arm strength limitations and that makes him a better fit for how i want to see this offense attack defensive coverages that squat on the run game and play variations of sticks/cover 4/zero man defense.

Attack downfield.

But, they're probably not gonna hand the back-up job to a rookie UDFA.
    "Those corners...and those safeties are going to be one-on-one... and we got to make them pay for it," Harbs

"I think he’d be[Lamar] the greatest player in the history of the game,” Young said

Quote Originally Posted by GOTA View Post
    I don't see any trolling going on in this thread. It's all real football talk about signing Lamar or keeping the money for something else. ..
    The original post says that Huntley is a better passer than Lamar. That's pretty trollish if you ask me.
    "Chin up, chest out."

They should give Lamar the $250 million. It'll be surpassed when Herbert and Burrow come up anyway.

Quote Originally Posted by HotInHere View Post
    The original post says that Huntley is a better passer than Lamar. That's pretty trollish if you ask me.
    Probably just his opinion, as wrong as we think it may be.